Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sanuk Women's Dotty Slip-On
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on May 25, 2013
I just discovered Sanuks, and these are the first pair I decided to give a try. I ordered the blue-ish color...which is practical and pretty. I can imagine wearing these with jeans and shorts and perhaps a super casual skirt. That said, I'm still deciding whether to keep the pair I just received because I need a half size, especially in these shoes. (Sanuk, are you listening to all the folks who write this?) Despite the indecision, I'm want to tell others out there reading this comment that I felt compelled to write based on the time I spent walking around inside my house yesterday with the Sanuk Dotties on, and some of the reviews here that almost stopped me from giving them a whirl. I found them to utterly lack arch support (but somehow that didn't seem to matter, and I usually wear orthopedic inserts, even in many sandals (I have a trick for that if you are interested). They have a comfortable bed and sole; and look cute (can look "dressed" without looking fussy, and I love the faded look.), and size appropriate (one reviewer wrote that these looked like clown shoes...I know everyone has their own experience and story, but I cannot imagine how anyone could think that unless they bought them five sizes too large :-) Finally, I found the material to be soft and supple but substantial enough to not look sloppy. I was on the fence, but I'm glad I decided to get them. I have ordered the next size up and may need to exchange for the larger size. For all you folks who, like me, wear a half size, and especially have wide feet, I'll report back about whether sizing up worked for me. Another reviewer recommended sizing down for half-sizers, but she probably did not have wide feet. My toes are literally touching the front of the shoe. Darn these are cute.
44 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
First, let me say that I am an AWFUL picky shoe person. I can't stand if a shoe has a bump inside that feels funny, I can't stand if they cut in in certain places or if my toes are scrunched. I can't wear flip flops because I just can't tolerate anything between my toes. And I buy shoes frequently that I think are going to be fine, but after wearing a little while, they just aren't quite right.

Since I am an 8 1/2, I didn't know whether to order down or up. I read so many reviews saying to order down, but then the majority of people rated it as "fit as expected"...AND since I was torn between the blue or the tan dotty - I ordered the blue in a size 9 and the tan in a size 8. I wore them inside my house for two days...switching between them. And honestly, I even flip flopped between which one felt better. The 8 felt snug, and it definitely stretched to my foot a little as I wore it...and the 9 was definitely looser "sloppier" I guess. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought that for a summer flip flop type shoe - I actually preferred looser and sloppier. They feel like slippers - whereas the 8's felt snug on my feet - not quite as casual and kind of like sneakers you could tie up snug - not uncomfortable but definitely more form fitted to my foot. Even the look of the looser size feels more casual. They don't slip off my heels - they're not "that" big - but they are definitely not snug. Since deciding on the 9's, I have worn them to take my dogs for 2 mile walks - in addition to wearing around the house and out in the yard - and they are very comfortable.

So for me, the larger size is the way to go for a casual easy-going style, but if you're looking for something that feels more snug on your foot, you'd probably be fine sizing down if you're a half size.
on March 27, 2013
I love these shoes just like I do the other 9 pair of Sanuk shoes I own. I've been waiting for them to make a pink shoe & was so excited when I found these. Give me more selections in pink!! Sanuk shoes wash well & are very comfortable. If you don't own a pair, you should.
on June 17, 2014
Just a short review...

My daughter normally wears an 8 to a 9 in most shoes; however in this shoe, size 7 fit her best. She also has a problem with finding shoes that accommodate her bunions. These fit very well for her. Her only complaint about the shoe was that the color was not as pictured, not even close. These are not green at all, but more like a "faded jeans" blue. Other than that, she says that they are very comfortable and will work great for her. She said she would have given 5 stars if the color had been as pictured.

- Shoe runs large
- Not a green color, faded jeans color
- Fit well with bunions
on August 9, 2015
I sincerely wish I could give these more than five stars. I was always a Converse girl. My Chucks and I were inseparable. As an adult, I wanted to find footwear that was just as comfortable, but a little more mature looking. So I tried Sanuks. First, I bought the June Bugs and absolutely loved them. Then I bought a pair of the Shortys, and they were great. Now, I decided to try the Dottys. They fit just as perfectly as the other two pairs, and they are adorable - c'mon, they have polka dots! I feared the polka dots would make them look a little too "young," but they don't. They are noticeable, but not boldly so. Just cute enough. Sanuks have become my new Converse, basically the only shoes I wear anymore. The poor Chucks now live in the back of my closet, barely seeing the light of day. I still love them, but nothing compares to Sanuks. Nothing.
on February 23, 2013
Super comfy, can't wait to wear them with shorts. Very cute, very stylish. The colors are faded which gives them the worn look with out being used.
on April 23, 2013
The color is not as green as the website shows, but I still like them. They're more gray in color. They are very comfortable. The yoga mat sole is comfy on the feet. I wear a 9 and the shoes seem true to size. I like them a lot.
on May 9, 2013
These shoes are so cute and super comfy! The color is not as greenish as the photo - they are more like grayish-blue with cream polka dots. Perfect with jeans!
on December 19, 2013
Fantastic, cute, super comfy shoes. They aren't waterproof or very warm but are great casual shoes for running around or summer time. They are just a hair smaller than some but not enough to matter, at least for me. They feel great on the feet and I've ordered several more sanuks because I like them so much
on April 23, 2015
Sanuks are just plain comfortable and this one is no exception. I ordered the Dotty Slip-On in pink and in blue. The comfort and fit did not disappoint. I had already tried on a pair at a Sanuk store to get an accurate idea of my sizing for the slip-on and in their regular line of sandals. I normally wear a size 7.5 and for these I had to size down to a 7, and in their line of sandals, I had to size up to an 8. I normally wear high heels, leaving my feet to ache for days on end, but these....these just feel so amazing. These are now my go-tos when I plan on adding a lot of foot mileage to my day. The only downfall about these slip-ons (as is any flats) is the fact that my feet can get a little moist since I do not wear them with socks. When I feel moisture building, I just simply air out for a couple of minutes, and then I'm good to go again.

See 1 answered question