Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2014
As many other reviewers have stated, the sizes on these are a little small. However, I put a little too much faith in a quite high number of reviewers (over 2/3) that recorded a fit "as expected" and ordered my usual size. The sole length is perfectly fine, however, the design of the heel (to keep it in place, I assume) pushes the foot forward such that the toes are compressed against the front of the shoe. Additionally, there's a lot of firm, reinforced stitches and hems along these stress lines that suggest it won't stretch out much.

The sides at the widest part of the foot are a touch snug as well, but that's a minor quibble (my foot tends between a M and W anyway) and the material cut in this area seems like it will stretch to fit.

Heed the warnings, and order one size larger! Other than that, a great and comfy casual sandal. Very light and airy.
2 helpful votes
on August 6, 2016
If you have worn these shoes, than no one needs to tell you have comfortable they are. I have had two pairs of these since 2010 and wear them daily. My only recommendation to newbies would be to check your arch (there's a trick with wet feet and printer paper that is google-able), and adjust accordingly. It is a flat soled shoe, and if you ease into it, can help strengthen your arches. Personally, I use it as a recovery shoe after runs, hikes, etc. The downside is that if your arches aren't "toughened up" enough yet, you could easily injure the arch of your foot by wearing them too much. They are comfortable enough that I did this a few times in the early days.

Anyway, yeah this product line is awesome. Cheers
on May 10, 2014
I don't do flip flops, sandals, etc. - feet are gross, I don't want to see that.
I do, however, like the idea of just slipping something on and going about.
These are awesome in that regard.

Pros
comfortable, wide, look great
good for those who can't play drums in regular shoes
Cons
no vent holes, so they might get to stinkin' - I don't know yet, I haven't had them long enough
arch support is dependent upon that of which you stand, but that is to be expected with this kind of shoe

Amazon, as in Amazon themselves and not an Amazon vendor or whatever, had the best prices.

Originally, I ordered the Brown Vagabond style in a size 13.
The shoes I wear most are Nike Pegasus 28s in a 12.5 wide.
It seemed everyone in the reviews said to order up, so I did.
Nope - too big.
I sent them back, which was super easy and free.
You needn't even talk to anyone - you can do everything yourself.

I got the Olive Hemp style ones in a size 12 since Amazon didn't have size 12 Brown Vagabonds in stock.
Better, but too green, so they went back as well.

After waiting a bit more for the Brown Vagabonds to be back in stock, and them not being in stock,
I went ahead and got these Kyoto Loafers.
I got one pair in Brown and one in Black.
All three styles I've tried felt a little different, with these being the most befitting for me.
Maybe it's a consistency thing, or maybe they're all different. Who knows?

Anyway, I really dig 'em.
on March 19, 2015
Loved the shoe when I first got it. Very comfortable. Obtained the shoe to slip on to walk the dog grab the paper or just wear around the house. Very comfortable. Wore them to work and had no issues was a comfortable fit all day and I am on my feet much of the day. There is one very very dangerous aspect of this shoe. Went out the other day to grab the paper walked back inside stepped one foot into my kitchen and because the bottoms were slightly damp one foot slipped like I had stepped on a solid sheet of ice and the other foot stayed put as it was still on the carpet. Long story short the event caused a great deal of injury to my left knee. Not sure how bad yet but will find out at the orthopedic doctor. Just a word of warning the shoes are extremely slippery when they are even slightly damp. Will still wear them but will never ever step one foot onto a vinyl floor if they are even slightly damp.
on October 17, 2013
I buy a few pairs of these every year for my husband; he loves these sandals! He said they are the comfiest shoes (which sometimes means he wears them doing home repairs, much to my dismay since they are NOT cheap despite the fact that they clearly don't cost a lot to make). He is a size 10 1/2 and so I always order an 11. His dive buddy wears a size 10, though, and apparently my husband was able to fit comfortably in those shoes on a dive trip once...So I supposed you COULD go the size down if you're a half size.

Because they are essentially an enclosed flip-flop, they can get dirty and stinky, but I wash them when that happens (just in the sink with Eucalan, then air dry). He probably has about 10 pairs of these at this point, and despite some of them being VERY worn down, I haven't had to throw any out yet.

My only real gripe is the price, but it's one of those things that when you find something your husband likes, you buy it even if it is pricey. :)
on April 21, 2012
My Wife and I were on vacation in the Florida Key and I seen the cool looking shoe, I'm not a flip flop guy, always been a regular sneeker person, I tried it on and wrote the name down, came home did a bit of price shopping and as always Amazon has the best deal. Great everyday shoe, I work in the medical field and I was a crocks fan, but no more this shoe looks and feels great.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on January 12, 2016
These are probably the most comfortable loafers on the market. The foot bed is comfortable and is treated with an anti-bacterial coating. Anyone that wears footwear with no socks can attest to the importance of the anti-bacterial coating. They look great with shorts and even go well with jeans. I thought the size was pretty accurate. Obviously these don't offer any arch support but that is expected with loafers. If you are looking for a comfortable loafer that you can wear all day, give these a try!
on October 5, 2014
After years of ordering Sanuk sandals in the same size, I was shocked to find my latest two pairs to be uncomfortably tight. Since Sanuk does not do 1/2 sizes, I always order size 9M (my regular shoe size is eight and a half). Putting on my new Sanuk's was unusually difficult (they usually just slip right on). Once my feet were inside, I felt like they were being compressed by the sandals. I could understand if only one pair were that way; but I ordered two pair in two different colors. Both pair are just as tight. Hopefully they will stretch over time, as I do not want to risk returning them for size 10's and finding myself surfing inside of the replacements.
on September 4, 2013
I can't wear "conventional" sandals. My feet are too flat, too narrow, and I hate anything crammed between my toes (think thong style sandals). This is the only sandal that has ever fit me right out of the box (off the hangar?!) and has all-day-long comfort. My feet also tend to run hot, so unless I'm wearing socks I usually sweat in any loafer or low-profile tennis shoe. But not in these! I can go barefoot and be cool and comfortable all day. I've purchased 4 pairs now, and I know I'll be buying more. Since all my pairs are relatively new, the only thing I can't comment on is how long they'll last. I've seen other negative comments on longevity. I'll have to update all you good folks on that attribute after I road test these babies a bit. Oh, did I mention they outclass everything in this category in the looks department? ;-)
on April 15, 2014
I have only had these for a couple weeks, but I've tested them thoroughly. When they arrived I slipped them on my feet and they felt like a cloud! The thing that prompted me to buy these now is the Coachella 3 day music festival. That place is absolute murder on one's feet, but this time my feet felt the best they've felt in 5 years I've gone. I switched between socks and no socks, but my feet felt pretty darn good the whole time.

I should also add that my feet are very wide, flip-flops just have never worked for me, so I am super excited about these. I see these being my shoes the entire summer, and hopefully I can find a second pair that I can get away with wearing at the office.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.