Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 29, 2015
I normally wear a shoe size 7, and I ordered a 7. They are slightly short and definitely more narrow that other flip flops I own. Overall the fit is not bad. If you normally wear a half size I would reccomend ordering up rather than down! All that being said, the shoes are extremely comfortable and very cute! For the price I paid, they are well worth it!
Edit: a year later and I loved these shoes so much I bought a second pair in another print!
review image
11 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2014
I absolutely LOVE 2013's Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flop and wanted a new pair in an additional color (I have the aqua- great color and currently priced at about half what I paid last summer) . Unfortunately, Amazon did not have the color I wanted so I decided to try the Yoga Wildlife in Cheetah.

These flip flops have the same sole as the original Yoga Mat and the vegan cheetah print straps look great. Be aware the toe strap is slightly frayed, which is intentional. It gives the shoes a sort of "safari" flair and doesn't look bad at all. In fact, these flip flops are actually cuter in person than online.

The straps are cut differently than the original Yoga Mat. I have not tried the Sanuk Yoga Serenity, but based on images, I am betting those straps have the same/similar cut as the Yoga Wildlife. The straps are slightly thinner, which wasn't the problem. They were also slightly tighter than expected, though I would guess they'd stretch a bit over time because they are made of fabric. The cheetah print side is a rough fabric, like a lightweight canvas, but the underside of the straps are lined with a soft material that is comfortable against the skin. So far, so good.

The problem for me is the cut of the sole. I ordered these in a women's 9, which is the same size as my other Sanuks. However, the straps seemed to be placed wrong for my foot. There is too much sole showing at the front of the shoe, so it looks as if I need a smaller size. However, at the back of the shoe, my foot is almost hanging off the sole so it looks like I need the next size up.

I considered the possibility that the snugness of the straps might be causing this and wore the shoes around the carpeted apartment for a few hours, up and down from the couch, going from one room to the next, to see how the shoes would behave when I took them on and off and walked for a few minutes. While the snugness of the straps wasn't bothersome, and I do think they'd stretch with time, walking from room to room just made things worse. I'd scoot my foot as far forward was possible when I slipped the Yoga Wildlife on, but by the time I get to the other room (small, 1 bedroom apartment) it would slide back into the same position, making the shoe look the wrong size.

Still, the shoe is my correct size, and while the problem might have been caused by the slightly snug straps and been resolved by stretching them out, I wasn't willing to take the chance. I returned them. Fortunately, these shoes came with a free return policy (always check- this is available for much of Amazon's shoes and clothing) and Amazon makes it super easy.

It's possible I happened to get an oddly cut sole or the straps were not position far enough forward on the shoes I received. It's also possible that my foot is just not right for the cut of the straps on this shoe. I do have a slightly wide foot and a decent arch. These straps may be better suited for a narrower or flatter foot. Bottom line- no matter how cute the Yoga Wildlife shoes are, they didn't look right on my foot so they had to go.

I still highly recommend the original Sanuk Yoga Mat (which Amazon carries), and the new Sanuk Yoga Sling 2 Flip Flop, which I've reviewed on that page.
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 22, 2013
This is my second pair of Sanuk flip flops. I bought the first pair as a splurge while I was in Maine. ( I thought they were a bit expensive as flip flops go!) The yoga mat footbeds were so comfortable I just had to have them. Since then, I have worn and worn and worn these flip flops ( I live in Florida so I mean year round!) and if you look at the bottoms of them, they look barely worn. Last summer I used them extensively while walking in Europe and, while I normall would not do that in flip flops, these were so comfortable and easy to wear wherever I went that I probably wore them more than my hiking shoes. Again, the soles look barely worn. I now own several pairs of these Sanuk's in several colors because I know I'll wear them enough to make it worthwhile. The heck with most of my other sandals! If you buy these, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
27 people found this helpful
on August 11, 2016
My old cheetah Sanuks wore out so I decided to go with another wild design.
I love my black and white Zebra Print wildlife flip flops. Size-wise I normally wear a size 8 and the length is fine but it feels narrower through the foot area. At first my left strap felt odd but after a breaking in period I am totally enjoying my flip flops. They are nice and thick, they feel like you are walking on a cushion. This is because the foot bed is made from a real yoga mat!
I did notice the canvas strap and solid toe post is white and tends to gets grungy fast. It would have been better if those sections had been black so dirt wouldn't show.
I recommend these to people without a wide foot. I would definitely purchase these again.
I have gotten quite a few compliments on the looks of these Zebra flip flops.
I have taken pictures of the product showing how thick and plush the yoga pad is. There is also a picture of how they look wearing them.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 11, 2018
I mostly wear Reefs, but someone recommended the Sanuks with the yoga mat bottoms, which seem to be all the rage these days. These fit reasonably well and sizing seems normal, perhaps just a bit shorter in length than expected. They are definitely cute and stylish. I can see them working well with most casual, summer outfits. They feel good on my feet when I first put them on, but I'm not convinced they will offer the same support my Reef Cushions do, for all day wear. We shall see.

Update: I really wanted to like these, but after giving them a try, it’s clear they are just not right for me. Though soft & swishy, they offer zero support! After a short time of wear, my feet and ankles were killing me. I had to pull them off and put back on an old pair of my Reefs. Like magic, the pain and discomfort went away! To be fair, I do have problem feet. I have bone overgrowth in my ankles. Just because they didn’t work out for me, doesn’t mean they won’t work for someone else. Just know you may want to pass on them, esp if you need support or have certain conditions.
on September 12, 2016
I was drawn to these for two reasons. One because I wore this brand when I was a kid...they made those astroturf-like flip flops in various colors that everyone had to have and they were comfortable. Another because after years of buying zebra flip flops that have the design on the footbed, I've learned that the only way to keep the design pristine is to find flip flops wih the design on the strap. When the price of these decreased, I had to buy a pair and I am sorry I hesitated because I could've been walking around in comfort all summer! These are surprisingly soft and cushy. They have arch support, which is incredible for flip flops. I have plantar fasciitis and high arches, so wearing normal flip flops has been pretty much out of the question; I have to have something with arch support or a little heel. These fit the bill just fine and I can walk around without being in pain. If I had all the money I could've saved in buying the uncomfortable, cheap, typical flip flops, it probably would've paid for these. I'm completely happy with my purchase.
on July 6, 2016
I didn't have the highest hope for these. I just needed a pair of flip flops I could quickly slip on as I run out the door. I actually thought I might return them before they even got here. I tried them and instantly fell in love. I am not crazy about the print, it was just 18 dollars cheaper than other plain solid colored ones in this style. I love these, they are thick but have substance to them not like the crappy 2 for 5 dollars ones you would find at old navy that you end up throwing out after summer. These are amazing, super comfortable and actually feel like they will last for years! I absolutely love them I cant say it enough how comfy and how well they fit.
I wear a 7-7.5 and I ordered an 8, I prefer sandals being a little long than a little short

Definitely will be purchasing more from this brand in the future.
I have a pair of yoga style sandals from a different brand that I love but haven't tried them in sanuk.
Definitely worth the price as you can tell and feel that they will last for years to come.
One person found this helpful
on December 15, 2017
This is my second pair of these flip flops, and the only flip flops I own! I bought the leopard print yoga mat flip flops about four years ago. I wore them almost daily. We live in Texas, so it’s flip flop season year round. The yoga mat is so comfortable that I wore these shoes to Disney! If you’ve been to Disney, you’ll know the significance of this. You walk 8-10 miles per day. Most people wouldn’t even consider wearing flip flops there, but I’m such a flip flop person and these are such excellent shoes, it was an easy choice for me. They held up great and my feet did too. If they hadn’t had the support from the yoga mat, I doubt I would have made that choice. These flip flops have been through everything, including hiking at Yellowstone National Park, camping, church, girls’ night, you name it. They’re so cute I want to wear them with everything and they’re so comfortable I want to wear them all the time.

After four years of constant wear they started looking pretty shabby, so I recently replaced them with an identical pair. I love the leopard print. They’re so neutral and they go with everything.

One thing I will say is that when you first get them, they may feel a bit stiff and you might wonder why the rave review. Trust me when I say that in no time they will be broken in and will be your favorite flip flops.
review image
on November 20, 2015
These are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned. Before Sanuks came out, I really wore Old Navy flip flops as my brand choice due to the often cheap deals and longevity of products. However, they really wore out in the heel areas and after awhile would need to be thrown out. I purchased my first Sanuks as the boardwalk sandals and loved how comfortable they were. I tried a pair of these flip flops on one time in a store to test the comfort of the yoga mat bottom, and I can wear these all day long. I actually bought this product in three different styles due to the comfort, and the best part is they haven't even begun to show signs of wearing out!
on October 14, 2015
These shoes are really pretty nice the only problem I had with them was that the toe part does not come out of the hole properly and it pushes on the side of my 2nd toe. It is not that the toe strap itself hurts as it is with a lot of other flip flops but that the toe strap is not in the right place. Other than that, I do like the shoes.

In order for me to wear them I have to just decide to try to ignore it or slide my heel over so it doesn't hurt. That works but is a strange feeling. If they can fix that problem, I think these would be great shoes.

I realize this is a mixed sort of review but I truly have mixed feelings about them. I like the looks of them, I like the way the soles feel, I just can't wear them for any length of time because of the toe strap.

Although I am a product tester / reviewer and test several products each week, I purchased these shoes on my own at a sale price that was available to anyone. No matter which way I'm buying products, I always pre-test each item and give my honest & unbiased opinion.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.