Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 220 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 241 reviews
on July 30, 2016
Works exactly as expected. Good weighted base. Multiple install options. Carpet spikes work well. My satellite speakers from the Vizio SB4551-D5 installed perfectly, as you can see by the picture. I was concerned since I saw other reviews mention the cable bumping against the pole, but as you can clearly see, that's not the case. Only downside is there's no way to run the cable through the wiring holes in the stand, but that's due to the RCA connectors on the ends. Like others have said, wish the adjustment collars were metal instead of plastic, but they work just fine.
review image
on April 28, 2016
Bought for Vizio S5451w-C2. After reading reviews of the various stands available, some of which were less expensive and rated higher, I chose these for two reasons. Simply put, I liked the Euro styling and preferred a stand with feet for carpeting. These also appear to be the stands that Vizio feature on the side panel of the box.

A Phillips #1 screwdriver is the only tool needed to assemble. Of note, even when a screw is tightened it's still possible to move the speaker and/or bracket. They simply don't lock down tight enough.

To repeat what others have said, they work with some Vizio speakers, though you have to use the Vizio screws to attach them to the bracket. The height adjuster knob is plastic, will probably eventually fail, and gives the stand a certain cheap feeling.

The center columns are narrow and will not accommodate Vizio (or any other speaker wire) with RCA plugs attached to them. You could cut/ splice/solder/tape if you really needed to feed the wire up the middle. I chose to simply wrap the wire around the pole.

They support the speakers well, look fashionable and, more importantly, are extremely stable. The bases are nicely weighted and two running cats barely make them wobble.

However.....USE CAUTION when unpacking. I'm not sure if every shipment arrives like mine but I discovered two items of concern.

One: There were very small spiral metal shavings, probably from when the base screw holes were machined, that were loose and wedged between the top and bottom portions of the bases. These were extremely sharp! If stepped on or hit with a finger, they'd probably draw blood. I'd hate to think what would happen if a cat saw this tiny, curly, silver thing on the floor and decided to eat it.

Two: Of equal concern is that the bases (both of them) had residual oil on them from the machining process. One, in particular, to the point of dripping.

I read a lot of reviews and found no mention of these issues. Perhaps mine were just a fluke. $50 stands (made in the U.S.A.) shouldn't have these issues. Still, overall, I'm pleased with the stands and decided to keep them.

That said, had I known about the shavings and oil issues ahead of time, I probably would not have bought them. Give them a thicker pole, metal height lock down knob, get rid of the shavings and oil and you'd have a new five star, top rated #1 seller on Amazon worth every bit of $50.

VIZIO S5451w-C2 5.1 Channel Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Surrounds (2014 Model)
on June 7, 2017
These are some solid stands! They have a very nice metal build with a good heavy base for stability. I bought these to go with my Vizio 5.1 surround system (SB4051-D5), and it fits perfectly!

While the audio plugs for the Vizio rear speakers are bigger, thus making it impossible to hide the speaker wire inside the stands, there is plenty of room between the stands mounting bracket and the back of the speaker. If you have the same or similar Vizio sound system, I suggest using the mounting bolt/screw that Vizio provides with the system.
review image review image
on March 21, 2013
I needed a set of speaker stands for the back surround sound speakers on my new system. I can't really mount speakers on the wall so stands were my only option.

These stands have a nice heavy base with your choice of rubber or spiked (for carpet) feet. I have hardwood floors and the rubber feet keep the stands from scratching things up. The bases themselves are heavy enough that they feel very stable and I have no concerns about the stands toppling over. There is a height adjustment on the poles so you can set them to your liking and everything functions just fine. There were a few items of note that I'll list here as they may concern you:

1) The mounting system for speakers may not work for your purposes. They have a couple of ways to mount speakers and those are: Screw mount into the bottom of the speaker like a camera on a tripod; Double sided tape to stick the speaker to the stand; A mount that screws into the back of the speaker. I have keyhole mount speakers (small hole at the top back of the speaker). I found my keyhole mount speakers wouldn't go on because they would hit the pole for the stand when using the bracket for the back of the speaker. The keyhole mount let them hang too low on the stands. I could have used the doubleside tape mount but the tape didn't seem like it was going to hold the speakers. So I ended up using a wood screw to screw the speakers into to the bracket that would normally be used with doublesided tape. Some folks would be nervous about doing that but I found with a small screw it wasn't a big deal.

2) It's kind of a hassle to run the wired down the center of the speaker stand. The stand is hollow and you can run the wire down the middle. But you really have to take the stand apart and thread it through all three pieces of the stand before you assemble it. Not the end of the world but I didn't figure that out until after I'd assembled the stands. Just a helpful tip for you.

3) The adjustment setting that connects the upper and lower pole is made of plastic. I didn't care about this but some folks might. If you want a metal adjustment connector buy a more expensive set of stands.

Would I buy these again. Absolutely. Just know that if you have keyhole mount rear speakers you will have to use doublesided tape to mount them or throw caution to the wind and put a small wood screw in the bottom of your speakers.
on August 9, 2011
These stands are amazing. Due to their tear-drop base, they can be placed directly against a wall without having people bump into them (i.e., base is parallel to the wall with the speakers facing whatever direction you need them to be). Note that this does not have any impact on the stability of my speakers. This might vary depending on the weight of your speakers.

Putting these things together was a breeze. It should also be noted that it comes with a myriad of various connectors and other extras that you may or may not need depending on your speaker specifications. Thankfully, I only needed the keyhole screw.

Also, it comes with fancy spikes should you need to use it on extremely shaggy carpets/rugs. Surprisingly, despite not using the spikes, these speaker stands hold up just fine on mine (which I consider to be fairly shaggy). Overall, if you're looking for speakers that can be placed in an area that has a lot of traffic, I would strongly recommend this as I have mine right against the wall in a common area and it is barely there! Furthermore, the shape of stands (the curved back) also further adds to the minimalist design.

Very happy with this purchase, and I'm pretty sure you will be too!
on January 1, 2016
These have been up for several weeks now with no issues yet. I haven't tried hiding the wires inside the stands yet but the holes look too small for the gauge wire I use (16). If anything it would just barely fit with cramming. The bases are heavy and the spikes seem to work well with carpet. There is a mild QA deficiency in one of the stands where the post screws into the base at a slight angle.

Assembly was straight forward. I followed some advice from another review and attached the speaker to the top half of the pole before joining the two pole halves. The joint between the two pole halves is plastic as others have mentioned and seems fragile but it has held at maximum height so far. If it failed, you could probably hold the poles together with some sort of shims, lots of tape or a weld.

I have bumped into these several times lightly without them tipping over.

At max height these are shorter than I would prefer. They barely make it over my couches, but are roughly at ear-level when sitting upright. I can't imagine using these at a lower height setting unless you like sitting on the floor. So PLEASE measure your environment before buying.

For comparison/weight, I have them set up with a pair of Polk RM101s.
on May 8, 2015
Pros: Stable, attractive, worked perfect with my Energy Take 5.1 Satellites (though I added a washer for snug fit)
Cons: Cheap plastic ring to adjust height. Could be taller. Threading 16 gauge cable was a pain

These are great stands if you want to raise up your Energy Take Classic 5.1 satellites. They're sturdy and put together very easily. Wide range of hardware for various attachment. I used the two "L" Brackets with my speakers, but put a small washer between the bracket and the speaker so that it would fit flush rather than slightly off angle. Probably wasn't necessary, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Threading the 16gauge wire was made easier around the bend in the second pipe by threading fishing line through and taping it, then pulling it to the hole where I used a pair of small needle-nosed pliers to extract the cable. I wish these stands were about 25% taller but I knew the size going in. Great price.
on October 26, 2013
The product does look good.

For Energy Take Classics use the top hole on the bracket. I used a rubber hose washer between the bracket and speaker to offset the raised edge of the speaker connection housing.

Route wiring through the hole in the top tube through the bottom of the stand.

Unfortunately, after installation the speaker drooped down to where the bottom back of the speaker hit the tubing. Any attempt to tighten just brought the sleeve up higher in the tubing. The sleeve within the upper tubing had pulled loose making it impossible to mount the bracket securely. I recommend you check to make sure the sleeve is stable. Otherwise, your speaker will eventually fall off the stand.

I contacted Sanus for a replacement upper tube. They told me HCCost in the Amazon Marketplace was not a licensed dealer and they would not support the product. Thanks a lot. HCCost doesn't provide a replacement option. So, I returned the product and went with the Atlantic stands.
on November 7, 2009
I have a Bose system with the small cube speakers. When looking at the various speaker stands available, it became obvious that the Bose stands were MUCH more expensive than others with similar designs. I chose the Sanus stands because of the appearance (I like the teardrop base). They are easy to assemble using only the included wrench and a screwdriver. You simply thread the speaker wire through the vertical part (as another reviewer noted, the exit hole is small, so you do have to grasp the end of the wires and pull them through - this probably took me 2-3 minutes for both stands) and then tighten everything.
The set includes a variety of brackets to attach various speakers, along with a variety of bolts and screws. The standard bracket mounts the Bose speakers perfectly without any difficulty at all.
Another advantage of this system is that the height can be adjusted easily by simply telescoping the upper portion into the lower, then tightening the upper portion firmly so it doesn't shift.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the function of the stands, particularly at the relatively lower price.
on October 2, 2013
I read the other reviews and they seemed pretty good. They're not. I don't think you could effectively mount a pair of headphones on these things, much less anything bigger than the Bose mini cube. I tried mounting a pair of Klipsch satellites ... no dice.
They come with an assortment of parts to mount speakers, including screws and nuts that don't match.
There's a large nut that retains the base to the main post, and they even give you a wrench to tighten it. The wrench is too flimsy to tighten one, much less two.
The smallest screw in the bunch is the one that holds the bracket to the upper tube - you know, the one that will be carrying all of the load of the speaker.
But, at least the brackets they provide are nowhere near big enough to hold any kind of surround speaker, so the odds of those screws failing is slim at best. Oh, and they coat all the parts with a rough paint coating so tightening that screw with the bracket to the top of the upper tube is nearly impossible. I put a small flat washer in there and it almost worked.
The upper tube is made with a hole so you can route the speaker wire through it. Better be using 18 gauge wire, a phone cord wouldn't fit through that hole, or the tube.
There's a rubber sleeve fitted to the bottom of the upper tube to help it hold its position in the bottom tube. One of them fell off on the first adjustment. The twist lock to set the height wouldn't hold the upper tube in place so there was no adjustment at all.
I don't know if any of the other ones are any better, but I'm going to just mount them to the wall and be done with it. If you really need speaker stands, try something else, and good luck.