Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 184 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 201 reviews
on July 29, 2011
This is my fourth Sangean radio, and it is a perfect work radio because of the sound quality at this size. I had the Sony ICF S10-MK2, but broke it when I was taking it apart to assess the possibility of upgrading the speaker. I purchased the Sony because the sound was not quite loud enough on my Sangean DT400W radio.

For a pocket radio, the sound quality is excellent, and the volume is loud enough if within ten feet or so. Reception is not an issue for the stations I most commonly listen to, but I did notice that it does not pick up two stations that I get on my Sangean PRD7 (which is my favorite radio, but is too nice to be on a jobsite).

Another advantage it has over the Sony is the antenna. The Sony's only swings in one direction and could easily break off. The Sangean has a bi-directional pivot and is much more securely attached.

The Sony was not bad for $10, but the sound was only okay and distorted easily when increasing volume. The Sangean is easily worth the extra money due to better, louder sound and overall better design/build.
on March 7, 2017
I am not a radio enthusiast, however I know what I like, and LIKE this little radio! It seems to pull in more stations than any other radio I've had. It's got a front and rear speaker, good sensitivity, looks nice, seems sturdy, you can stand it up (if you need it to), and it locks in stations very well (little to no drift). I will enjoy using it this summer to listen to the Cleveland Indians games, working out in the yard, and walking my dogs. Glad on bought it!
on June 8, 2016
HAS POOR SELECTIVITY AND SENSITIVITY BUT HAS GOOD SOUND

I just purchased the Sangean SR-35 after reading the good review here and also written by radiojayallen who compared this radio to his Sony ICF-P26. The Sangean SR-35 definitely has more bass and is much louder but the FM cross over bleed distortion was extremely bad and the AM receiver sensitivity was also very poor.

Conclusion: Since most of these small pocket radios are being manufactured under poor quality control conditions today each radio that you get may perform much differently. Its basically a hit or miss situation. You may get a good one or you may get a bad one.
on April 6, 2017
Fairly good for the price, I wished it pulled in distant AM stations a little better. I get a hum on distant stations unless I move the radio to different positions. Otherwise the sound and basic features a good for the price.
on January 21, 2017
This radio has excellent sound and volume, especially for a radio this size. The batteries last very long.

Bought it primarily for AM talk radio. My smart phone has the radio listening function, but it only picks up FM, no AM.
on December 25, 2014
I bought this for my radio-crazy two year old. He's crazy about it. At first, I wasn't to happy to see a telescopic antenna but he loves extending it and lowering it. It tunes in radio stations really well and after hearing it play all day long, I know it has excellent battery life. It seems pretty sturdy but I did put some duct tape over the battery compartment to keep my little genius from digging out the batteries. Nice radio. Great Sangean quality!
on April 11, 2014
I bought this low cost radio for my walks with my cat on a leash. I bring a three leg folding chair for her stops and a radio for talk shows with a book. My old radio had a clip and it would fall all the time. So I order the big FlexARMOR GPS case and now I can buy many pocket radios. May-be my ear-phone jacks will last longer if they stay put. The SR-35 has a touchy tuner as the tuner is both close to the control and very sensitive to the persons capacitive touch, but I can figure it out. I am not going to DX a AM-radio here. But I will add that you can not have both sensitivity and selectiveness at the same time in a tuner. With a gain of sensitivity there is a natural loss of selectiveness and the same the other way. Sorry folks that's just the way it is. If you want both you need two tuners and switch between them. That's just the way it works.
Wow! fastest shipping I have ever seen.
on October 17, 2011
I really wanted to like this radio, from reviews I read and the higher price it promised to be a step above my Sony pocket
radio. On the positive side it does have a pretty decent sounding speaker as other reviews have stated, but the tuner is where I have a problem - the tuner is strong as far as pulling in stations, but selectivity is so bad there are many stations I normally get on my Sony that I cant cleanly tune in with the Sangean because so many of the stations blend together and cant be singled out, so I can only pull in the strongest nearby stations and everything else is virtually untunable. Whats worse is I paid twice as much for this radio as my Sony that has much better selectivity. I suspect this may have something to do with how the internal adjustments were set up during the assembly process. Im sorry to say this radio is way over priced, maybe I just got a bad one but still pretty disgusted for what it cost. I think the potential is here for a great little radio, but in my case at least it was a real letdown after seeing the reviews.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2017
I pick up a new pocket radio every year, so this was my choice for this year. Generally, it performs well and is rather sensitive for it's size. I've had good luck with battery life but then I expected that to be the case since this is an analog vs. digital radio.
on August 17, 2017
I give it a three because the power light did not work. But no big deal I still kept it did not return it. Overall the radio performed well and the sound was impressive for a pocket radio. I recommend this radio . Good emergency radio also.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse