- File Size: 25153 KB
- Print Length: 688 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 4 edition (February 23, 2012)
- Publication Date: February 23, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007CMODQG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #911,633 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Sapira's Art and Science of Bedside Diagnosis Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
Featured medical resources to help drive patient outcomes. Sponsored by McGraw-Hill.Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is easily the best medical book I've ever come across (and I've even edited one). It is not, nor is it intended to be, a standard textbook. Instead, it is an intriguing, challenging, inspiring, and thoroughly enjoyable book that is better suited to the nightstand than the medical library. More important than its impressive compendium of facts is the way in which it reflects the passion, dedication, intellectual curiosity, and, believe it or not, fun, that should characterize medical practice. These qualities seem no longer to be emphasized in medical curricula in the US and are rarely in evidence in modern clinical training programs. If you're not fortunate enough to make rounds daily with a master clinician of "the old school", this book is an able substitute.
The book is a real eyeopener. It tells how to make a wide range of diagnosis at the bedside using only your hands, mind, and a few basic tools.
So you want to know everything about Hoovers sign in emphysema? Or Duroziez's sign in aortic insuffiency? How to tests for bence jones proteins using a microwave oven and a telephophone directory page? This book will tell you.
Every chapter has an extensive list of references. It is full of anecdotes and historical notes, making the book a pleasure to read.
It is a little weak on the clinical examination of the abdomen and the authors advise is not always possible to follow in a modern day clinical setting.
It would be particularly usefull to teachers in medical schools and doctors specializing in internal medicine.
All in all: It is a great, great book
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Two biggest complaints:
I find the font difficult to read
This book is as much about the art as it is about the science of clinical methods and diagnosis.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Diagnosis
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Family Practice
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Education & Training
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Test Preparation & Review
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Education & Training
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Internal Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Nursing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Physician & Patient > Diagnosis
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Specialties > Family & General Practice