BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Comfortable, cool and light weight. The only downside is the slippery sole. But after wearing a few times on city sidewalks, the soles roughen up enough to feel more secure on slippery surfaces.

I usually wear an 11 to 12 wide width shoe, depending on brand and style. I ordered a 12 in the Sanuk and it fits pretty good in length. It's a little loose in the width and heel which I like. I don't plan on wearing them on any long woodland hikes or scaling the peaks in the Colorado Rockies, just around the house and on routine errands so they should hold up okay.

I don't wear socks with mine. Yes, they do pick up sweat from your feet and they will take on an odor after several wearings. Airing them out helps but washing is necessary if you want to remain socially acceptable. I've washed mine once, using a liquid laundry detergent and hand washing in the sink. It only takes a few minutes to wash them and rinse them thoroughly but it will take a day and a night to air dry them fully. I wouldn't toss them in the dryer--I don't think they would respond well to the heat. My shoes held up fine to hand washing. I could detect no shrinkage or fading.
on October 6, 2017
I measure about an 11.5. I ordered these as a 12 and they fit me very well. These are a little harder to get on than the Chiba's but they stay on a lot better. Extreme comfort, Extreme lightness. These and a pair of Darn Tough socks will change your life, your feet will love you for it. I wear them without socks as well and get no pressure spots or rubbing. Great for all activities, awesome driving shoes and they don't load dirt into your car floor they even keep beach sand out pretty well. All of the Sanuk shoes I have had have been very long wearing and these should be no exception. I am amazed that they last so long considering how lightly they are built. They are a revolutionary product in all respects in my opinion.
on July 15, 2017
Normally wear a 9 or 9.5 2EE shoe. Ordered a 9 and although snug believe they will break in perfectly. Width doesn't appear to be any issue either. Would recommend getting some shoe horns as the heal is only a layer of cloth. Shoes are comfortable but more spendy than I would like. Time will tell if the "hemp" fabric proves more durable than cotton.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.
on September 26, 2016
I've had these guys for 2 days and I'm very disappointed.

The Good: The shoes fit perfectly. I wear a size 10 and these fit very nice. The shoes are initially very snug due to the fact that the material hasn't had time to stretch. After 2 days they were easier to put on and I suspect that after more use they would become much easier to put on. They're good looking shoes. and the olive ones I got looked great.

The Bad: These guys are slippery. Very slippery. I have a tile walkway, and the house is all tile. You can easily slip if you're not careful, especially if the tile is wet. No other flip-flops I have owned have been this slippery.

The Ugly: The left shoe started to rub on my pinky toe to the point that I had to give up on wearing them or get a blister.

Conclusion: Your mileage may vary, but I cannot recommend these. They get 2 stars for being good looking shoes.
on June 5, 2017
Reading a lot of reviews here I went ahead and purchased a size large then what I normally wear. I'm usually an 11.5 or 11 so I went with a 12.

I just received them today and I feel like they are too big. My toe to the front of the shoe feels fine but they feel too lose all the way around my ankle. I did some light walking around my house and twice my heels slipped out of the shoes. From what I read these tend to stretch even more as you wear them so I'm thinking this will only get worse if I keep them.

I just ordered them in an 11 so I'll see if that's a better fit, otherwise I'll return those too. Not offering 1/2 sizes might mean these just don't fit every foot type properly.
on June 27, 2017
I'm not one to bash products on reviews but I have to say in all honesty that I was exceptionally disappointed in this product. The fit is quite small, with my toes pushing at the end of the shoe. The materials feel cheap and poorly constructed. The only reason it gets a one star is the 'look' of the shoe. I would likely never try these again. These WILL be returned to Amazon.
on May 28, 2015
I was disappointed when I opened the Sanuk bag and immediately saw what I believed to be serious defects with the shoes. Along the entire border of where the upper meets the sole, there are semi-circle gaps. At first sight, I was like "what the heck!" Then I noticed there was stitching around each hole, thus it appears to be the design of this style. The problem is, two of the holes are at the toe area and my toes poked through. If I wanted this, I would have just ordered more flip flops. This various hole design is rather sloppy looking such as when a denim designer sells jeans with tears in them already. Not even on Sanuk's site does it describe this appearance or show pictures of this so it's not accurate at all and misleading. I own other Sanuk sidewalk surfers and they are not like this at all. I will say the color is a perfect neutral choice as its not too brown or grayish looking, it's a perfect shade to match a lot. The reason why I went ahead and rated them 4* is because of the fit, color, and sole comfort that most Sanuks have.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
I have some vintage Sanuks I bought years ago and loved, loved loved!! (they would be 5 star shoes) So I was looking to replace them. Sad to say that model is gone, So I tried three other models, The Donnys B & T sidewalk surfer and the Donny Chill were both disappointments..I did not like the fit, did not feel true to size and the toe box was very tight on both of those..So they were returned.

However these Hemps are just right. I have now had my first two pairs around a year and they have held up well (In fact I am back here ordering more during a sale). One pair I wear outside only, mostly in summer without socks and one pair I use as basically slippers/house shoes with socks, The second pair have been worn pretty much nightly and are just now loosing there "oomph" so to speak. I have olive and stone..both look good but stone does show dirt easily as expected. I have not tried to wash them, been told you can. I just use the lighter stone ones as the house shoes.

I see another style of Donny's that are tempting not sure about those but I can definitely endorse the Hemp model!!

UPDATE: I ordered more recently during a sale and tried them all on and they might be getting smaller, something is definitely different in the toe area. I was curious after reading some other reviews and tried the new ones on and I do notice some change...It use to be a great shoe, it is a very comfy shoe but there is definitely some quality control/sizing integrity issues going on here lately..also now making me wonder about the recent price drop, is there a connection?
on March 28, 2017
I love saunas. I have many different styles and am never disappointed. This look very good, especially with some jeans. The brown color is nice because they don't show dirt and wear as easily. They seemed to run a tad bigger than my other size 12 saunas, but not too much to where it makes a difference. They are superior quality and great for a variety of occasions. When they get wet, they take about a day to dry so I try not to wear them in the rain. I love them and I'm sure you will too!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.