Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 234 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 285 reviews
on July 15, 2016
This is a fun, fast paced book. There are 3 different mystery stories involving Sara, a massage therapist who's secretary is murdered, and Carter, her soon-t-be boss, a Private Eye. Together they solve crimes (murder, abductions, etc). All the while Sara's marriage is ending, and she meets Max, brother of her murdered secretary, Beth. Sara being mosey decides to figure out who killed Beth and why....this is how she gets into the PI business and meets Carter, while still running her own business of massage therapy. Easch story is complete on its own with the next story continuing in regards to Sara's personal life. I'm really looking forward to continuing the series in Volume 2.
on April 9, 2016
Jennifer Jennings has created a perfect world of suspense and romance. Her Sara Wood books are fast-paced, with characters you can identify with immediately. Jennings is able to make you familiar with characters, yet still develop them throughout a series. Sara Wood, her main character, is a sexy middle-aged woman who finds a new, adventurous life as an assistant to a private investigator. I had read the third book – An Island of Illusions – as a stand-alone novel, and loved it. When I saw the boxed set I had to have it, and I must say that reading the book as part of a series is even better! You’ll laugh out loud in a few places, so be prepared. This is a great series, and a great example of what a cozy mystery should be.
on February 16, 2016
I love these books, could not put them down. Purchased sets 1, 2, 3 & 4. Up nearly all night reading one book after the other. Very good story and the characters - you just cannot put the books down. This author is a great writer. Keep em coming. I am about to purchase the next set of books - I have to get the whole set. I recommend these books - they are great stories. The main characters - so totally real and real life situations - just a great read if you love detective/mystery books.
on May 28, 2016
Sarah Woods is a great character that makes me feel like I'm having a great time with one of my friends. She is a massage therapist turned investigator, and crimes keep occurring on her watch. She has an indifferent husband and a well-behaved son. The books are suspenseful, yet fun. These mysteries are exactly the right length for relaxing after a hard day, or taking boring plane ride. They are suspenseful enough to keep me turning the pages and light-hearted enough to make me feel like I am out of the town with one of my girlfriends. I am in the first boxed set, but I can tell I'll be getting more books when I'm done with these Keep it up Jennifer L. Jennings! Great job.
on December 22, 2015
This is my first exposure to Sarah Woods Mysteries. I liked the character Sarah. She's a working girl and mother which I can relate too. The short chapters make it easy to read when you sometimes have only short intervals to read. Out of the three books the last one, "An Island of Illusions," was my favorite. This could be because it was set in Hawaii. The third book had more action with the plot's twists and turns. The relationship Sarah had developing with another character of the book also made it more appealing. Based on how it ended I think Book 4 seems to be a continuation of this third book showing an interesting plot and location.
on July 5, 2016
Three adventures of a wife, mother, message therapist turned south. Each episode has a conclusion so it isn't frustrating like some series where you can't take a break but holds interest so anxious for the next episode.
on April 12, 2016
I love a boxed set! The stories and characters were believable and addicting! The mysteries give a few clues, so I actually figured out "who done it" in one story, but there is enough doubt that I had convinced myself it could very well be someone else.
Actually having the next book readily available is fantastic to an addict! It was wonderful to just go on to the next one. Now that I have read all three in Volume 1, I want Volume 2 in my hands.
Go for it; you will love the nerve and courage of Sarah, while admiring her morals and values.
on October 7, 2016
The author, Jennifer Jennings, has an easy to read writing style, with great location descriptions and character development. I have to admit that while the books were easy reading, in no way was the story line simple. Each chapter leads the reader to a better understanding of "what happened" , without givng away the complete story line and "who done it". I will be buying the next successive mystery series and look forward to the new trials and tribulations of Sarah Woods!
on March 25, 2017
This was a good series and had the right outcome. It was a hard one to figure out even thou I had my suspicions.
on May 5, 2016
I'm reading this trilogy now and I am enjoying it. The characters are well written but not people I'd like to be around but the P.I. cases are interesting. I'm over half way thru and I keep hoping the main character will get on with her life and divorce her husband so she doesn't keep whining about him and using him as an excuse for everything. If that happens it will make her a lot more interesting to read about.