Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2011
For $140, I didn't think this was a bad purifier. I'm not ready to spend $300+ for a higher end purifier, so I bought this to use meanwhile. Depending on what you want from your purifier, you can probably find another purifier for cheaper. For example, if dust is your primary concern, there are purifiers that remove dust from the air better than this one for less money. I turned my attention to this one because it has extra perks and has gotten decent reviews for removing odor and allergens.
After a month of use, the air in my room has seem to improve. It is easier to breathe in my room compared to before and my coughing has died down. The room doesn't smell clean or "soapy" like others have claimed, but it does not carry a stench any more.
- 4 fan speeds: auto, low, medium, high. Auto speed will turn the fan on/off/high according to a air sensor on the unit. The unit's sensor also has adjustable sensitivity levels, which seems to work well. Refilling your water tank depends on your fan speed. When I leave my unit on high, the tank rank out fast (a day or less). At medium speed, it takes 3-4 days to deplete. At low/auto speeds, it will last a week+.
- No more bad smells.
- Comfortable breathing.
- Has a prefilter (always pick a purifier that has one).
- Lights that tell you when you need to refill the water and replace your filter.
- 1, 2, 8 hour timer (I never used the timer feature though).
- At high speed, the unit is rather noisy and I often don't use it at this mode unless I need to. At medium speed, the noise level is perfect for me and serves as white noise when I am trying to sleep.
- The lights on the unit has dimming features, but even with that it is still too bright for me (I am a very light sensitive sleeper). Should serve as a good night light for some.
- Does a mediocre-okay job at removing dust (it is still removing dust from the air, just not as much as I wanted it to).
- Owned for 1 month.
- ~180 sq ft. room.
- For me, this purifier does a little bit of everything, but doesn't excel too much at one thing. I am fairly happy with the purchase, but I don't think it was that great of a product to receive more than 3 stars.