Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 689 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 711 reviews
on November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.
review image review image
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
My husband has the widest feet i have ever seen on a human. They're more like paddles than feet. So you can imagine how rough he is on shoes. That said, these shoes are good for him. The cloth makes them flexible and the rubber soles make them comfy. He doesn't have much of an arch and the support the insoles have is just right for him. We walked all over town on a vacation recently and he said his feet never hurt and that, my friends, is saying something. The only reason he says these shoes aren't 5 stars is because the first time he gets them wet they'll be toast - but I'm not so sure. They seem pretty sturdy to me, but I'm not the one whose feet are in them. I'll update this review at some point in the future. For now we love them. It's tough to find shoes that will fit a guy with duck-like tootsies.
on February 12, 2016
Delivered on time. They fit perfect as always. Look as i desire them to! Comfortable and affordable! My only dissatisfaction with these shoes is, these being my second pair of the same style, my first pair though gently worn, seem to stretch to a fit much looser then when first purchased. When they arrive, they fit perfectly, giving comfort and support. After nearly 2 months the material loosens and the support lessens.
review image review image
on April 30, 2017
Truly Amazing! I'm not going to lie, I had never heard of these shoes until recently. The owner of the restaurant I work in wore a pair to work the other day. I had never seen shoes with the classic Sanuk sidewalk surfer design, as I have come to discover with extensive research. He said they were the most comfortable pair of shoes he had worn. When someone says this I become wary for two reasons. One, everyone has a different opinion of what is "comfortable" and two, a lot of people say it now. I have been on a search for A. the most comfortable work shoes and B. the most cofartble pair of leisure shoes. Let me tell you these shoes are extremely comfortable for day to day use. Honestly I have put the rest of my day shoes away because they just can't compare to these shoes. I was blown away and I highly recommend them to anybody who is looking for comfort for their tired feet.
If there was any room for complaint is have to point out the material seems... not cheap but neither are they the best quality. Price could come down but I guess comfort comes first. I'll write again on how durable they are because I can't afford to purchase a pair every few months.
Thanks Sanuk!!! Great product.
on March 11, 2017
My husband actually owns another pair of shoes exactly like this pair, and loves them so much he asked me to find him another so when the ones he is currently wearing wear out he will have them. He wears almost exclusively Sanuk shoes, and says they are by far the most comfortable shoes he owns.
on July 26, 2016
Pros: These are the best casual shoes ever made. I use them for driving, going through airports, and I wear them at work. They aren't the most stylish looking shoe ever made, but they are ridiculously comfortable and simple.

Cons: There is zero foot protection. You don't realize how much regular shoes block little bumps from objects. If you are a heavy heel striker you may need to adjust the way that you walk to account for the lack of a super thick sole on the standard trainer. I wear flat bottom skate shoes or zero drop running shoes and do not have an issue.

If you are just hanging out, these shoes are one of the best. This is my second pair, and the first pair (3years old) are still going strong as well.
on July 28, 2016
Bought these for a music festival. When they came they seemed a little too tight, a little narrow. But after wearing them for a few hours they almost conformed to my giant hobbit feet. I usually wear a size 12.5 but I got a size 12 instead. A little small but actually conformed quite nicely to my feet. They were shipped to me on a Tuesday and I went to the music festival on Thursday morning. I wore these for the entire 5 days I was out there. I walked a lot, and I mean a lot. We probably covered about 3 miles a day. They were comfortable as any other slip on I've had. They have pretty good traction. They don't have the best arch support, but it's not bad. Even with my high arches I had no sore foot issues for the entire weekend. The little pocket is cool but small and if you put anything of bulk into it, it'll look odd. But I put a few small things inside and it worked perfectly. I've had a pair of Crocs (The black ones that look similar to a Sanuk, not those horrific slip on goofy ones Mario Batali wears) and these are stylistically better looking and also more comfortable without socks. Over all the pros are:

Comfortable insole.
Easy to clean.
Good look.
Small pocket.
Air holes are good for hot days.

Cons:
Easy to get flat tired.
Little Small.
on February 21, 2017
Love Sanuk! Amazing how a shoe so light weight can be so comfortable. These are even nice enough for a night out if kept clean. So comfy and easy to just slip on and go. Do not hurt my feet ever! My last pair of Sanuk's would never die but were just so old I got a new pair! Also love that they are made for recycled material.
on April 30, 2017
I usually wear size 10.5, ordered the 11's, they fit like a snug glove.

These Sanuks are really comfortable. The inner soul is cushy, and the snug fit keeps them from slipping around on your feet.

This model is made from a slightly stiffer canvas.

They look good with jeans. They look good with shorts.

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quality pair of lightweight, comfortable, sidewalk-ready loafers.
on May 24, 2016
This is my third pair and I've been wearing the other two for about a year. I honestly have no idea what they taste like.
They are very comfortable, although they may be a little tight just out of the box. That goes away in about a week or so. The sole is rubbery and not slippery. They dry fairly quickly and maintain their shape. They are quite flexible and the sole is not stiff. Over time, they do stretch out a little bit. However, I personally think that just adds to their comfort. They're great for being at the lake, beaches, and just generally being outside where your feet might get wet. They are excellent for washing large dogs outside. No slipping on concrete or wet grass. Who wants to walk around in wet shoes? Not me. When one pair get soaked, I grab another. This is why I have three pair. I have no problems walking around various stores in them while running errands.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.