Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 30, 2010
I ordered two of these ring o' links because my daughter and I both love this product. My daughter simply loves playing with this. Her favorite link is the black and white which she frequently uses as a teething ring. This toy is perfect for on-the-go and it doesn't take up a lot of space in my diaper bag. I can simply take this toy wherever we go and it'll keep my daughter entertained. I love the different textures and colors. The best thing about this toy is that it is BPA free. It states it on the packaging. I was receiving conflicting reviews from moms who say that this is or this is not BPA free, so I contacted Sassy and received the following email from them:

Thank you for your email. The Ring O' Links has always been BPA-free. Be assured we only use safe non-toxic materials. The safety of the children using/playing with our products is our primary concern, and all of our products meet and exceed all safety standards set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM). Each consumer is valued, and we thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Best Regards, Judy/Sassy Consumer Relations

I hope that clarifies any confusion regarding BPA and this particular product. I'll be purchasing more of these links as gifts for other moms!
55 comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2016
My baby is three months old and she loves this toy. I got it for her because I wanted a gripping toy that could also be a noise maker and teether. We love that you can add or remove links from the main ring and connect the links to make a long string. It's also nice that the links have several different textures. The links are great to attach other toys to the stroller and play gym. My baby holds the ring and links in her hands, shakes them up and down, and likes to chew on them. The toy is easy to clean and dry. Highly recommend.
review image
We keep them as a string instead of on the ring, and baby just can't get enough. Very pleased, and surprised at how many ways we have found to hang it up!
on February 15, 2010
I purchased 2 of these and use them for everything. Use them to attach infant toys to stroller bars, baby gyms, infant bar handles, shopping cart covers etc.... When baby gets oldler they are great for teething and playing. Around 12 months of age, they can start linking them themselves for a great fine motor skill game. Then when they are toddling around, you can use them to link cabinets together to prevent babies from opening them. Such a cheap must have item. Highly recommend!!
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2012
Cannot leave home without it! My wife calls this her "secret weapon" in our war on baby terror. This toy functions as a rattle, hand/eye coordination development aid, chew toy, utility hooks, and parental sanity aid. Our baby likes to suck on it while playing, so it's reassuring it's BPA free & Phthalate compliant according to sassybaby website.

Of all the toys and rattles, this is by far my 4 months old baby's favorite. Whenever she starts to fuss or cry while we're out, we just jiggle this in front of her, and its soft clacking sound and bouncing colors always calm her down immediately. It's amazing how fascinated she is by this toy! It also has a lot of surface to easily grasp by (one-handed or two) and varied textures (some rings are lumpy, some smooth, some ribbed). You can also interlock the rings into a chain as an alternative form of toy or utility hook (be careful it doesn't become a strangulation hazard). It's also compact enough to fit in a pocket or stroller cup holder.

To keep the baby occupied during meals out, we mount it dangled above the baby on the carrier/stroller handle using a looped pacifier strap like Ulubulu Universal Pacifier Clip, Oliver Owl or Velcro strap Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140). If the baby's holding the toy instead, a pacifier strap can also clip to the bib to avoid the toy dropping on the floor.

The baby and wife love this toy so much, I just bought another 2 to keep existing the one at home, one in the car, and one in the diaper bag. Of course, your particular baby may have differing tastes, but no fancy projector, sound machine, smartphone app, etc. may save your sanity and public crying baby embarrassment as quickly and easily as this ~$4 toy.

Manhattan Toy Winkel is another great toy (baby's second favorite for grasping, staring at, and sucking) and has a soft built-in rattle, but is bulky and not as useful to hush the crying baby. To prevent the baby getting bored of the ring toy, we have her play instead with the Winkel at home.

An actual rattle like Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle is louder, but fails to hold my baby's attention for more than a second, and is very limited in graspable area. It may be good for an older baby, but for now, just sits at home unused.

Different vendors have similar toys, some with even more rings, but none seem to have BPA & Phthalate info. Babies love putting everything in their mouths, so we try to seek only toxin-free.
on July 1, 2017
At first, my 5 m.o. baby didn't care at all about this, wouldn't play with it. At 6 1/2 she started loving it. The black and white ring is her favorite, she enjoys exploring the textures of the other rings too. This toy is very versatile, cause all rings are open, so you can "build" it in different ways - make it smaller for traveling; keep it in keychain format, or make a long chain (which is small enough for safety reasons). You can even hand this is the handle of the baby's car seat. That being said, baby is capable of pulling rings out, so careful not to lose any when you are on the go!
on September 22, 2016
This toy is so simple, but perfect to help my preemie (born at 30 weeks) with his motor skills. Each link has a different texture, and are removable. This makes it easy to clean as well.
on February 17, 2017
This is SO SO useful. So many baby toys come with a loop, so you can attach them to things, but I looked high and low for additional chain links so that you could secure the toys to my daughter's stroller bar, her car seat handle, play gym, and even to her carrier case. Means she can always have something in her hand to play with and chew without the toy ending up on the floor, constantly.
on June 25, 2017
I bought these for a baby shower, but my son has a set of his own too! These are a must for every baby's toybox, in my opinion! The rings are fun/easy to grab, feel the textures, and the colors are nice and bright. My baby loves the main black and white ring, which is why this set is my favorite. The links can be used to hang other toys from too.
on February 12, 2017
This is such a fun inexpensive toy. I like to link his clip on toys and make longer ropes and when the baby is old enough he can do fun links himself. Right now he is 6 months and loves to chew on the black and white link which is a rubber/silicone material and perfect for teething and very light weight. He chews on the other pieces as well and when I do long links he holds it with both hands. Multipurpose simple and inexpensive toy. :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.