Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2016
Pros: These are the best casual shoes ever made. I use them for driving, going through airports, and I wear them at work. They aren't the most stylish looking shoe ever made, but they are ridiculously comfortable and simple.

Cons: There is zero foot protection. You don't realize how much regular shoes block little bumps from objects. If you are a heavy heel striker you may need to adjust the way that you walk to account for the lack of a super thick sole on the standard trainer. I wear flat bottom skate shoes or zero drop running shoes and do not have an issue.

If you are just hanging out, these shoes are one of the best. This is my second pair, and the first pair (3years old) are still going strong as well.
on August 2, 2017
I am a big fan of Sanuk's and I will keep buying them. They're the most comfortable casual shoe I have found. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of fit on this particular shoe. Please don't let that discourage you from buying though. I have extremely wide feet, to the point that I have a very difficult time finding any shoe that fits. Normally, when I can find wide shoes, I wear a 10.5 Wide. I read other reviews on these shoes that said they also have wide feet and these fit them well. However, they were uncomfortably snug for the first week and then they started to loosen and shape to my feet after that. The first week I just wore them around the house for a couple of hours at a time. The first couple of times putting them on was challenging because the material across the top of the foot doesn't have any give. A shoe horn will be helpful the first few times you put them on.

Outside of the fit, there really isn't anything wrong with these. I have had them for a couple of months now and wear them almost daily. The material has held up, they've been decently stain resistant. I have had to gently wipe them with a damp cloth a couple times to get random smudges off.

If you're a first time Sanuk consumer, I normally only have to replace them once a year and even then it is just preference. My last pair I had and wore regularly for almost 3 years. Something to be aware of, this is not a normal shoe. The sole is not a standard rubber shoe sole. It is a very nice and comfortable foam/rubber mix. It holds up pretty well but eventually it will wear down, especially if you drag your feet. Being primarily cloth/rubber, it can hold up to getting soaked through, but I wouldn't make a habit of wearing these in water or wet conditions. Other users have reported the shoes to come apart or shrink after being used in water. I have never experienced this though from normal day-to-day use.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 15, 2013
This is my 2nd pair of Sanuks and the 4th pair I've had in my house. I've exchanged both pairs because of sizing. Amazon allows for this and exchanges with no extra cost to the customer. Once you get a size that's right, you have the most comfortable shoes on the planet. I walk over a mile a day with my dog and the Sanuks increase the pleasure of the walk. The first pair were funky looking, shaggy and perfect for casual wear. These new ones are sharp enough to sneak on with more upscale attire. Do yourself a favor - give 'em a try. You might meet a nice UPS delivery person.
on August 24, 2017
Perhaps the most comfy shoe I have worn in a really long time. Durable and well designed for casual use (wouldn't walk long distances in it). I have been wearing these all day, every day, for about a month now and they are holding up awesome. No loose threads and no separations. Sole and cushion is great for around the house and office. Will be getting another pair in a different color.
on October 10, 2017
Love these shoes! So comfortable and easy to wear. Also, they flatten very well to be packed in a bag. My only complaint is that within the first few days, they started ripping at the seam where the top of the shoe meets the side of the shoe, above the inside arch. It continued to get a little worse every time I put them on. Now I’m being more careful when pulling them on, and I’m sure I can mend it pretty easily. Otherwise, would be 5 stars for sure!
on May 11, 2017
These are my husbands 3rd pair. He loves them so much that he wore out a pair , dropped pool Chlorine on them (big white spot) it added a bit of outdoor style. He wears them as beach shoes and walks in the surf with them. Can't say enough good things about these .
on December 7, 2017
Fiancee has had many pairs of Sanuk's. If he's not at work and its spring/summer/fall. He is wearing one of the many pairs of Sanuk's he has. I was excited to find these so cheap here.
on June 26, 2017
My son wore these shoes 3 times before the sole pulled completely away from the shoe. I had to use gorilla glue to put them back together. Guess we'll go back to Crocs because they are better quality.
on August 14, 2017
great casual no sox slip ons
need to clean out the inside with wet rag and maybe some soap every now and then
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.