Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 20, 2016
I love Santana, and this CD is among my favorites. The collaborations are amazing, and I am a person who needs a physical CD. This one's awesome.
Top Contributor: Petson November 10, 2017
Brand new and undamaged. It was a gift. He loved it.
on October 23, 2002
...I have been a fan of Carlos Santana since my teens over 30 years ago. I have nearly every recording he has released in that time and if I were forced to pick one as the best today it would be "Shaman." I realize this is an initial impression since I have so far heard the CD only one time through, but during that listen I experienced every emotional response that I yearn for when I put on a Santana CD. Carlos and his incredible guitar talents have always been able to make my toes curl, my knees feel weak, and bring tears to my eyes. More than one track on this CD has done all three of those for me.
Like "Supernatural" before it, "Shaman" is much more than a Santana CD. There are actually only 4 tracks that are pure Santana songs, the other 12 tracks are collaborations with an impressive array of talented musicians. It is too early to pick a favorite of those but the hard rock track "America," with a band I've never heard of before, P.O.D., had me banging my head like I was 20 years younger, and the final track with opera star (opera?!?) Placido Domingo left me with tears in my eyes.
...As with Supernatural, this CD should "connect the molecules to the light" to quote Carlos, meaning; share with as many people as possible the positive message of peace, compassion and love that is inherit in all Santana music. I am only speaking for myself here, but I think the world today needs to hear that message, and if you choose to get it from this or any other Santana CD, you get the added bonus of being able to dance your buns off to some great music!
on September 22, 2017
I just love all Santana does!
on December 10, 2002
Am I the only Santana fan with teenage children?
Do you remember how you and your teenage child sat down and listened to Supernatural together? Your child explained to you who these younger performers were and you told your child about what you were doing and how it felt when you first listened to Abraxas. Ok, well maybe you didn't go into a lot of detail about that night. But you and your teenager sat together and listened to Carlos Santana and you both found reasons to love the music. And you spent some serious time together. Carlos Santana opened a door for you.
Listen to what Santana has to say these days. He is dedicated to opening doors. With Shaman he's doing what is important to him. Check out Milagro ("Miracle") it's a charitable foundation he and his wife set up to help children.
Santana wants to make great music that both you and your teenager will talk about, hopefully together. I think he's doing something here that no one else ever has.
If you agree with me, get a copy of Shaman and spend some time with your teenager.
If you disagree with me, throw Caravanserai in the player.
Either way enjoy the gift that Carlos Santana has been blessed with and that he shares with you today.
on July 7, 2015
I know this is not a new album and honestly I can take Santana or leave him. But recently it's been played as background at gatherings and the music is great. I had only heard snippets (radio play) since it came out. But who knew that there was a plethora of non mainstream good stuff on here. Carlos' fantastic guitar playing aside, I'd recommend this for it's diversity.
on October 21, 2017
Great, my wife loved it!
on August 14, 2008
This is an excellent DVD audio - the surround sound is just fantastic and the music is just great - a real pleasure to listen to. I have played this DVD audio over and over again since the moment I got it almost a month ago. Recommended! PS - everyone compares it to Supernatural. I have that too on DVD audio but find it a bit more boring than Shaman! Shaman has a wide variety styles that I find very attractive. I am an old Santana fan too - have been listening to his albums for about 25 years now - and I can tell you older albums can be less interesting than Shaman, which, by comparison, I find very fresh and innovative.
on August 7, 2016
My favorite CD. Amazing musicianship. Track 14 is the best.
on January 10, 2017