Sanabul Essentials v.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric
- The best and only brand name gi at this price point is now better than ever.IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHECK THE NEW SIZE CHART AS WE HAVE UPDATED OUR SIZING. OUR GIS TEND TO RUN BIGGER THAN MOST BRANDS
- No more shrinking! The Essentials v.2 is the only ultra light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. You do not need to worry about the old reviews about the gi shrinking because now you can wash the gi in cold water and hang dry without the gi becoming smaller. Note that if you intentionally want the gi to shrink you can wash it in hot water and put it in the dryer. Please refer to the Sanabul Fit Guide for detailed shrinking instructions
- New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi. If you already own our original Essentials gi and are looking to buy v.2, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHICH SIZE TO ORDER PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT IN THE CUSTOMER QUESTION AND ANSWER SECTION BELOW AND WE WILL GIVE YOU OUR RECOMMENDATION
- The light weight fabric is perfect for summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Our single weave gi is more durable than other single weave kimonos. The fabric also has an Antimicrobial and Anti Odor treatment which helps to prevent the spread of bacterial and fungal infections
- We care about our customers. As of Nov 8 2015, our new Essential v.2 gi's have additional features such as preshrunk light weight fabric, stiffer rubberized collar, updated design and size chart, and compact-stitch embroidery, which consists of dense tightly knit threads. For a limited time you can get a FREE SANABUL BJJ BELT (ANY COLOR BELT!!!) with your purchase. In order to get the free belt you MUST SELECT THE BELT SIZE AND COLOR FROM THE BELT LISTING AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Life is expensive, a good gi doesn't have to be
Since we introduced the first Sanabul Essentials gi, the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gi market landscape has changed dramatically. Long gone are the days of over priced gi's that serve the basic principle of keeping you covered while you learn and practice the art of Jiu Jitsu.
Our goal was to create a brand name bjj gi that was both aesthetically appealing and durable at a price point that everyone could afford.
Focus on what's important
The most important secret to getting better at Jiu Jitsu is doing more Jiu Jitsu; Don’t worry about the gi because we took care of that part.
The contrast stitching, subtle design elements and details, athletic cut you'll never worry about how you look while wearing it.
The highly durable, reinforced ultra light weight fabric has been tested and made to withstand even the most grueling training sessions.
Did we mention we also have an antimicrobial and anti odor treatment? Yep, we do.
Even though our gi is not expensive we dare you to put to the test against gi's that are two or three times the cost. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Size matters, because we are Sanabul
We are Sanabul, a company that has no affiliation with any other brand of gi you previously owned. What does that mean? We have our own sizing for gis. For example, if you wear an A2 in another brands gi, it might not mean you are an A2 in ours.
Our gi's tend to run a little larger than some of the other brands but being the customer centric company that we are, we created a size guide that is more extensive than any other brand. Its easy to use, but if you have any questions or concerns just ask in the question & answer section.
Once you get your gi, make sure you check out our fit guide and washing instructions.
Again, if you have any questions please let us know but the most important thing is to check your recommended size by using our size guide.
You 'can' teach an old dog new tricks
We strive to continue improving our products and have made drastic improvements to the Essentials gi since its inception, the biggest of which is using Pre-Shrunk fabric in version 2.
What does 'pre-shrunk' fabric mean? It means the gi will be on its best behavior and you wont get any unexpected surprises after washing or drying. For example, if the gi fits perfectly out of the bag, wash it in cold water and hang dry and you will hardly get any shrinkage.
On the other hand, if you wash the gi in a hot wash and machine dry on the highest setting, the sleeves on the gi will shrink about 2-3 inches (estimated) and also tighten up everywhere else in the body too.
Basically, if the gi is big on you when you first wear it, you should read our fit guide for washing and care instructions.
|Essentials Gi v.2||Highlights Pro IBBJF Gi||Highlights Pro Kids Edition|
|Material type||Ultra Light Weight Single Weave||Light Weight Double Weave||Ultra Light Weight Single Weave|
|Suitable for judo||✓||✓||✓|
NEWLY UPDATED Sanabul Essentials Version 2 BJJ Gi (Kimono)
The Sanabul Essentials Gi is an elegantly designed gi that is both light on the wallet and on the scale, a necessity for beginners and experts alike. While a few other companies offer a similar price point, their gi's do not include some of the features that make the Sanabul Essentials Gi a great a value.
• Preshrunk fabric. (reviews of the gi shrinking after washing are referring to the previous version of the gi). We listened to customer feedback about the original material and now use a preshrunk ultra light weight pearl weave fabric (ONLY ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT GI ON THE MARKET TO HAVE PRESHRUNK MATERIAL). Please note that the material is like any other preshrunk cotton material, it will not shrink on a cold wash with hang drying but will shrink slightly in a hot wash or when machine dried.
• Ultra light weight Pearl Weave fabric perfect for a summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Even though this is a single weave bjj gi it still has the durability of a double weave kimono
• New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi still has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi
• Many of our customers practice both Brazilian jiu jitsu AND judo with this gi.
Click the ADD TO CART button above and start training with Sanabul products. Satisfaction guaranteed or you can return your unused product for a full refund! If you are unsure about which size to order please let us know about your height and weight in the customer question and answer section and we will give you our recommendation
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Upon opening the package, the first thing you'll notice is the lightness. It definitely lives up to its lightweight claim. Once you unfold it, the jacket is surprisingly good quality for the price and extremely soft. Most gis take quite a few sessions and washes to break in and feel so comfortable, but this one is great right out the package. As others have mentioned, the pants are very thin. You can see your skin color through them and your underwear/compression/jock. Keep that in mind. For me, not a big deal, don't really care.
I washed it once and the jacket appeared unchanged but the pant inseam shrank about .5-1" which made them perfect. I like my gi pants to sit above my ankle.
I rolled this morning in it and it held up well. It wasn't scratchy or rough on the skin.
If I had to give a clear negative, it is that the collar is very soft and easy to grip and hold whereas nicer gis with rubberized collars wear your opponent's grip strength out quickly.
Lastly, I weigh 220 at 5'11. A3 fits very well.
EDIT #1: I've rolled about a dozen times now in this gi. It has held up well. A few loose threads here and there but nothing destructive to the material or fatal to the structure. I'll update again should something change. So far, very satisfied and would purchase more if more color options were available.
I am a single stripe white belt who has been training for six months (at the time of this review), BUT, I hit the mat 4-6 days a week. With the very little experience I have I probably don't have that much credibility. Be that as it may, I don't think I need a ton of experience to recognize a great product when I see one.
I now own 3 of these same Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light gis. After buying several other "budget" gis this is my absolute go to. My other gis are Fuji standard, Gameness Air, Jiu Jitsu Athletica and Your Jiu Jitsu Gear. The Sanabul gis are hands down my favorite.
This gi has incredible quality, both in the top and the pants. The material is durable and thick, yet lightweight, with thick and wide collars/lapels. The pants have an awesomely thick drawstring (not that thin, cheap one on most gis) with six wide eyelet loops, 3 on each side, to loop the drawstrings through. I love this because I have ripped off the other eyelets on my other gis just simply tieing my gi. No problem with this gi. The front of the pants have an extra piece of material sewn in, from above the knee to below, for extra insulation as your constantly encountering friction on the mat and your opponents. The crotch section is also sewn with a separate piece of material that not only gives it a great look but also that stretch function so that you don't rip your pants at the crotch!!!
Of all the gis in my collection the Sanabuls are my favorite AND they are allot of quality for the money. My only disappointment is when I first found and purchased this Gi it was $60 here on Amazon. I think because of popularity Sanabul has raised the price to $90. They are still worth the money though.
These gis aren't a Shoyoroll, but they are worth a look.
Last, I'm 5"10, 195 lbs. I highly recommend going with A2 if you are similar in size. My first Sanabul gi was an A3 and although it fit, it was too long in the sleeves and in the pant legs and overall a little loose, allowing for my opponents to constantly lock me easily in Spider Guard, Worm Guard, Gift Wraps and sweeps that involve grabbing a pant leg.
this is now my favorite gi. Ive rolled in it 8 times since it arrived, washing and drying it each time. The fit is absolutely perfect for my build and its the lightest gi i own, making it perfect for summer rolls. I'm updating this as i'm on amazon ordering another in white.
The gi is well made, comfortable and light. I've have a few brands (Fuji, Moya, RevGear) and I can see this one fitting in quite well.
Most recent customer reviews
Well the sleeves are too long.Read more