Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on July 26, 2016
Pros: These are the best casual shoes ever made. I use them for driving, going through airports, and I wear them at work. They aren't the most stylish looking shoe ever made, but they are ridiculously comfortable and simple.

Cons: There is zero foot protection. You don't realize how much regular shoes block little bumps from objects. If you are a heavy heel striker you may need to adjust the way that you walk to account for the lack of a super thick sole on the standard trainer. I wear flat bottom skate shoes or zero drop running shoes and do not have an issue.

If you are just hanging out, these shoes are one of the best. This is my second pair, and the first pair (3years old) are still going strong as well.
on November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2017
Loved em. bought to replace worn out pair.

Had previously rated 5 stars for comfort, but this pair, the upper right shoe has tear in side and torn cloth on upper. Expected to last more than 6 months. I do wear 4-5 days per week, but previous pairs lasted about a year or more with same type of usage.

Downgraded to one star as I ordered a new pair that I received yesterday. I didn't even get to wear them once. The side ripped out while trying them on when I took them out of the package.
on July 28, 2016
Bought these for a music festival. When they came they seemed a little too tight, a little narrow. But after wearing them for a few hours they almost conformed to my giant hobbit feet. I usually wear a size 12.5 but I got a size 12 instead. A little small but actually conformed quite nicely to my feet. They were shipped to me on a Tuesday and I went to the music festival on Thursday morning. I wore these for the entire 5 days I was out there. I walked a lot, and I mean a lot. We probably covered about 3 miles a day. They were comfortable as any other slip on I've had. They have pretty good traction. They don't have the best arch support, but it's not bad. Even with my high arches I had no sore foot issues for the entire weekend. The little pocket is cool but small and if you put anything of bulk into it, it'll look odd. But I put a few small things inside and it worked perfectly. I've had a pair of Crocs (The black ones that look similar to a Sanuk, not those horrific slip on goofy ones Mario Batali wears) and these are stylistically better looking and also more comfortable without socks. Over all the pros are:

Comfortable insole.
Easy to clean.
Good look.
Small pocket.
Air holes are good for hot days.

Cons:
Easy to get flat tired.
Little Small.
on August 2, 2017
I am a big fan of Sanuk's and I will keep buying them. They're the most comfortable casual shoe I have found. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of fit on this particular shoe. Please don't let that discourage you from buying though. I have extremely wide feet, to the point that I have a very difficult time finding any shoe that fits. Normally, when I can find wide shoes, I wear a 10.5 Wide. I read other reviews on these shoes that said they also have wide feet and these fit them well. However, they were uncomfortably snug for the first week and then they started to loosen and shape to my feet after that. The first week I just wore them around the house for a couple of hours at a time. The first couple of times putting them on was challenging because the material across the top of the foot doesn't have any give. A shoe horn will be helpful the first few times you put them on.

Outside of the fit, there really isn't anything wrong with these. I have had them for a couple of months now and wear them almost daily. The material has held up, they've been decently stain resistant. I have had to gently wipe them with a damp cloth a couple times to get random smudges off.

If you're a first time Sanuk consumer, I normally only have to replace them once a year and even then it is just preference. My last pair I had and wore regularly for almost 3 years. Something to be aware of, this is not a normal shoe. The sole is not a standard rubber shoe sole. It is a very nice and comfortable foam/rubber mix. It holds up pretty well but eventually it will wear down, especially if you drag your feet. Being primarily cloth/rubber, it can hold up to getting soaked through, but I wouldn't make a habit of wearing these in water or wet conditions. Other users have reported the shoes to come apart or shrink after being used in water. I have never experienced this though from normal day-to-day use.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 28, 2017
I am not sure what has happened to Sanuk slip ons. I wear a size 11 and I have a pair that I have had for a few years. They have always fit great and comfortably right out of the package. But I just purchased three new pair ( all size 11) and they are all way too small. I could not even get my feet into them with out pure struggle and then they were just too small to wear. They don't make half sizes so I guess my first pair was my last. Disappointing.
on August 15, 2017
Fantastic sandal-like option if you have to wear orthotic inserts. Works as slip on that holds in orthotics (fold down back) or with back up (more shoe like). See photo. When folded down there is a bit of a seam that isn't too comfortable to walk on for extended periods, but it's fine for a few hours. My orthotics are fairly "tall" and 1/2 length, and they fit fine over the existing insole. Fits over a very thin sock as well as barefoot.
review image
on August 24, 2017
Perhaps the most comfy shoe I have worn in a really long time. Durable and well designed for casual use (wouldn't walk long distances in it). I have been wearing these all day, every day, for about a month now and they are holding up awesome. No loose threads and no separations. Sole and cushion is great for around the house and office. Will be getting another pair in a different color.
on September 19, 2017
Fast Prime shipping, item received as described. My 15 year old son loves these shoes - they are light weight, easy to get on and off and are comfortable for walking around his high school campus all day. The back can be "crushed down" without ruining the integrity of the shoe material so he can "slip" them on quickly and run around and not worry about destroying the back of the shoe. Very versatile and good quality.
on October 10, 2017
Love these shoes! So comfortable and easy to wear. Also, they flatten very well to be packed in a bag. My only complaint is that within the first few days, they started ripping at the seam where the top of the shoe meets the side of the shoe, above the inside arch. It continued to get a little worse every time I put them on. Now I’m being more careful when pulling them on, and I’m sure I can mend it pretty easily. Otherwise, would be 5 stars for sure!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.