Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 123 reviews
on June 21, 2011
I ordered a spare memory card for my camera. It was advertised as a Sandisk Ultra which is what I have now and I am please with. I want a card that is fast in read and write so my camera will take pictures faster. The card that was sent was white and clearly stated a slower (by half) write speed. If you look at the picture above, the card is black and states 15 MB/s. In the Sandisk specifications this is for both read and write. The card that was sent clearly stated 15 R MB/s and 7 W MB/s. Sorry, that's not the same card. I sent it back and Amazon was quick and responsive as usual. After a refund they recommended I order another card at the same price and a different vendor. They even covered faster shipping for me. But what came in the mail was the same inferior card from the same vendor. Back it goes and thanks for another refund, but I give up.
on May 6, 2012
For me as a hobby photographer, there isn't much to say about memory storage. I don't notice much of anything about speed, etc. I can say though that I have had no problems with this memory card since I bought it. It holds my photos just fine and works exactly as I need it to. It was a great price for a nice larger sized memory card. I took it to Hawaii and used it with my Canon Digital Rebel T1i and it worked flawlessly. No problems here and I would buy it again.
on July 28, 2009
I have recently begun a journey into the world of DSLR photography, and have decided to use 4GB memory cards (for now) because it is similar in size to a DVD in storage space for archiving, aka 2nd backup copy. Fill up this card, and it fills up a DVD (+ maybe a few more to equal 4.7GB). It saves a small step rather than trying to split an 8GB or 16GB card, plus they are much less expensive. They are so light weight, and since my camera bag has pockets for multiple cards, each one has a special pocket.

Many professionals trust the Sandisk Ultra and Extreme line of cards for their work. I used to work in a retail store, and we only got returns on them because people would buy them because someone said they were good, then returned them because an off brand went on sale the week later for less. However, these Ultra II cards are cheap enough to compete with the bargain brand and still tout the Sandisk brand name. I did experience cheaper cards that stopped working for unknown reasons, most were probably user error...

My card came in a what I will call a "mini retail package". Based on the description, I thought it would arrive in just a static bag and plastic case, but I was surprised to find it in a simplified package similar to what Costco uses for their (2)4GB Sandisk Ultra II pack. My purchase was from Blueproton which arrived in just 3 business days from ordering even though I chose the cheapest shipping method.

I wish I could run lab quality tests that show the actual transfer speed vs advertised speed, but the results would vary too much on your own personal reader and computer at home. I can say that these allow my D90 camera to run at the advertised max shooting speed of 4.5fps, which is good enough for me. I also have a Sandisk Extreme III and have yet to notice a difference besides the price.
on June 14, 2011
I bought mine from Komputerbay (fulfilled by Amazon) and it seems genuine. Google the SD card model and manufacturer and the word "counterfeit" and you will find pics of real and fake cards. I consider myself lucky that I got a real one as I did not realize the extent of fake cards that are out there. I will probably only buy SD cards directly from Amazon from now on.

I will come back and edit this review if it does fail.
on March 22, 2017
Works as it should.
on January 12, 2016
I still use this in my camera — Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Gold) — after six years and it is as fast as the day I bought it. On the camera, whether flipping through individual pictures or sorting large groups there is no lag. A USB adapter makes transferring data to other devices easy. I have never lost any data or had any problems.
on June 20, 2007
Excellent product! the other reviewer should have checked if his/her device supported this format. A product should not be given a low rating just because of the user's fault!
But indeed, check if your product supports SDHC before buying.

I'm using it in a Lumix DMC-LZ7K and so far no complaints. I really like to have so much capacity in a high speed card, so I don't have to worry about the memory card getting full so fast.
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2008
I got the card from Amazon, actually from one of the guys that sell thru Amazon. It came in time, well wrapped. I was happy!

Stuck it in my Canon camera - it worked great! A lot of room, super fast.

Stuck it in my computer's media card reader - nothing! Used my old card reader - nothing!

I guess this is the price for getting the new tech stuff - it doesn't always work with your old equipment. Oh, well... I went out to Radioshack and bought a ten bucks card reader for the new era SDHC cards. Now I am officially in and cool!

So, the bottom line is that if you want to use this card in older equpment, such as card readers, cameras and laptops - you might want to use smaller cards of the older kind.

Since I was ready to sacrifice for having a large card - five stars for the product. It does what it promises, no problems as of now.
on January 3, 2015
Holds and amazing amount of pictures. Perfect for my camera. We can take pictures and video as fast as we like, and the card keeps up.
on March 20, 2010
IT came when it was supposed to and does what it is supposed to - Amazon wants you to review things so quickly you don't really get a chance to say anything about longevity or problems. I've bought several of this particualr type and brand latey that I have been using instead of regular S.D.H.D. chips. Not any different from the regular ones except: possibly slightly faster at recording data but that is really a function of how fast your camaera writes. Picture attributes are all the same. So why get this one instead of the regular type? This was same price and I think there is a slight edge on recording time. Over 5 years of using Sandisc cards I've only has one fail (about 1 month ageo) out of 10, and that was when I had fewer so was rotating them through the camera a lot more.