Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon June 25, 2017
After wearing Crocs Men's Santa Cruz Slip-On Loafer,Khaki/Khaki,10 (D)M US for years and thinking they were the most comfortable shoes, I feel silly now that I'm wearing these. These Sanuk shoes are insanely comfortable. There isn't much in the sole for grip, but they are very plush and cozy.

I bought the hemp because I knew it would last better than the cotton canvas like I was used to in my old Crocs, where holes would form around the stitches. I'll update with how well these hold up after 6 and 12 months of daily wear.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 2, 2017
Nice shoes, but I bought them for a true, dependable size 10, and they were too small to be comfortable or to want to risk trying to break them in. But they weren't so small that we wanted to order an 11 (and have them potentially break in and be falling off his feet.)

So we decided to return them and get a different model. Sanuk makes several styles that are fairly similar to these.

P.S. This was his third pair of Sanuks and the only one that fit too small. Others (one is the Pickpocket, and I forget which the first pair was) fit correctly. He wore his first pair until they started falling apart (about 2 years of pretty heavy use.) These have basically replaced flip flops for him (a bit sturdier and much warmer.)
on March 17, 2018
These are amazing and very comfortable..They're are true to size I feel based on other shoes I have worn over the years I actually am a slip on shoe kinda guy from casual vans to uggs ascots I can truly appreciate a good pair of casual kicks .I will say that if you have a narrow foot and your located in the U.S. be sure to look if you can find shoes that have the letter B before the size stating more of a narrow food whereas D is made more for a wide foot however this style only comes in a D which works for most people unless you have an usually narrow foot all should be ok also flat footed people be aware there is not much of an arch to these shoes remember these are like flip flops.
That is all as for me being a surfer slash active person I love how I can just wear these most of the time based off of my life style even ok to wear for dinner casual or a movie or even best when heading to the store for a few things
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Comfortable, cool and light weight. The only downside is the slippery sole. But after wearing a few times on city sidewalks, the soles roughen up enough to feel more secure on slippery surfaces.

I usually wear an 11 to 12 wide width shoe, depending on brand and style. I ordered a 12 in the Sanuk and it fits pretty good in length. It's a little loose in the width and heel which I like. I don't plan on wearing them on any long woodland hikes or scaling the peaks in the Colorado Rockies, just around the house and on routine errands so they should hold up okay.

I don't wear socks with mine. Yes, they do pick up sweat from your feet and they will take on an odor after several wearings. Airing them out helps but washing is necessary if you want to remain socially acceptable. I've washed mine once, using a liquid laundry detergent and hand washing in the sink. It only takes a few minutes to wash them and rinse them thoroughly but it will take a day and a night to air dry them fully. I wouldn't toss them in the dryer--I don't think they would respond well to the heat. My shoes held up fine to hand washing. I could detect no shrinkage or fading.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.
on April 13, 2014
I have some vintage Sanuks I bought years ago and loved, loved loved!! (they would be 5 star shoes) So I was looking to replace them. Sad to say that model is gone, So I tried three other models, The Donnys B & T sidewalk surfer and the Donny Chill were both disappointments..I did not like the fit, did not feel true to size and the toe box was very tight on both of those..So they were returned.

However these Hemps are just right. I have now had my first two pairs around a year and they have held up well (In fact I am back here ordering more during a sale). One pair I wear outside only, mostly in summer without socks and one pair I use as basically slippers/house shoes with socks, The second pair have been worn pretty much nightly and are just now loosing there "oomph" so to speak. I have olive and stone..both look good but stone does show dirt easily as expected. I have not tried to wash them, been told you can. I just use the lighter stone ones as the house shoes.

I see another style of Donny's that are tempting not sure about those but I can definitely endorse the Hemp model!!

UPDATE: I ordered more recently during a sale and tried them all on and they might be getting smaller, something is definitely different in the toe area. I was curious after reading some other reviews and tried the new ones on and I do notice some change...It use to be a great shoe, it is a very comfy shoe but there is definitely some quality control/sizing integrity issues going on here lately..also now making me wonder about the recent price drop, is there a connection?
on October 6, 2017
I measure about an 11.5. I ordered these as a 12 and they fit me very well. These are a little harder to get on than the Chiba's but they stay on a lot better. Extreme comfort, Extreme lightness. These and a pair of Darn Tough socks will change your life, your feet will love you for it. I wear them without socks as well and get no pressure spots or rubbing. Great for all activities, awesome driving shoes and they don't load dirt into your car floor they even keep beach sand out pretty well. All of the Sanuk shoes I have had have been very long wearing and these should be no exception. I am amazed that they last so long considering how lightly they are built. They are a revolutionary product in all respects in my opinion.
on May 23, 2016
These currently are, and I think will continue to be, the best pair of shoes I've ever owned.

I absolutely live in these things. I wear them to class, to and from the gym, out running errands... functionally very diverse. The build quality is absolutely exceptional. My first pair lasted me the better part of a year before I finally walked a hole into the bottom of one. Regardless of a couple holes, the shoe still held together fabulously - thus, why I was reluctant to get another pair.

3 months into the second pair, and they're still good as new. Never have I once experienced foot pain, or any kind of fatique/soreness from wearing them. I also love that if they get a little rank, you can just toss them in the washer and let them air dry. They come out looking like the day you bought them.
on January 12, 2014
I bought these for my boyfriend for Christmas. It was a blind purchase, fueled by my desire to support items made from hemp and based on the crazy amount of positive reviews here. I honestly didn't have high hopes for them, though. Until they arrived. I resisted temptation and didn't even try them on before gifting them. It's a good thing, too, because he would have been short a gift, and we don't go overboard. He told me to slip them on and try them after about the 3rd day of ownership, and now I'm stealing them on the regular because I'm too cheap to buy my own pair. My birthday is in February, so I don't think he'll force me to wait much longer at least.

Uppers are well-made and stitched securely. He generally likes a more tailored and clean look, so the weathered/beach bum look had to grow on him, but after slipping them on he changed his mind about that immediately. At least that didn't take long! The soles are feather-light and I swear they conform to your feet. It's just delightful. They are so comfy I often forget to remove them, and normally I can't wait to get out of my shoes. This was a gift chance worth taking! We are customers of Sanuk for life now.
on September 6, 2013
This is my third pair of Sanuk sidewalk surfers, and my second pair in hemp. I've loved all three pairs -- they've got a great laid-back style that looks good with shorts or jeans, and if you get them in a solid color they'll look good with linen pants and you can wear them to dine outside in the summer. I find that the hemp ones fit a bit tightly at first, but don't buy a half-size up: if you wear them for a few days they stretch out and fit true to size (this was not an issue for me with the canvas pair I had). I should note that, while the soles are incredibly comfortable -- possibly the most comfortable of any I've owned -- they do wear down a bit more quickly than you'd expect. Maybe this wouldn't happen if you wore them only at the beach or around the house, but if you wear them everywhere like I do, you'll start to see the bottoms wear at pressure points. If you get the kind with multi-color soles layered like a sandwich, then the wear will show up quite prominently if you have your feet up. It's not like the shoes fall apart, but they will wear down more quickly than, say, a tennis shoe. That said, these look good, fit true to size after a few wearings, and are probably the most comfortable shoes you'll ever own.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.