Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,843 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,047 reviews
on January 5, 2014
I have used Sandisk flash cards almost exclusively since 2003 and have only once had a failure requiring me to use Remo Recover to extract photos from a corrupted card. That's a pretty good record, and I trust Sandisk more than any other brand to not crash on me when I am taking important photos. This particular card was purchased for use with a Canon 6D and Canon 60D. As a 30 MB/s class 10, it has more than enough bandwidth to shoot 20 megapixel RAW still images in bursts of up to 10, and Video clips up to 1920x1080 at 30 Fps. These Canon DSLR's capture MOV video at a very high data rate, about 6 MB/s, but this card can handle it, at least for clips up to 5 minutes long. If you shoot a lot of video from a DSLR, you might be better off with the Sandist Extreme, which is a 45 MB/s card, but these are substantially more expensive. NOTE: The "30 MB/s" rating on the card is READ speed only! The Write speed is much less, about 10 MB/sec, but this should be fast enough to keep up with my Canon 6D videos. When shopping for SD cards, keep in mind that the "sweet spot" in terms of Price/Capacity changes frequently: only a year ago, the 8 Gb cards were the best value, and I expect that by summer of 2014, the 32 Gb cards will be a better value than this 16 Gb card. Another issue to keep in mind is that the larger the card, the more photos it can carry, and consequently, the more photos you put at risk should something happen to the card. A 64Gb card might be able to hold all the photos of an entire 2 week vacation trip, but do you really want to put your entire vacation on that one card? What if the camera were to be stolen the last day of your trip? I suggest that you might to consider using several smaller cards, like the 4 Gb or 8 Gb size and have no more than one day of photos on each card, stored separately from your camera pack so that you don't lose all the photos should that pack be lost or stolen. Of course, if you are downloading your camera cards to a laptop or backup storage each night, the loss of a large card isn't so much of a concern.

SUMMARY: This Sandisk SD card offers excellent Price/Performance/Capacity (as of Janjuary 2014), and Sandisk's reputation for reliability. The rated performance of 30 Mb/s read speed, and 10 Mb/s Write speed are enough for most digital cameras up to 20 megapixels for either stills or HD video. If your camera skips frames or refuses to shoot video with this card, you probably need to upgrade to the 45 Mb/s Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards.
on October 31, 2013
I would not recommend this card for anyone with a very high Megapixel camera.

30MB/second is not very fast. I'm not great at math, but this is a pretty simple problem:

A Nikon D800 has a 36 megapixel sensor and RAW files coming out of that camera can be around 50MB.

Writing a 36 MP photo that is 50 MB being written to a 30MB/sec card will take almost two seconds to write to this card. And that is under IDEAL conditions.

Now consider that you are taking 10 photos in a row in succession (such as with a burst mode. It will take you potentially 1/250 or 1/500 of a second or however fast your shutter speed is (plus lag) for the shutter to open and close and capture each photo.

BUT the photos then need to be added to the camera buffer and written to the card.

So, assuming the buffer of your camera can actually hold all 10 or 20 or 30 photos you took in burst mode, the camera needs to write them to the card and you will be waiting to use the camera in the meantime.

If, for example, you took 20 photos in burst mode and are capturing in RAW format, that's going to be 1000MB you need to write at 30MB/second.
In this example with a card of this speed, you will be waiting around __33 seconds__ until you can use your camera again!

That being said, for high megapixel cameras, you are going to be much better off with a faster card. If you can double the speed of the card, or even increase it by 50%, you are going to be writing faster and saving files faster and therefore able to using your camera for more shots faster.

But, for standard point and shoot users, who are taking a single photo at a time, this card should be fine.

JUST REMEMBER: You do not want to store ALL of your photos on one card ever. Make sure to change cards frequently (before they fill up) because if the one card you are using fries or dies, you will lose all of your photos.
on September 16, 2013
Ok so i purchased this SDHC card, Well as i was uploading go pro videos through gmail, i realized how slow it was took over 2 hrs for each 3-5min video. Also i had ordered a second one of these, and the 2nd one had some minor differences with the first one that had me doubting. The first SD ultra card looked identical to the 2nd one on the front, but on the back the 2nd SD ultra card has "Sandisk" molded into the actual black housing, while the first one didn't. When looking at the card with a flash light i notice the first one is solid black, while the 2nd one i got you can actually see through the back into the actual hardware.

SPEED TEST!!
So this Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 is rated for 30 MB/s and should have a min write speed of 10MB. Using Blackmagic speed test:
1st Sandisk Ultra 16gb class 10: Write speed: 6-7MB/s SLOWWWW! Read speed: 19-45 MB/s

2nd Sandisk Ultra 16gb class 10: Write speed: 9.8-11 MB/s the whole time mostly stayed above 10 MB. READ: 30-44 MB/s

3rd Monster 16gb Safari series class 10: WRITE: 10.5 MB/s READ: 22-25 MB/s

In conclusion it seems the 1st Sandisk i ordered was a Class 6 ultra in class 10 disquise it seems, or just a fake. The 2nd Sandisk performed better but still slow compared to what is stated, as high read speed is important but write speed is the main thing to me. Comparing to a regular class 10 Monster 16gb SD card, the 1st sandisk was about half the speed when it is rated at 3X's the speed. Pretty disappointing. When i first got these cards i was happy because they worked with no issue but after performing the speed test and doing some research realized that they are not up to par i am veryyy upset. This is the first order gone wrong through Amazon.

What worries me is if they can fake these SD cards i am now cautious about buying anything that could be replicated or buying these kind of items online. Unless it is from a reputable store but Amazon seems to be turning into Ebay where there are so many fraudulent items that we the consumers cannot trust and buy confidentially knowing what we order may not be the real deal.
on January 4, 2014
There are three computers in my house, and I had uploaded different but overlapping sets of photos to each one. In an effort to get all of my photos onto one iPhoto account, I used this SD card to download all the photos on all the computers, and wound up with over 9000 files! Some very large (5-6 MB each) and not all of them survived the transfer to the one computer--30 of them were rejected, but I still have them on the other computer.

If your camera saves photos in a large format, you might only get 700-800 photos out of this card. My Nikon CoolPix L110 would start working funny around 750, then just shut down without warning after about 800 photos, because each photo is about 2-5 MB. I was photographing ancestral graves in a town where many generations of ancestors lived, so I was taking hundreds of photos a day. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the file size without sacrificing quality, which is why I went back to a Canon PowerShot, which was my first camera. My new one is great. I haven't taken that many photos, so I don't know how the card will hold up if I ever get to that number.
Fast, flawless memory for my cameras. Although I do have a few chips from other manufacturers, these are the best. I've never gotten a bad one or had one fail me despite heavy usage -- frequently taking it out of the camera to be read in the computer, then clearing and reinserting it into a camera. These chips are fast and improve my camera's response time regardless of which camera I am using (I have three).

I have never had a problem with a SanDisk chip. Any SanDisk chip of any size or type. They seem to have superb quality control. I have had problems with other chips from different manufacturers, especially the ones that seem to come "free" with "kit" purchases of various types. I keep those for emergencies, but all my workhorse chips are now SanDisk.

I wait until they are on sale, then buy a couple at a time. I prefer to use many medium size chips to just a few bigger ones. Huge ones just encourage me to over shoot or download too infrequently. That being said, 8 GB is a pretty good size chip, even if your are shooting RAW+jpg.

I don't think you can go wrong with a SanDisk Class 10 of any size.
on May 26, 2014
You have to understand that my life happens in slow motion imposed upon me by cerebral palsy so I don't have much in the way of high speed requirements. I do not take pictures of animals, babies or atheletes taht move in the wink of an eye. I take pictures of buildings, bridges and people standing still. I might take a picture of something moving slow that can be captured using camera settings.

That said I have taken pictures of buildings and other things using a digital SLR recording in both JPG and RAW formats which taxes the memory card. So far these SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Cards have performed well under the most harsh demands I've made of them. The cards serve me well in all sorts of weather. the save times are not terribly long. I have not had problems with corruption, bad formatting or data loss. I've taken movies on my little sony handi-cam camera and never had issues with fluttering or jumpy pictures. As always I can only share my experiences with a product and as such having had no adverse issues I must give the SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Card a five star rating.
on October 30, 2013
The cards arrived with no packaging. After a test with other Ultra cards I found these to be about 30% lower speed on the read, and 50% slower on the write speed than a REAL SanDisk Ultra.

Amazon has been allowing their third parties to sell counterfeit cards since atleast 2007 when we had this issue with their CF cards. I am shocked SanDisk does not sue the pants off Amazon.
on April 10, 2017
I purchased this to have my photographer shoot and store the images that were of my MFA exhibition. Although the camera showed the image when I tried to upload to my computer and the campus computer the disc could not be read and was declared "corrupted' and when I retried to view images in my camera (we both have same digital SLR Nikon) it would no longer show images. Due to timing of install-deinstall and defense of my exhibit it took me bit to get around to setting up return when I ran smack into the new return policy. Which is egregious in and of itself. Most products are under some warranty and I have not ever been turned away at a business "big box" or not if I had proof of purchase. This is not good customer service!!!!!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2012
The sandisk ultra 32GB SDHC is a great card. You have more than enough space for the average user and the data transfer is very quick. I haven't ever had a problem with delayed tranfer.If you have a card that has lower class reading such as 4 versus this card's 10 you would notice the speed lag when you place the card under high performance demand. One way I test that is by placing my camera to sports mode for continuos (multiple shot) mode to capture my 10-15 shots per second or two. The lower the class the slower the card is able to transfer the data to the card in time in order to be ready for the next shot.

I'm very content with this card and has helped me store more video footage than I ever needed. I have also noticed that I am able to transfer my photos to my computer much faster because of the 30MB/s transfer speed.

So when your shopping and comparing prices make sure you're paying attention to class level which determines transfer rate. when i was shopping and initially comparing prices I noticed a difference in price of upto $10-15 and then realized it was due to class level (transfer speed level).

I hope this review helps you all with your shopping.
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2014
HD video quality from my DSLR has been improved on this card. Sometimes I used to get those square digitization from other SD cards. Also, the buffering speed is very high which helps greatly in case of high speed shooting from DSLR. Such cards are particularly more useful if shoot in RAW and like to capture videos.
In Transcend cards sometime the lock slider will become loose and move to lock position while inserting it in and out of the card slot of DSLR or PC and then camera will give a write error. It can be really annoying when you are trying to capture those "quick moments". I found the lock slider of Sandisk card to be tighter than that in Transcend.

Good value of money at about 20, if you can find it in one of those Goldbox or Lightening deals.