Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 19, 2016
I'm loving these. They look great (in a casual way) and of course the best part is comfort. I found them surprisingly light. The sole is more substantial than I expected. And I was prepared for a total absence of arch support, BUT, to my pleasant surprise I found that the cushiony insole does form to the foot enough to provide some meaningful arch support.

I've had them on several times now, and the last time the thought flashed, "My feet feel better in these than wearing nothing at all". My only negative . . . they seem just a bit tight. The length seems more than adequate (true to size) so the sensation must be from the width being a bit narrow for me (my foot is slightly wide). Only the "D" Medium width is available, so I'll be glad to keep them and just let them break in. I'm confident they'll break in easily and I'll end up with the ultimate comfort shoe (and with a pretty cool look).

By the way, I selected the black. Great choice.

UPDATE after wearing a month or so: Forget what I said about being too narrow. These things break in easily and quickly. Wearing them is an absolutely perfect comfort shoe experience. My wife just received a new pair yesterday and made the comment, "They feel good but may be a bit narrow". I told her to go ahead and wear 'em in in a couple of days it would no longer be an issue . . . . . . which is what reminded me to add this update about the width thing.
on January 31, 2017
These things so dank! Not the dark and damp cellar kind of dank, more like the kind of dank you feel when you find that beachside taco stand that wraps burritos in a quesadilla and still put cheese on top. I think if you're seriously considering these Chiba's, you'll completely understand what I'm saying! If you need to read more, I offer the rest of my review:

These are great "shoes" (or whatever you wanna consider them). The bottoms feel like flip-flops, and the top cloth section is soft and pliable, with a well-broken in feel. RIght out of the box these things are probably going to be the most comfortable shoes you've ever put on your feet.

They also look great too! I seriously wore them to a fancy wedding the week I got them and nobody even called me out (except my wife) for not wearing dress shoes. It was sooooo dank :-) Joke's on everyone else, I was chillin' and they were clompling around like horses all night.

Pro-Tip: the "black" color is not pure black, but rather a dark gray, which is EXACTLY what I wanted them to be! I went on a hunch that they'd be a dark gray and they were. If they were pure black they'd probably look funny.

Pro-Tip #2: you can sneak around like a ninja with these on too, they are silent walkers. Every once in a while you'll get a little squeak-fart out of them, but it's rare (and funny!). This makes avoiding conversations to snag more beers than people think you've had, then skulking off to the backyard much easier at lame parties. Real talk.

I wish I had another star available so I could give them 6-stars. Yeah, they're THAT good
on April 3, 2017
First impression; they felt very cheap. I felt the slippery bottom like a cheap foam sandal, and the look was less than impressive... but then I put them on. My opinion changed immensely. These things are comfortable. Some people complain about no arch support... Sandals don't have arch support, so that's irrelevant. I wear standard leather thong sandals, and these are a compliment to those. They are comfortable, I can walk, drive, run, relax in them. The look has grown on me, and they don't feel cheap when I walk in comfort. They are definitely more comfortable to walk about in, than thong sandals, and much less heavy than leather thong sandals.

I do have two complaints: 1. The imprint of the logo/brand, is on the heel. For people with sensitive feet like me, I feel that; so sometimes it feels like something is in my shoe, when it's the logo/brand. I think the brand/logo should be elsewhere, like the bottom of the shoe, not on the heel where I put my foot... 2. There is a fuzzy material on the inside, this does not allow a lot of breathing when not outside. So when I wear them to the office, my feet are hot and sweaty, often. With a rubber based floppy bottom, this can make squishy noises when moving.

I wear size 14, because I am taller than most people, the size 14 fits exact. It's comfortable, room for toes and barely notice I am wearing shoes at times.
on August 14, 2016
I am a size 10 US, sometimes a size 10 1/2 US for shoes. I never have to buy 11, except for when I buy Sanuks. Make sure to size up if you *ever* have to buy half sizes.

Otherwise, Sanuks are my favorite shoe. I love the almost minimal, no-support shoes. I find my feet, arches, and ankles have grown stronger by going away from the too-much-cushion lots-of-arch-support cross trainers and tennis shoes I used to wear.

I was disappointed that they discontinued the stone Kyotos. The closest I could find are these Chibas. I was pleasantly surprised, I like the style of these even better than my old Kyotos.
on May 28, 2017
Was scared at first I wear a size 13 show so I ordered size 13 and when I first put them on they were really tight but they broke in now and fit perfect . I have wide feet too and they couldn't fit any better. Great shoes. I slip them on with no socks when I'm running a quick errand .
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 24, 2017
Nice comfy shoe. A little pricey for what it is--like slippers with a foam sole. Otherwise, nice beatnik styling and it is comfy. The enlarged sole takes some getting used to--the front lip tends to catch on the ground. It is a very comfortable walking shoe though. Walked during a trip to Toronto recently and walked probably 25 miles over 3 days. Plenty comfy. I like this style because the rear has a rolled edge.
on August 2, 2017
Size 10 was suggested automatically by Amazon but although the sole was the right length, getting the heel on was not unlike trying to get a tire on the rim. I was going to return them for a size 11 but I noticed the 11s were double the price I paid for the 10 so, cheapskate that I am, I kept them. They eventually stretched a bit after a week or so to the point of being more or less comfortable.
They're fine lounging shoes, not especially great for a lot of walking despite the very cushiony soles. They're also surprising slippery on slick and wet surfaces so be careful, especially at first, until they wear in.
on July 30, 2016
The most comfortable shoes I have ever had, love them, will definitely get another pair.
review image
on August 25, 2016
I've had other Sanuk's before that I liked but these are dangerous! The sole isn't rubber like a flip flop but more like a super slick plastic that offers no traction whatsoever! I've almost wiped out wearing this in stores that have different flooring installed! Embarrassing and dangerous! Don't buy these shoes!
review image
on August 5, 2015
I bought these as a shoe to wear around the house and I think they are really comfortable (have almost a pillow type feel - maybe because my Zoot slides are worn out that I noticed such a dramatic difference). I have worn them upwards of 8 hours and had no problems. I have flat arches and there is no real arch support but for what I bought them for they have so far served their purpose. It is a comfortable shoe to wear around the house or go run an errand etc. If I where to go somewhere that required a lot of walking (over a mile) then I would elect to wear a shoe with arch support for my feet. The shoe was a little tight at first by within a few hours, they stretched to fit the width of my foot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.