Sanabul Essentials v.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric
- The best and only brand name gi at this price point is now better than ever.IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHECK THE NEW SIZE CHART AS WE HAVE UPDATED OUR SIZING. OUR GIS TEND TO RUN BIGGER THAN MOST BRANDS
- No more shrinking! The Essentials v.2 is the only ultra light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. You do not need to worry about the old reviews about the gi shrinking because now you can wash the gi in cold water and hang dry without the gi becoming smaller. Note that if you intentionally want the gi to shrink you can wash it in hot water and put it in the dryer. Please refer to the Sanabul Fit Guide for detailed shrinking instructions
- New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi. If you already own our original Essentials gi and are looking to buy v.2, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHICH SIZE TO ORDER PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT IN THE CUSTOMER QUESTION AND ANSWER SECTION BELOW AND WE WILL GIVE YOU OUR RECOMMENDATION
- The light weight fabric is perfect for summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Our single weave gi is more durable than other single weave kimonos. The fabric also has an Antimicrobial and Anti Odor treatment which helps to prevent the spread of bacterial and fungal infections
- We care about our customers. As of Nov 8 2015, our new Essential v.2 gi's have additional features such as preshrunk light weight fabric, stiffer rubberized collar, updated design and size chart, and compact-stitch embroidery, which consists of dense tightly knit threads. For a limited time you can get a FREE SANABUL BJJ BELT (ANY COLOR BELT!!!) with your purchase. In order to get the free belt you MUST SELECT THE BELT SIZE AND COLOR FROM THE BELT LISTING AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Life is expensive, a good gi doesn't have to be
Since we introduced the first Sanabul Essentials gi, the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gi market landscape has changed dramatically. Long gone are the days of over priced gi's that serve the basic principle of keeping you covered while you learn and practice the art of Jiu Jitsu.
Our goal was to create a brand name bjj gi that was both aesthetically appealing and durable at a price point that everyone could afford.
Focus on what's important
The most important secret to getting better at Jiu Jitsu is doing more Jiu Jitsu; Don’t worry about the gi because we took care of that part.
The contrast stitching, subtle design elements and details, athletic cut you'll never worry about how you look while wearing it.
The highly durable, reinforced ultra light weight fabric has been tested and made to withstand even the most grueling training sessions.
Did we mention we also have an antimicrobial and anti odor treatment? Yep, we do.
Even though our gi is not expensive we dare you to put to the test against gi's that are two or three times the cost. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Size matters, because we are Sanabul
We are Sanabul, a company that has no affiliation with any other brand of gi you previously owned. What does that mean? We have our own sizing for gis. For example, if you wear an A2 in another brands gi, it might not mean you are an A2 in ours.
Our gi's tend to run a little larger than some of the other brands but being the customer centric company that we are, we created a size guide that is more extensive than any other brand. Its easy to use, but if you have any questions or concerns just ask in the question & answer section.
Once you get your gi, make sure you check out our fit guide and washing instructions.
Again, if you have any questions please let us know but the most important thing is to check your recommended size by using our size guide.
You 'can' teach an old dog new tricks
We strive to continue improving our products and have made drastic improvements to the Essentials gi since its inception, the biggest of which is using Pre-Shrunk fabric in version 2.
What does 'pre-shrunk' fabric mean? It means the gi will be on its best behavior and you wont get any unexpected surprises after washing or drying. For example, if the gi fits perfectly out of the bag, wash it in cold water and hang dry and you will hardly get any shrinkage.
On the other hand, if you wash the gi in a hot wash and machine dry on the highest setting, the sleeves on the gi will shrink about 2-3 inches (estimated) and also tighten up everywhere else in the body too.
Basically, if the gi is big on you when you first wear it, you should read our fit guide for washing and care instructions.
Essentials Gi v.2
Highlights Pro IBBJF Gi
Highlights Pro Kids Edition
|Material type||Ultra Light Weight Single Weave||Light Weight Double Weave||Ultra Light Weight Single Weave|
|Suitable for judo||✔||✔||✔|
NEWLY UPDATED Sanabul Essentials Version 2 BJJ Gi (Kimono)
The Sanabul Essentials Gi is an elegantly designed gi that is both light on the wallet and on the scale, a necessity for beginners and experts alike. While a few other companies offer a similar price point, their gi's do not include some of the features that make the Sanabul Essentials Gi a great a value.
• Preshrunk fabric. (reviews of the gi shrinking after washing are referring to the previous version of the gi). We listened to customer feedback about the original material and now use a preshrunk ultra light weight pearl weave fabric (ONLY ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT GI ON THE MARKET TO HAVE PRESHRUNK MATERIAL). Please note that the material is like any other preshrunk cotton material, it will not shrink on a cold wash with hang drying but will shrink slightly in a hot wash or when machine dried.
• Ultra light weight Pearl Weave fabric perfect for a summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Even though this is a single weave bjj gi it still has the durability of a double weave kimono
• New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi still has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi
• Many of our customers practice both Brazilian jiu jitsu AND judo with this gi.
Click the ADD TO CART button above and start training with Sanabul products. Satisfaction guaranteed or you can return your unused product for a full refund! If you are unsure about which size to order please let us know about your height and weight in the customer question and answer section and we will give you our recommendation
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Upon opening the package, the first thing you'll notice is the lightness. It definitely lives up to its lightweight claim. Once you unfold it, the jacket is surprisingly good quality for the price and extremely soft. Most gis take quite a few sessions and washes to break in and feel so comfortable, but this one is great right out the package. As others have mentioned, the pants are very thin. You can see your skin color through them and your underwear/compression/jock. Keep that in mind. For me, not a big deal, don't really care.
I washed it once and the jacket appeared unchanged but the pant inseam shrank about .5-1" which made them perfect. I like my gi pants to sit above my ankle.
I rolled this morning in it and it held up well. It wasn't scratchy or rough on the skin.
If I had to give a clear negative, it is that the collar is very soft and easy to grip and hold whereas nicer gis with rubberized collars wear your opponent's grip strength out quickly.
Lastly, I weigh 220 at 5'11. A3 fits very well.
EDIT #1: I've rolled about a dozen times now in this gi. It has held up well. A few loose threads here and there but nothing destructive to the material or fatal to the structure. I'll update again should something change. So far, very satisfied and would purchase more if more color options were available.
This gi is pretty durable. I’ve put about a hundred days on the mats, rolling in this gi. I can’t comment on how light it is as it’s my first gi. My only complaint is that the legs of the pants have shrunk a little (I wash cold and air dry). Hopefully, they don’t get so short they aren’t legal.
I bought an A2 and I’m an athletic 160 at 5’9”.
So let me start off by saying I am a female 5' 11" and it is really hard for me to find a tall slim gi that fits well - I bought Sanabul gi size A1 - when I first tried it on I was so happy that the pants were just about an inch above my ankles - because all my gi pants are way too short. The jacket was a bit baggy a slightly past my wrist - I decided to wash it today with cold water l and dry on low heat - what a BIG mistake! The jacket is now one inch above my wrists and I lost about 2 inches of length from the pants. I am totally bummed out. To the credit of the sellers, they do state that if you want the gi to shrink to wash warm water and low heat dry - I thought it would shrink just a little bit, but it shrank a lot -- and once again I am stuck with gi pants that are way too short for me. Thankfully I didn't spend a whole lot on this gi. I will say for the cost it is a decent gi - it is light weight and seems to be made well and if I had not washed and dried it would have been good. Will train in it today and see how it feels. But next time I will know better - COLD wash - hang to dry!