Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon June 25, 2017
After wearing Crocs Men's Santa Cruz Slip-On Loafer,Khaki/Khaki,10 (D)M US for years and thinking they were the most comfortable shoes, I feel silly now that I'm wearing these. These Sanuk shoes are insanely comfortable. There isn't much in the sole for grip, but they are very plush and cozy.

I bought the hemp because I knew it would last better than the cotton canvas like I was used to in my old Crocs, where holes would form around the stitches. I'll update with how well these hold up after 6 and 12 months of daily wear.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
Comfortable, cool and light weight. The only downside is the slippery sole. But after wearing a few times on city sidewalks, the soles roughen up enough to feel more secure on slippery surfaces.

I usually wear an 11 to 12 wide width shoe, depending on brand and style. I ordered a 12 in the Sanuk and it fits pretty good in length. It's a little loose in the width and heel which I like. I don't plan on wearing them on any long woodland hikes or scaling the peaks in the Colorado Rockies, just around the house and on routine errands so they should hold up okay.

I don't wear socks with mine. Yes, they do pick up sweat from your feet and they will take on an odor after several wearings. Airing them out helps but washing is necessary if you want to remain socially acceptable. I've washed mine once, using a liquid laundry detergent and hand washing in the sink. It only takes a few minutes to wash them and rinse them thoroughly but it will take a day and a night to air dry them fully. I wouldn't toss them in the dryer--I don't think they would respond well to the heat. My shoes held up fine to hand washing. I could detect no shrinkage or fading.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.
on September 26, 2016
I've had these guys for 2 days and I'm very disappointed.

The Good: The shoes fit perfectly. I wear a size 10 and these fit very nice. The shoes are initially very snug due to the fact that the material hasn't had time to stretch. After 2 days they were easier to put on and I suspect that after more use they would become much easier to put on. They're good looking shoes. and the olive ones I got looked great.

The Bad: These guys are slippery. Very slippery. I have a tile walkway, and the house is all tile. You can easily slip if you're not careful, especially if the tile is wet. No other flip-flops I have owned have been this slippery.

The Ugly: The left shoe started to rub on my pinky toe to the point that I had to give up on wearing them or get a blister.

Conclusion: Your mileage may vary, but I cannot recommend these. They get 2 stars for being good looking shoes.
on April 13, 2014
I have some vintage Sanuks I bought years ago and loved, loved loved!! (they would be 5 star shoes) So I was looking to replace them. Sad to say that model is gone, So I tried three other models, The Donnys B & T sidewalk surfer and the Donny Chill were both disappointments..I did not like the fit, did not feel true to size and the toe box was very tight on both of those..So they were returned.

However these Hemps are just right. I have now had my first two pairs around a year and they have held up well (In fact I am back here ordering more during a sale). One pair I wear outside only, mostly in summer without socks and one pair I use as basically slippers/house shoes with socks, The second pair have been worn pretty much nightly and are just now loosing there "oomph" so to speak. I have olive and stone..both look good but stone does show dirt easily as expected. I have not tried to wash them, been told you can. I just use the lighter stone ones as the house shoes.

I see another style of Donny's that are tempting not sure about those but I can definitely endorse the Hemp model!!

UPDATE: I ordered more recently during a sale and tried them all on and they might be getting smaller, something is definitely different in the toe area. I was curious after reading some other reviews and tried the new ones on and I do notice some change...It use to be a great shoe, it is a very comfy shoe but there is definitely some quality control/sizing integrity issues going on here lately..also now making me wonder about the recent price drop, is there a connection?
on June 27, 2017
I'm not one to bash products on reviews but I have to say in all honesty that I was exceptionally disappointed in this product. The fit is quite small, with my toes pushing at the end of the shoe. The materials feel cheap and poorly constructed. The only reason it gets a one star is the 'look' of the shoe. I would likely never try these again. These WILL be returned to Amazon.
on September 6, 2013
This is my third pair of Sanuk sidewalk surfers, and my second pair in hemp. I've loved all three pairs -- they've got a great laid-back style that looks good with shorts or jeans, and if you get them in a solid color they'll look good with linen pants and you can wear them to dine outside in the summer. I find that the hemp ones fit a bit tightly at first, but don't buy a half-size up: if you wear them for a few days they stretch out and fit true to size (this was not an issue for me with the canvas pair I had). I should note that, while the soles are incredibly comfortable -- possibly the most comfortable of any I've owned -- they do wear down a bit more quickly than you'd expect. Maybe this wouldn't happen if you wore them only at the beach or around the house, but if you wear them everywhere like I do, you'll start to see the bottoms wear at pressure points. If you get the kind with multi-color soles layered like a sandwich, then the wear will show up quite prominently if you have your feet up. It's not like the shoes fall apart, but they will wear down more quickly than, say, a tennis shoe. That said, these look good, fit true to size after a few wearings, and are probably the most comfortable shoes you'll ever own.
on June 5, 2017
Reading a lot of reviews here I went ahead and purchased a size large then what I normally wear. I'm usually an 11.5 or 11 so I went with a 12.

I just received them today and I feel like they are too big. My toe to the front of the shoe feels fine but they feel too lose all the way around my ankle. I did some light walking around my house and twice my heels slipped out of the shoes. From what I read these tend to stretch even more as you wear them so I'm thinking this will only get worse if I keep them.

I just ordered them in an 11 so I'll see if that's a better fit, otherwise I'll return those too. Not offering 1/2 sizes might mean these just don't fit every foot type properly.
on August 9, 2017
I just recieved my sanuks :)..... one was an 11 and the other the correct size, 8:( ... super bummed. Next time i'll go good old fasioned brick and mortar when i buy something....oh yeah, thanks for the less than stellar customer service. I wanted a refund, not a gift card I'm never going to use!! Because of my experience, I'll never shop Amazon again.
on May 2, 2017
These are some really comfy shoes. This is my 2nd pair. They may fit a little tight at first, but the material loosens up quickly. As with any shoe that is intended to worn with bare feet, be sure to keep up the regular maintenance on them with anti-fungal sprays/powders. And most importantly, keep your feet clean. I would expect them to last about 1 year under normal use (3 days per week).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.