Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 10, 2012
I bought this book along with four other guides to Sardinia. I knew nothing about guide books or planning a trip. I wanted to compare them all so knew what to trust next time I plan a trip; Eyewitness Travel, Insight Guides, Rough Guides, and FootprintItalia were all the ones offered for Sardinia.

FootprintItalia quickly became my "new best friend" as my girlfriend put it. The descriptions of towns were brief but as informative as the wordy books like Insight Guides or the Rough Guide. This one gave the sense of a guide leading you into his favorite sites, not just the most popular on the island or a list of all of the sights. He tells you the owner's name of his favorite cheap restaurants (and expensive but I didn't investigate many of those)in the towns and what they are known for cooking. He knows this place. This book is truly a gem.

By all means I would suggest getting a couple of books and comparing them for your trip. Don't skip this one. Buy used if you have to, I just don't want you to wish you had bought it in hindsight. I know this one will make an impression and stay by your side until you return home. You will never want to leave, though.
on December 19, 2010
This guidebook contained a lot of detail about different places, with vivid enough descriptions you could get a good impression before going. But it also had lots of listings that were useful once we arrived!
on November 15, 2013
Great book lots of pictures, it describes all the towns and sites to see. Recommend this book for the traveler
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse