Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Price:$36.95 - $68.95

Showing 1-10 of 627 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 652 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 30, 2016
My job typically requires me to wear heavy steel toe boots. So, every chance I get, I'm looking to jump into slippers, slip-ons, and house shoes. But, until now, I couldn't find anything cozy like slippers that I could wear out in town.

I bought my Wife a set of Sanuk shoes last year, and she loves them. Therefore, I decided it was high time I bought myself a pair. Being a supporter of hemp, I went with the hemp shoes. My shoe size is 12 EE, but these 12 M's fit perfectly. They are not the best for arch support, but if you're looking for that, you're in the wrong place. They are extremely comfortable and feel light as all get out.

If you're on the fence about getting a pair, go for it. They're stylish, comfortable, and long lasting (per my Wife's usage of last year's Sanuks).
review image review image review image
on May 23, 2016
These currently are, and I think will continue to be, the best pair of shoes I've ever owned.

I absolutely live in these things. I wear them to class, to and from the gym, out running errands... functionally very diverse. The build quality is absolutely exceptional. My first pair lasted me the better part of a year before I finally walked a hole into the bottom of one. Regardless of a couple holes, the shoe still held together fabulously - thus, why I was reluctant to get another pair.

3 months into the second pair, and they're still good as new. Never have I once experienced foot pain, or any kind of fatique/soreness from wearing them. I also love that if they get a little rank, you can just toss them in the washer and let them air dry. They come out looking like the day you bought them.
on March 17, 2017
Shoes are OK and I like the concept behind them, but the fit is horrendous. I am a size 10 1/2 shoe so I ordered the 11's and those were to small and snug all around. For me to be able to comfortably wear these shoes, I would have to buy a size 12. I was looking for a pair of comfortable slip-on shoes and ended up with horribly uncomfortable shoes. I returned these shoes due to their fit. If you do decide on these shoes, I would definitely suggest buy them in at least 1-2 sizes larger than you normally would.
on April 8, 2014
Defiantly order a size up, and even then they are a bit tight, but after a day or two they break into a perfect fit. When you have the right size these are perfect shoes, very nice on your knees, back, and most importantly feet, if you're worried about arch support these aren't for you. These are for minimalists who want zero drop comfort, and simplicity. They're versatile because the back of the shoe easily folds down so you can just wear them like no back slippers if you want, like if you're just grabbing the mail, or taking out the trash. They're not waterproof in over 3 inches of water, probably due too the ventilation holes, but they dry quick, machine washable, the hemp is sturdy. They're the perfect shoe three out of 5 seasons, I live in Vermont so I got boots for winter and mud season. Any other question feel free to ask, I will answer, otherwise if you're looking for a comfortable, simple shoe; support the hemp industry, or have a sandal as a man this is the way to go.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.
on September 26, 2016
I've had these guys for 2 days and I'm very disappointed.

The Good: The shoes fit perfectly. I wear a size 10 and these fit very nice. The shoes are initially very snug due to the fact that the material hasn't had time to stretch. After 2 days they were easier to put on and I suspect that after more use they would become much easier to put on. They're good looking shoes. and the olive ones I got looked great.

The Bad: These guys are slippery. Very slippery. I have a tile walkway, and the house is all tile. You can easily slip if you're not careful, especially if the tile is wet. No other flip-flops I have owned have been this slippery.

The Ugly: The left shoe started to rub on my pinky toe to the point that I had to give up on wearing them or get a blister.

Conclusion: Your mileage may vary, but I cannot recommend these. They get 2 stars for being good looking shoes.
on January 2, 2017
Nice shoes, but I bought them for a true, dependable size 10, and they were too small to be comfortable or to want to risk trying to break them in. But they weren't so small that we wanted to order an 11 (and have them potentially break in and be falling off his feet.)

So we decided to return them and get a different model. Sanuk makes several styles that are fairly similar to these.

P.S. This was his third pair of Sanuks and the only one that fit too small. Others (one is the Pickpocket, and I forget which the first pair was) fit correctly. He wore his first pair until they started falling apart (about 2 years of pretty heavy use.) These have basically replaced flip flops for him (a bit sturdier and much warmer.)
on May 28, 2015
I was disappointed when I opened the Sanuk bag and immediately saw what I believed to be serious defects with the shoes. Along the entire border of where the upper meets the sole, there are semi-circle gaps. At first sight, I was like "what the heck!" Then I noticed there was stitching around each hole, thus it appears to be the design of this style. The problem is, two of the holes are at the toe area and my toes poked through. If I wanted this, I would have just ordered more flip flops. This various hole design is rather sloppy looking such as when a denim designer sells jeans with tears in them already. Not even on Sanuk's site does it describe this appearance or show pictures of this so it's not accurate at all and misleading. I own other Sanuk sidewalk surfers and they are not like this at all. I will say the color is a perfect neutral choice as its not too brown or grayish looking, it's a perfect shade to match a lot. The reason why I went ahead and rated them 4* is because of the fit, color, and sole comfort that most Sanuks have.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
I have some vintage Sanuks I bought years ago and loved, loved loved!! (they would be 5 star shoes) So I was looking to replace them. Sad to say that model is gone, So I tried three other models, The Donnys B & T sidewalk surfer and the Donny Chill were both disappointments..I did not like the fit, did not feel true to size and the toe box was very tight on both of those..So they were returned.

However these Hemps are just right. I have now had my first two pairs around a year and they have held up well (In fact I am back here ordering more during a sale). One pair I wear outside only, mostly in summer without socks and one pair I use as basically slippers/house shoes with socks, The second pair have been worn pretty much nightly and are just now loosing there "oomph" so to speak. I have olive and stone..both look good but stone does show dirt easily as expected. I have not tried to wash them, been told you can. I just use the lighter stone ones as the house shoes.

I see another style of Donny's that are tempting not sure about those but I can definitely endorse the Hemp model!!

UPDATE: I ordered more recently during a sale and tried them all on and they might be getting smaller, something is definitely different in the toe area. I was curious after reading some other reviews and tried the new ones on and I do notice some change...It use to be a great shoe, it is a very comfy shoe but there is definitely some quality control/sizing integrity issues going on here lately..also now making me wonder about the recent price drop, is there a connection?
on March 28, 2017
I love saunas. I have many different styles and am never disappointed. This look very good, especially with some jeans. The brown color is nice because they don't show dirt and wear as easily. They seemed to run a tad bigger than my other size 12 saunas, but not too much to where it makes a difference. They are superior quality and great for a variety of occasions. When they get wet, they take about a day to dry so I try not to wear them in the rain. I love them and I'm sure you will too!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.