Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $20.84 shipping
SuperStone Non-Stick Bread Pan
|Sale:||$62.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Discount provided by Amazon.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The classic Superstone line of bakeware produces spectacular results in your kitchen
- The natural stoneware and special design ensure optimum heat and air distribution for a crisp finish every time
- Scrub with hot water. Do not use soap.
- Replicates the effects of a traditional brick-lined oven
- Measures 11" in diameter x 8" high and ships gift boxed with a recipe booklet to get you started
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
SuperStone /Covered Baker
Emile Henry Made In France Flame Baguette Baker, 15.4 x 9.4", Burgundy
Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick Perforated Baguette Pan
Camp Chef Home Seasoned Cast Iron Bread Pan
BrotformDotCom Professional Bakers Couche - 100% Pure Flax Linen Proofing Cloth from France, with One Bonus Mure & Peyrot Fixed Blade Lame, 35x26 Inch, the Original Red Stripe Signature Couche
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cooper Retail||Kidz Kupboard||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Green Magnolia|
|Material Type||Stoneware||Stoneware||Clay||Steel||Commercial Grade||Flax Linen Fabric|
|Size||—||No Lame Included||15.4 x 9.4"||16 by 9 by 1-Inch||9 x 5||26'' X 35''|
1005 Features: -Color: Natural. Product Type: -Bread Pan. Color: -Natural. -Shape: Round. -Non-stick: Yes. Non-Stick: -Yes. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -7.75". Overall Width - Side to Side: -11". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -11". Overall Product Weight: -9 lbs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You will definitely see improvement in your homemade breads when you use a cloche. Basically, it is an unglazed clay base and domed lid that create the effects of a baker's oven within your own oven. The high heat and steam in a professional oven are not found in a home oven but, with the cloche, the results are remarkably similar.
Contrary to many reviews, I was delighted and surprised to find that my La Cloche arrived in perfect condition. Packing it in thick cardboard and big plastic bubbles resolved the company's breakage problem.
La Cloche's Pros
* Excellent quality unglazed ceramic baking top and bottom
* Heavy enough to retain heat
* Performs as stated in the advertising
* Creates a hot and humid environment making bread rise higher
* Easy to maintain
La Cloche's Cons
The following are some suggestions to improve your oven's environment using this product:
* Place a thin layer of coarsely ground corn meal on the interior base of the cloche. The will prevent the bread from sticking to the surface
* Use parchment paper instead of the corn meal, if desired
* Soak the top (only) of the cloche in water for 30 minutes prior to placing your bread dough in the oven. (Because the unglazed ceramic top will absorb some of the water, this will give you the benefits of a steam oven without the costs of a new one.)
* Put your dough on the base and place the water-soaked top over it.
* DO NOT PRE-HEAT your oven (Yes, read this correctly!). Turn the cold oven to 450° and set the timer for about 40-45 minutes for a 20-24 oz. loaf.
* After the 40-45 minutes, remove BOTH the top and bottom of the cloche set from the oven.
* Return the bread to the oven, placing it directly on the metal shelf. (Do not use a baking sheet.) The will allow you to bake artisanal breads with a crackling crust. The interior texture (crumb) will be moist and chewy.
I have used this method for: San Francisco Sourdough bread (see my review of San Francisco Sourdough Starter); whole wheat bread; artisanal white bread; cheese bread; herbed bread; and both seeded and unseeded rye breads. I brought a basket of breads to a Superbowl party and they were a big hit--so much so that, two families asked for instructions and will begin baking breads for themselves.
For clarity, the top was never, ever dropped nor was excessive force applied to the handle beyond normal grabbing with an oven glove to remove it.
Update Jan 2014 --
The second order arrived undamaged but the packaging was still not very good. Make sure there are no cracks, even small ones will cause the item to break when heated a few times. Mine was perfect and has worked very well. The product gets 5 stars if you can get it in perfect condition. I'm moving my rating from one to four stars since packaging seems still inadequate.