Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT Dehumidifier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dehumidifies large basements and crawl spaces
- Extracts 155 pints of moisture per day under normal conditions -- 310 pints per day at saturation
- Dual-air distribution with low-temperature operation
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT dehumidifier is the ideal solution for excess moisture in a large crawl space or basement. Under standard rating conditions, this dehumidifier extracts 155 pints of moisture per day, and its removal capacity doubles to 310 pints at total saturation. Dual-air distribution, low temperature operation, and MERV 6 filtration ensure top-notch and reliable operation. Free Digital Humidity Gauge with Purchase.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Like many reviews you'll find on these units (5 Stars for):
1) very well built (quality boxes, heavily constructed, and appears very solid)
2) IMPRESSIVE amount of condensation pulled out of the air. We purchased our Dual XT to dehumidify a 2700 sqft basement and for the first 18 months or so, especially when new, WOW did it dry things out. Within about 3-4 days of running it took RH from 69% to approximately 55% in a very large, and damp, space - the amount of water coming from the condensate line was amazing. I use to just sit and watch it for a few moments memorized by what this machine could do, and it turned our basement into a very comfortable living space from what it was - damp, dank, smelly.
3) quiet operation and very nice looking well designed box
4) the amount of energy used (verified on my amp clamp) is less than what the manufacturer claims (about 7.5 amps vs. 8). Take a look at what some of the big-box stores sell and the amount of water removed vs. the amount of energy used. It doesn't come ANYWHERE close to what this thing can do.
So that's all good.
So here's some bad. For about the next 12 months or so I noticed the machine was able to maintain the RH where we wanted (around 50 - 55% or lower) but it had to run more often and longer. Honestly I didn't think much of it because there are a lot of reasons RH can be higher or take longer to control plus generally the energy usage stayed consistent as mentioned about. But then most recently, about 22 months of use, the dehumidification really started to decrease and it just plain stopped pulling condensation out of the air pretty much altogether and ran constantly. So likely a refrigerant leak, because everything else seemed to work fine. Which is a major problem in a sealed / loop a/c design system because they are essentially non-serviceable without replacing a lot parts.
SO here's some more good (and why 4 Stars and not 1 Star - even though a $2200 unit failed in under 2 years). The customer service at Therma-Stor is also VERY impressive. I spoke with a technical rep, described in detail what was going on and how I had troubleshoot the issue, and within about 30 seconds of verifying my purchase and serial number he agreed to send me A COMPLETELY NEW UNIT free of charge under warranty 'no questions asked'. And to top it off because our original unit had failed under the two-year "bumper to bumper" warranty (two years everything is covered and 5 years for sealed systems parts) they restart the warranty completely anew when the new unit is installed, as if we had just purchased it.
Yes, the unit failed in under two years, and yes it is expensive, and yes there are some hassles associated with lugging a 140lbs white box around (well not really but maybe for some), BUT in today's day and age of companies not backing their products and or flat out lying how warranties are applied, it is nice to see a Made In America company truly standing behind its stuff, such as in this case.
So for those out there like myself who really struggle over big-ticket purchases such as these take this review for what it's worth. I would buy it again - guess we'll see how I feel about that in the next two years.
It is a royal you know what to get these size/weight units in and out of a crawl space.
Not at all happy with longevity after paying full freight for the 1st unit and hope the 2nd one does much, much better.
I do give the company credit for standing behind their product (5 stars in that area), but they must do a better job at quality control.