Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint)
$29.99 without a service plan
$29.99 without a service plan
$29.99 without a service plan
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 3.5-Inch TFT LCD Display
- Android-powered phone with virtual keyboard with haptic feedback; Sprint ID-enabled. Sprint TV and Amazon MP3 Store enabled; GPS turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation; access to thousands of apps from Android Market
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; access to personal/corporate e-mail services
- Up to 6.4 hours of talk time, up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time; released in July, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired stereo headset, USB cable, microSD card adapter, quick start guide
- Android-powered phone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and virtual keyboard with haptic feedback; Sprint ID-enabled
- Sprint TV and Amazon MP3 Store enabled; GPS turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation; access to thousands of apps from Android Market
Customers Also Shopped For
- Size (LWH): 4.6 inches, 2.3 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 3.68 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Network Compatibility: AMPS
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 312 hours
Top Customer Reviews
-large, high res display for a budget phone
-android 2.1 (as opposed to 1.6 for the cricket wireless version)
-good call quality
-phone seems laggy, even for physical buttons
-screen is supposedly "capacitive", yet hard taps are required to operate it, especially near the sides (which are slightly curved)
-screen sometimes lags when swiping, even with very few apps running
-physical buttons are placed too low on the phone
-no multitouch when browsing
-not much internal memory
-details are sketchy about 2.2 upgrade
-low speaker volume
-battery life (but what smartphone doesn't have this issue?)
-doesn't seem to support live walpapers
I know I have more cons than pros, but the phone itself is respectable, even moreso the further you can get below the $100 (subsidized) price point. Most of the negatives have to do with the UI, but once you've started your app, the sound and display are satisfactory.
The screen may be pretty and the phone may be light but these things are outweighed by the fact that:
* The user interface is laggy when performing simple tasks.
* The touchscreen sensitivity is horrible.
* Ending a call requires pushing the End Call button several times and then waiting.
And that's just out of the box. At this point:
* The phone freezes hard or reboots almost every day.
* The inertial sensor goes nuts making a simple game unplayable.
* A software bug has gone unfixed by Sprint for a year. In certain neighborhoods we have to pull the battery to stop a mysterious ringing sound.
Drains my wimpy battery.
It has way to much going on and is not easily acessable with many things I need.
It will start doing its own thing often by shutting down, moving the screen around, locking up for no reason.
The buttons on the side are in the worst place. I can not tell you how many times I am talking to someone and I hit the camera button and my phone drops the call. and the volume buttons are the same. There should not be buttons where you hold the thing.
Can not uninstall some programs. I have 2 GPS on this stupid thing and I can not force stop either or uninstall. All it allows me to unistall are updates. AND NEITHER are easy to use and do not function correctly. It always shows me in another state!
The touch on it does not always work and I am really missing my qwerty keypad. It takes me so long to type in a simple word because hitting these itty bitty close numbers and letters and the enter is in a bad spot. I try to hit the period and hit enter and it loads when im not done and have to start over on a 5 min text. It also lags bad on typing which sucks.
Anyway I have more but this will do. I will not keep this phone 2 years definetly. it is not worth the aggravation! Do not waste your money.
Only 1 real positive thing I can say is it takes a good pic. Got some nice butt shots somehow with a touch lock. go figure.
I give it negative stars if I could
Though the phone was free, i wish i would have spent a few hundred and gotten a phone that was actually USEFUL!
Have to use the "app killer" a MILLION times a day just to maintain any sort of battery.
And if you have to use the number pad while on the phone, it's ridiculous!
I've owned some piss poor phones in my life, but this is BY FAR the WORST phone ever!
Do yourself a favor and buy BUY something else! Keacera Sanyo Zio is NOT GOOD!!!!
THIS PHONE IS A POS SIMPLY PUT. I HAVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR AND IT HAS BEEN REPLACED 3 TIMES BY SPRINT AND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE PHONES HAS ITS OWN SET OF PROBLEMS.
- SCREEN CONTINUPUSLY WENT BLANK FOR NO REASON ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS TO PULL THE BATTERY AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY AND THATS IS BEING GENEROUS
- THE ENTIRE PHONE FREEZES INTERNET, HOMESCREEN, VOLUME, ETC.
- WONT LET ME UNLOCK THE PHONE (LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ITS JUST THE SLIDE BAR) MUSIC WONT PLAY WITH AUX CABLE IN
-GAMES AND APPS FREEZE UP AND EVENTUALLY HAVE TO EITHER FORCE CLOSE OR SHUT DOWN THE PHONE
THIS IS A PERFECT PHONE...IF YOU ONLY WANT TO TAKE HORRIBLE PICTURES AND VIDEO
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I Hate this phone soo much!!!!! I cant believe this is actually considered a smartphone!!! Its the stupidest piece of junk ever. Read morePublished on July 27, 2013 by Diego
This phone is terrible. I bought it because of the price and the android operating system, but it is definitely not worth it. Read morePublished on April 23, 2013 by Angry Customer
I had this phone for about 3 months. The first few days i really enjoyed it but then tons of problems came..Dont get this phone ! Read morePublished on January 19, 2013 by Mary Semakula
I had the ZIO for a few weeks before I turned it in for a refurbished phone. I thought it was junk and it didn't work for me at all. Read morePublished on November 24, 2012 by Natalie Tur
This phone is terrible! I have had it for almost 2 years now (not by choice) and it's caused me nothing but frustration! Read morePublished on October 30, 2012 by Karen
i purchased this phone as a replacement for my ZTE score that i dropped in the water. I paid 30 for it and i havent really had any issues with it. Read morePublished on July 10, 2012 by gash
i realllly hate this phone. the rotater thing stopped working a month after i got it. and ive had it for almost a year now. & every time i touch it. Read morePublished on October 11, 2011 by kayla
I've had this phone for going on a year now. My mom got it from the sprint store, who said she could have it free with an upgrade. Read morePublished on September 19, 2011 by Rachel Barlow