Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sangean DT-400W AM/FM Digital Weather Alert Pocket Radio
|Price:||$54.48 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Digital AM/FM tuner
- 19 Random presets
- My Favorite Station select button
- Optional 90-minute auto shutoff
- Built-in speaker/clock
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Sangean
- Model Number: DT-400W
- Power Source Type: Battery
- Item Height: 4.19 inches
- Item Length: 2.5 inches
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sangean DT-400W AM/FM Digital Weather Alert Pocket Radio
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||avSoundz||C. Crane||Electronnix||avSoundz|
|Dimensions||4.19 inches x 2.5 inches x 1.18 inches||4.25 inches x 2.5 inches x 1 inches||2.75 inches x 4.5 inches x 0.75 inches||4.17 inches x 1.55 inches x 6.34 inches|
|Item Weight||0.25 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.25 pounds||2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The pocket sized Sangean DT-400W has about everything you could want from a portable radio. In addition to AM/FM bands, it also includes an NOAA Weather Alert Emergency Channel that sounds a very loud audible tone when an extreme weather condition is imminent and/or a police emergency or child abduction has occurred or any type of public awareness becomes critical. Even with your radio off or you are listening to another station the weather alert monitor continues to monitor the NOAA channels should an emergency arise.
To conserve battery life the DT-400W provides an option to select the time you would like the NOAA alert to be active and a small LED alert flashes to remind you that the alert is on. In addition to emergencies, the 7 NOAA channels provide up to date general weather information useful if you're planning a trip or just a picnic for the weekend.
The large backlit LCD display clearly displays the time, station, battery life indication, alert indication and all other pertinent information. Deep Bass Boost adds to your stereo musical listening pleasure and 19 random preset selections lets you mix AM/FM stations with immediate access through the "My Favorites" button. Other features include Lock Switch to prevent accidental set-up changes, optional 90 minute auto shutoff, built-in speaker, auto station seek and a removable belt clip.
- My Favorite Station button
- Built-in mono speaker
- Headphone jack
- Optional 90-minute auto shut off
- Removable belt clip
- Powered by 2 AA batteries (not included)
Top Customer Reviews
1) It has quite good reception on all bands (AM/FM and Weatherband). Now it also has excellent and almost completely static-free reception on all 7 US frequency channels of the standard NOAA weather-band. In addition, this radio also has the official NOAA weather alert detection capability to signal the user of impending weather disasters as well as other problematic situations such as child abductions, flash floods, earthquakes, etc. However, this NOAA alert capability is NOT the latest S.A.M.E. technology (Specific Area Message Encoding) that is available on some other table top units that can give a county by county area warning to individual users. Like its predecessor, this radio also has a monaural/stereo switch (bandwidth control) for FM listening improvement, but there is no RF (radio frequency) DX gain switch on the DT-400W as there is on the new Sony SRF-37W for example, but see Con below.
2) It has a very big and easy to read display with a battery level indicator, a lock display indicator, a 90 minute shutoff capability (that can be disabled during each listening session if needed) with an on-screen indicator, etc. It also has a clock and a backlit display, but see Con below.
3) There is a very nice arrangement (called My Favorites) for as many as 19 presets for any band in any order with simple retrieval of all presets, but only in order from the first one designated to the 19th one in a logical progression (it won't go backwards to find the previous preset for example).Read more ›
Number 1: You will NOT be able to receive FM or Weather Radio without first attaching the supplied external antenna (a piece of wire that plugs into the earphone jack) or having the earphones plugged in. If you are counting on the radio as a weather alert radio and don't have the antenna with you or forget to plug it in, you won't get the warning.
Number 2: If you have the earphones plugged in and you are listening with the speaker turned off (there's a switch on the side to change from headphone to speaker listening), you'll have an antenna but the speaker will be off and you won't hear the warning unless you are wearing the headphones.
Also, don't pack this radio away in your emergency kit with batteries installed. The radio has a clock feature which continuously uses battery power - so just when you need it, it may be DOA.
Wanting an upgrade, I bought the DT-400 on Amazon for $61 free shipping. You can choose the built-in speaker or go through the earbuds, which serve as the FM antenna. Without the earbuds or provided wire you will get zero FM reception. I replaced the stock buds with my V-MODAs and the FM was just as good.
The AM and FM of the DT0400 beat the reception of my aforementioned radios. The weather band is a plus as is the Deep Bass button. Also, with TV band obsolete in 2009, the DT-400, which replaces TV with weather, is an important update.
The sound is far better through the provided buds or my upgraded V-MODAs and I recommend using them over the built-in speaker.
Final verdict: Highly recommended.
First off... I have both in my possession as we speak. So I am a reliable source for what I am about to share.
Now I have owned the DT-210V for at least four years. I have loved this radio! Reception, sound, performance... is second to none in pocket size radios. I have purchased at least 4 of these over that span of time... telling friends of this great gem and they have loved it as I have! The earlier purchases came with a great set of ear plugs that rival named brands at $30 to $50 a hit. More recently, Sangean no longer ships these earplugs but a lesser quality replacement with purchase of the DT-210V (similar to one in picture above). That's a shame... but I have kept my originals and still use them regularly.
Ok... just recently, I purchased the DT-400W... and hear is what I can tell you definitively for comparison of each model:
1) Reception: No difference. Don't get caught up in the lame claims that AM is better or worse for either model. There is no difference for either AM or FM reception. The KEY is the sound that fills the ears... and the more "tinny" it sounds... the more pronounced the hiss or static becomes (i.e. I took note of a claim that the DT-210V was superior in AM reception over DT-400W by a post from Amazon). Which brings me to my next very important point.
2) Quality of sound: Hands down, slam dunk... the DT-210V wins by a mile. I Could not believe the difference in overall quality of sound. I have always been impressed with the DT-210V's ability to sound like a concert hall in my ears... coming from a such a small device. Now...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is perfect pocket radio. Small, good reception, nice color, and good sound.Published 3 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Best FM/AM radio with a station lock (won't change stations when in your pocket). Used for walking everyday.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
works fine so far,I keep it at work now and then.has pretty good range both day and nightPublished 9 days ago by Arthur A Noyes
on the expensive side, however i forgot the price when i saw how great a product it is. totally satisfied, GREAT reception, EXCELLENT battery lifePublished 11 days ago by chris kennedy
I purchased this radio April 8th 2016 for my bug out bag. As soon I received this radio I installed new batteries, set the clock and setup a few favorite stations and use this... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bushcrafter Wayne