Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 19, 2016
I'm loving these. They look great (in a casual way) and of course the best part is comfort. I found them surprisingly light. The sole is more substantial than I expected. And I was prepared for a total absence of arch support, BUT, to my pleasant surprise I found that the cushiony insole does form to the foot enough to provide some meaningful arch support.

I've had them on several times now, and the last time the thought flashed, "My feet feel better in these than wearing nothing at all". My only negative . . . they seem just a bit tight. The length seems more than adequate (true to size) so the sensation must be from the width being a bit narrow for me (my foot is slightly wide). Only the "D" Medium width is available, so I'll be glad to keep them and just let them break in. I'm confident they'll break in easily and I'll end up with the ultimate comfort shoe (and with a pretty cool look).

By the way, I selected the black. Great choice.

UPDATE after wearing a month or so: Forget what I said about being too narrow. These things break in easily and quickly. Wearing them is an absolutely perfect comfort shoe experience. My wife just received a new pair yesterday and made the comment, "They feel good but may be a bit narrow". I told her to go ahead and wear 'em in in a couple of days it would no longer be an issue . . . . . . which is what reminded me to add this update about the width thing.
11 people found this helpful
on June 7, 2014
My husband is really picky about the shoes - he chooses only the most comfortable- and even like this- Sanuk met his expectations.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
75 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2017
These things so dank! Not the dark and damp cellar kind of dank, more like the kind of dank you feel when you find that beachside taco stand that wraps burritos in a quesadilla and still put cheese on top. I think if you're seriously considering these Chiba's, you'll completely understand what I'm saying! If you need to read more, I offer the rest of my review:

These are great "shoes" (or whatever you wanna consider them). The bottoms feel like flip-flops, and the top cloth section is soft and pliable, with a well-broken in feel. RIght out of the box these things are probably going to be the most comfortable shoes you've ever put on your feet.

They also look great too! I seriously wore them to a fancy wedding the week I got them and nobody even called me out (except my wife) for not wearing dress shoes. It was sooooo dank :-) Joke's on everyone else, I was chillin' and they were clompling around like horses all night.

Pro-Tip: the "black" color is not pure black, but rather a dark gray, which is EXACTLY what I wanted them to be! I went on a hunch that they'd be a dark gray and they were. If they were pure black they'd probably look funny.

Pro-Tip #2: you can sneak around like a ninja with these on too, they are silent walkers. Every once in a while you'll get a little squeak-fart out of them, but it's rare (and funny!). This makes avoiding conversations to snag more beers than people think you've had, then skulking off to the backyard much easier at lame parties. Real talk.

I wish I had another star available so I could give them 6-stars. Yeah, they're THAT good
10 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2017
First impression; they felt very cheap. I felt the slippery bottom like a cheap foam sandal, and the look was less than impressive... but then I put them on. My opinion changed immensely. These things are comfortable. Some people complain about no arch support... Sandals don't have arch support, so that's irrelevant. I wear standard leather thong sandals, and these are a compliment to those. They are comfortable, I can walk, drive, run, relax in them. The look has grown on me, and they don't feel cheap when I walk in comfort. They are definitely more comfortable to walk about in, than thong sandals, and much less heavy than leather thong sandals.

I do have two complaints: 1. The imprint of the logo/brand, is on the heel. For people with sensitive feet like me, I feel that; so sometimes it feels like something is in my shoe, when it's the logo/brand. I think the brand/logo should be elsewhere, like the bottom of the shoe, not on the heel where I put my foot... 2. There is a fuzzy material on the inside, this does not allow a lot of breathing when not outside. So when I wear them to the office, my feet are hot and sweaty, often. With a rubber based floppy bottom, this can make squishy noises when moving.

I wear size 14, because I am taller than most people, the size 14 fits exact. It's comfortable, room for toes and barely notice I am wearing shoes at times.
2 people found this helpful
on August 14, 2016
I am a size 10 US, sometimes a size 10 1/2 US for shoes. I never have to buy 11, except for when I buy Sanuks. Make sure to size up if you *ever* have to buy half sizes.

Otherwise, Sanuks are my favorite shoe. I love the almost minimal, no-support shoes. I find my feet, arches, and ankles have grown stronger by going away from the too-much-cushion lots-of-arch-support cross trainers and tennis shoes I used to wear.

I was disappointed that they discontinued the stone Kyotos. The closest I could find are these Chibas. I was pleasantly surprised, I like the style of these even better than my old Kyotos.
4 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2017
An odd design choice to have the Sanuk logo embossed on the inside of the shoe, where your heel goes. Constantly feels like there is sand in my shoes. I may use some sand paper to sand down the logo so I don't feel it.

Very surprising that the sizing suggestions do not reflect the fact that Sanuks always run small. You should always order a full size up. Example: I wear a 9.5 shoe typically but need to wear size 11 Sanuks.

I don't find the Chibas to be as comfortable as the Vagabond style due to the rolled heel; I fear I'll get blisters until they are broken in. But the Chibas look better than the Vagabonds, IMO.

But they are Sanuks so they get 4 stars by default due to comfort and their laid-back style.
2 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2017
These LOOK great but they were much too small. I wear an 11 men's (US) in just about everything but I do enjoy the comfort of a wider toe box. I'm not sure if I have wide feet or not but I don't buy wide sizes. Got a size 11 here for the olive color and they fit very snuggly. The big toe was compressed (shoe length) and the shoe itself wrapped my foot firmly (width). They were comfortable but there was no room to breathe. Felt they would give me sweaty feet if I wore them for more than 10 minutes. They felt mostly like a water mocassin you'd wear at the beach, pool, lake, etc. They did not feel like a "shoe" or slippers even. I just returned them and am now ordering the size 12. Hopefully that will make the difference because they are really very nice looking shoes. If so, I'll try to remember to post an update.

UPDATE:

I ordered the size 12 and they fit much better despite the fact that they are a bit long. The amount of room inside is great. It took a little getting used to the longer sole the first day but I'm glad to have the room compared to the tight size 11s. I will keep the 12s. These shoes look great!
One person found this helpful
on May 28, 2017
Was scared at first I wear a size 13 show so I ordered size 13 and when I first put them on they were really tight but they broke in now and fit perfect . I have wide feet too and they couldn't fit any better. Great shoes. I slip them on with no socks when I'm running a quick errand .
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 5, 2017
I have a very skinny foot...9.5R so I bought 10. Very tight on top of my foot so I had to cut the elastic a little bit...now they are great. They would make the top of my foot hurt from the elastic digging into my skin. If you have a fat foot, expect to cut the elastic on top all the way through. Oh...and only expect to wear them for no more than two-three hours....your dogs will be barking from the lack of support. Still, they are lounge.....
One person found this helpful
on July 30, 2016
The most comfortable shoes I have ever had, love them, will definitely get another pair.
review image
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.