Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 678 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 700 reviews
on November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.
review image review image
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
My husband has the widest feet i have ever seen on a human. They're more like paddles than feet. So you can imagine how rough he is on shoes. That said, these shoes are good for him. The cloth makes them flexible and the rubber soles make them comfy. He doesn't have much of an arch and the support the insoles have is just right for him. We walked all over town on a vacation recently and he said his feet never hurt and that, my friends, is saying something. The only reason he says these shoes aren't 5 stars is because the first time he gets them wet they'll be toast - but I'm not so sure. They seem pretty sturdy to me, but I'm not the one whose feet are in them. I'll update this review at some point in the future. For now we love them. It's tough to find shoes that will fit a guy with duck-like tootsies.
on February 12, 2016
Delivered on time. They fit perfect as always. Look as i desire them to! Comfortable and affordable! My only dissatisfaction with these shoes is, these being my second pair of the same style, my first pair though gently worn, seem to stretch to a fit much looser then when first purchased. When they arrive, they fit perfectly, giving comfort and support. After nearly 2 months the material loosens and the support lessens.
review image review image
on March 11, 2017
My husband actually owns another pair of shoes exactly like this pair, and loves them so much he asked me to find him another so when the ones he is currently wearing wear out he will have them. He wears almost exclusively Sanuk shoes, and says they are by far the most comfortable shoes he owns.
on March 17, 2017
This is my 2nd pair. I have 3 different pairs of other Sanuks love them! Not really great for alot of walking due to no arch support but around the house or a night out my favorite shoes...or sandal I should say! They always seem for me to fit true to size as I wear same size with all shoes...will be a customer for life!
on April 8, 2017
I love this show. Perfect for summer when you are just bumming around the beach or something. I have worn these at an amusement park for a whole day. My feet were a little sore towards the end. But did better than I expected.
on January 1, 2015
The guys at work kept talking about these shoes. I wasn't sure about the look online but really happy once I got them. They are so comfortable and go with anything casual. I'll be buying them in more colors.
on April 19, 2017
I couldn't bring myself to spend over $60 on the chibas so I went with these. I wear a 9.5 mens and I bought a 10. They fit perfect. Super comfy....no complaints!
on March 5, 2014
These look like house shoes, but have a sole sturdy enough they can be worn outside. They feel nice to my feet, and are well made. If you are looking for a pair of "easy shoes" look no further.
on April 1, 2017
My husband did not like the style. I did. I should have bought them for me!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.