|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$10.25 - $54.99 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rubber sole
- Heel measures approximately 0.75"
- Platform measures approximately 0.5 inches
- Cushioned thong flip-flop featuring yoga-mat footbed and contrast print lining on strap
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Women's Yoga Mat
Downward dog meets upward grin… This is the zen-inspired sandal that started it all!
Not enough time to hit the mats? you’ll feel like you haven’t missed a single pose in yoga class with this Sanuk favorite, the women's Yoga Mat flip flops. And yes, they’re made out of real yoga mats.
Find your center with every step in the Yoga Mat flip flop from Sanuk. That squishy comfort accompanies every step in this lightweight sandal made from the same foam as a yoga mat.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 3 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B000DZZFUW
- Item model number: Yoga Mat
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 12, 2002
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
So, why not 5 stars?
(1) There's nothing fancy here; they're more functional looking than fashion-y. Great with shorts and jeans, not so hot with a skirt or dress.
(2) the colors can be a little 'different'. For example the blue has a lot of green/turquoise in it so it's not a standard shade. Pretty, yes. But doesn't match anything I own. On the other hand the brown is a very good dark chocolate brown. My older pair in brown have a gray cast compared to this year's brown.
(3) yoga mats breathe and so do these. Great in hot weather but not so great in wet situations, where they become slippery on the side facing your feet. I've abandoned them as pool-side, beach, or rainy day flips as a result. (The $3 ones are actually better for those times.)
But 4 stars is still great and I will continue to buy these for as long as they keep offering new colors. (On that note Sanuk, how about a regular navy blue and a true denim blue?)
I finally purchased them from Amazon in Aqua (so many colors) and I live in them. The aqua is true to color (on my monitor). They are actually made of recycled yoga mats and Sanuk is a very eco-conscious company, which is important to me. They arrived in a reusable bag that looked like plastic but was made of non-GMO tapioca root. Bags made of tapioca root use less petroleum, energy, and water, thus producing a lesser carbon footprint than ones made of plastic. These flip flops are also vegan (meaning they are not made with any animal products or by-products). Awesome.
In addition to having had surgery on both ankles, I suffer from a chronic pain condition, so I'm all about comfortable shoes. The recycled yoga mat soles are incredibly plush, cushiony, and flexible, with a slighter firmer bottom layer that wears well. As with most flip flops, they only have the very slightest arch support, so beware if this is something you require. They soles provide plenty of shock absorption which I really notice when compared to other flip flops.
The straps are synthetic and well-made. They do not have that crappy fake leather look. The interior of the straps have an aqua and white gingham design that adds a nice detail and make the Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flops stand out. The piece that slips in between your toes is made of a soft canvas-like material that forms to your foot. The entire shoe can get wet without damage.
The white Sanuk branding on the heel of these flip flops wears off relatively quickly until it totally disappears. Unlike some flip flops with soft soles, these do not permanently mold to your foot but bounce back each time you take them off.
If I had the cash floating around, I would absolutely own a pair of these in every color. Considering we had an unseasonably warm winter, I've worn these flip flops almost every day and other than the tiny chunk of sole ripped off by a foster kitten (with seriously sharp teeth who chewed on everything), they still look practically new.
Buy these now. Just not in my size!