Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on June 12, 2016
I bought this for my Mad Catz TES+ SFV stick. It was very slightly tricky on this stick because you have to angle the plate a bit if you don't want to take the whole thing apart, but I would still describe it as easy to install. It took me all of about 10 minutes. BTW, this is the first arcade stick I've ever owned, and the first time I've installed one of these gates.

I am an American, and I grew up with this type of restrictor plate at arcades. After installing this plate in my stick, it finally felt "normal" to me.

If you have a new stick and it feels funny to you, get this plate and install it! I personally just cannot play with the square gate, because I grew up with this sort of plate.

I mainly play Zangief on SFV, so this definitely helps a lot with the 360 moves. I've also been playing Guile and F.A.N.G., who are charge characters, and I can do the charge moves just fine with this gate. To me, this is the most natural gate to have on an arcade stick, and I'll put one in any stick I get.
on July 1, 2017
Tried to use with a HORI RAP4 and found this plate is much wider than the original, and thus when you screw this in place of the original the screws do not reach. I'd have happily paid a buck or two more if it came with an assortment of screws so that the major sticks this can work with you have everything needed.
on February 4, 2018
Excellent upgrade and extremely easy to install. Took me longer getting my fight stick (Mad Catz TE) open than it did to install this to my Sanwa stick. There's simply 4 plastic tabs on the stick that you push in to pop off the old restrictor plate, and then snap the new one right into place. Far better stick feeling with this installed. Directions are much easier to find and I feel like your speed improves as a result. A must have for fighting games.
on February 17, 2016
I never felt compelled to write a review on a product before until this. For years ive been playing street fighter on pad and not being nearly as good as i was when i was younger and playing super turbo and third strike in the arcades. Starting with sf4 i bought a mad catz stick and was generally happy with them. I just figured my timing and such was off after years of not playing anyone that used a double fireball motion ultra. I used akuma for years and whenever i played third strike i struggled to hit double fireballs for some reason. Going into the training mode i realized that i kept getting stuck in the corner of the square gate when trying to roll it quickly. I ordered the eightway gate and it makes a world of difference for me
The Sanwa octagonal gate is a must-have part in fighting games. While the 4-way gate that comes with standard issue joysticks serves it's purpose, the ability to lock-in moves with this 8-way gate makes it an essential purchase. This gate worked perfectly with the Sanwa joystick I purchased, and it's given me the much needed improvement in motion that I was looking for. Don't purchase a Sanwa joystick without getting this essential part too. Two thumbs up!
on October 29, 2017
Great quality and seems like it would be great in a fight stick. The plastic is sturdy and its a nice octagon shape. However it does not work in a Hori real arcade pro 4 kai stick. The holes just dont match up. The hayabusa stick in there is JLF style but it has a proprietary gate system on it. This will only fit sanwa joysticks.
on December 11, 2017
Just heads up for people buying this for Hayabusa sticks. You're gonna have to do some drilling to get this to fit right.
on April 7, 2014
I personally think octagonal gate feels so much more natural over a square. Fireballs and dragon punches fly off this gate with ease.

It is not without its cons, for one when dashing there is an extra mm or so in the forward and backward gates, after the second input it has enough force that it will give you an opposite input (ie letting go when full forward will give you a back input as the stick rebounds) if get lazy. Could maybe use a different spring or an over sized actuator to fix this, but I'm no pro so it really does not matter to me all that much. In a way I prefer a square gate in games like MK9-Injustice that have no required diagonal input for moves, but once you get used to the octagonal its a real pain to go back to square (and probably vice versa).
on May 31, 2015
i bought this to install on the hori tekken 6 arcade stick. the stick isnt the best for fighting games but my kids like using it for various games on pc. when we got the stick it had already been "modded". by modded i mean someone tried to grind out the gate/restrictor plate with something that was not a dremal type tool creating a jagged gate. so this was a nice cheap fix to save the stick. on the hori tekken stick it was easy to install. Remove 4 gate screws, remove old gate, drill holes in new sanwa plate which is already marked on the plate. install new plate and reassemble. quick and easy. as for the pros and cons of using a octagonal plate vs circle etc. thats personal preference. you have to feel them all because everyone is different. this is a high quality and easy to install (for me) piece that i will def buy again
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 13, 2016
This is great super easy to install I got it for my Mad Catz TES+ It really imporved my gaming, I am from the 90's so I grew up in the local arcade places. And I learned how to play SF with the arcade stcik not with controllers, so it's very reassuring for me to have my fighting stick just like I the one I used as a Kid.. it Improved my game 95% Seriously!!