- Brand Name: Sanus
- Model Number: LYSB00476PGSO-ELECTRNCS
- Item Package Quantity: 1
Sanus Systems LF228 Full-Motion Wall Mount for 37 Inch - 65 Inch Flat-panel TVs (Black)
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- FollowThru in-arm cable management channel protects and completely conceals all cables without inhibiting movement, even through the elbow
- Virtual Axis tilting technology allows effortless viewing angle adjustment without the use of tools
- Lightweight extruded aluminum wall plate features an open design to make installation and cable management a breeze
- Arm assembly shifts left and right on wall plate so TV is always centered, even if wall studs are not
- ProSet post-installation height and level adjustments ensure TV is perfectly positioned after mounting
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Sanus VisionMount HDpro Series LF228 full-motion mount for 37"- 58" flat-panel TV's up to 130 lbs. was engineered with the custom installer in mind. Its pre-assembled interface and strong, ultra-light extruded aluminum wall plate allows the easiest and quickest installation possible. The QuickConnect system allows the mounting head to snap onto the arm assembly with one easy movement and unlock with the push of a button. ProSet post-installation height and leveling adjustments ensure TV's are always perfectly positioned after mounting. The LF228 arm assembly shifts left and right on the wall plate so the TV is always centered, even if wall studs are not. And the amazing FollowThru in-arm cable channel protects and completely conceals all cables without inhibiting movement, even through the elbow.Its strong extension arm allows large TV's to extend, retract, tilt and swivel up to 28" from wall with ease. Virtual Axis tilting technology allows effortless viewing angle adjustment with the touch of a finger. Universal mounting pattern fits virtually any 37"-58" flat-panel TV up to 135 lbs.
Top Customer Reviews
- nice long extension, so I can pull the TV quite a ways from the wall (this was one of my key criteria, if you never plan on pulling the TV away from the well, get a smaller mount).
- very tight movement. I never feel that the TV is going to move on its own, or that it's precariously hanging out from the wall.
- fits fairly snug to the wall, even with all of the hardware that it needs to be extended out so far from the wall.
A couple of very impressive things...
The mounting flexibility is great. I had a very small place to put the TV, and the wall studs were no where near the middle of the space I was using. This meant that the wall mount was bolted to the wall at quite an offset. The wall mount hardware is strong and flexible enough to accomodate for this. Once the wall plate is on, it is easy to mount the arm right where you want it, to get the arm centered pretty much anywhere you want.
VERY IMPORTANT: Before buying this unit, see the Sanus website for good instructional videos on mounting. You'll have a much better idea of how it's going to work for you, in the space you have.
One more very impressive thing about this unit is the adjustments for leveling, and angling the TV once everything is in place. It is almost impossible to get the wall mount perfectly level. So, once things are mounted, it's likely that your TV is going to need to be leveled. This unit allows you to do that, and it stays level. The same goes for the vertical angle. I have mine angled down just a bit, and it works really well.
Note that I haven't seen how well it handles an earthquake yet (I'm in San Francisco), but I am confident that it won't move around too much for most 'quakes.
The documentation that comes with the unit isn't very good. It looks like documentation written by engineers for professional installers. However, the Sanus website provides a lot of help, so use it.
The lag bolts that go into your wall call for a 3/16 inch pilot hole. This wasn't a big enough pilot for me, for the lag bolts provided. I tried with a 3/16 pilot, but there was no way I could even get the lag bolts in past half way. I then got a 7/32 inch drill, and used that, and the lag bolts went in *very* tight, but I did get them all the way in. I am in a house built in 1890. I suspect that the lumber used is either old-growth fir, or redwood. These are both very hard softwoods. In newer construction, with spruce or pine studs, the 3/16 hole might be fine.
Even with the problem of the lag bolts, I'm giving this unit 5 stars. I really do think it deserves it. It is well designed, and it works really well.
note: my installation time was somewhere around 6 hours, which included a trip to the hardware store. Although, I probably spent a good three hours just putting the wall plate on, measuring everything about 20 times to make sure I knew where it was going to sit. (I also planned a spot that would accomodate a new, slightly larger TV).
This mount has a very important feature for me, which is that it can be pushed almost flat against the wall in either direction -- it doesn't stop at 45 degress or so, which several I looked at would do. This is important because with this mount I can angle it toward the left, which is where our couch is in the basement, but I can also move it completely to the right and push against the wall, which means it is in clear view from our treadmill.