Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

A Sassy Little Guide to Getting Over Him
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$5.03+ $3.99 shipping

on February 18, 2015
I buy this book for every friend who goes through a breakup and keep a copy on my shelf just in case I need a refresher. It's a fast read, exactly what you need when you're feeling hopeless and spiraling down the "why why WHY?" hole -- no one wants to slug through a 350-page self-help book when you feel like sh*t.

This book gives you the kind of no-frills straight talk that you wish your real-life friends could give. There's no coddling. There's no, "Yeah, he/she is such a jerk, he/she is probably doing X, Y and Z right now." And there's no attempt at analyzing why he/she did what he/she did and what he/she is thinking, etc. This book recognizes and validates your feelings while expertly smacking you in the face with reality -- that your former partner is not in your life anymore for good reason (and reminding you what a few of those reasons might be) and that thinking (obsessing, rather) about your ex is merely a distraction from moving forward and healing from the pain.

Hands down a must-read for anyone healing from a breakup, no matter how devastating or easy it might have been.
on January 15, 2011
I got two books to help me get over my ex. This book and, "How to heal a broken heart in 30 days." I love how, "A sassy little guide to getting over him", is a quick read. I am going through a hard time and seem to have an attention span of a 2 year old. Every time I start reading a regular novel, I just get a quick thought of my ex and the tears ensue, the novel is put down and I am just a mess. Luckily, that did not happen in this book. I was able to get all the information I needed in a quick yet witty style which enabled me to not only get all the information I needed but also to keep me engaged so I do not turn into a blubbering mess.

I have a horrible habit of breaking it off with this particular ex only to take him back--we do not talk for a few days and then he calls...guess what...I answer. This book lets you know not to answer the phone for at least 30 days. It also lets you know not to leave the angry voice message that can be played for his buddies; unfortunately, something that I have been guilty of. This time is different, not only do I want to end the vicious cycle of going back to a bad situation but I also want to feel better fast. The title of the book is perfect in describing what this book is. A sassy "little" guide...and that is it. If you are looking for something more in depth then go with, "How to heal a broken heart in 30 days." It is a day by day book to help you get over the person you are with. It is geared for everyone, whether you were dumped or the dumpee. Unfortunately, A sassy little guide to getting over him", is geared towards women and more so towards the dumped. Advice that says that since he dumped you then he should be calling you to apologize does not necessarily fit people like me who did the dumping while the guy tries to convince me otherwise and apologizes. Realize that it does not make the other advice in the book; for example, not talk to your ex for a minimum of 30 days, put away things that remind you of him in a dark closet, etc. any less important. Concurrently, I do not believe this book would be helpful for those who have kids, or mutual assets such as a business together.

I suggest reading the book for the basic advice and if you feel like you need more, then check out other books. Some of the advice will seem obvious while others may not. I know that plenty of times when my ex and I had each others things we did not go to a mutual friend. Actually, I am uncertain how we will exchange our things because we do not have any mutual friends. Regardless, the point is not everything may be something that you have implemented or thought of implementing. Even if it does not help you get over him, at least it may lift your spirits for period of time.
on April 12, 2017
"A Sassy Little Guide to Getting Over Him" is witty, concise, and full of practical directives and advice. It is a joy to read even though the topic is not joyous. Plus, it is much needed relief from long-winded books that make you feel like a failure before the end of the first chapter. I will read this book again and again until the message sinks in or I can quote it verbatim or both!
on October 26, 2010
This book was perfect. Its not groundbreaking or anything, seeing as it offers the same kind of advice a good friend or even your mother would give you after a break up (if you are lucky enough to have a person in your life to offer such loving advice). But this book does put break up advice in a fun different prespective, which is very helpful when trying to get over that "i just got dumped" feeling. The book is super easy and very fun to read and isnt too long, which is a major plus because it allows for re-reading.
on August 27, 2010
So my boyfriend broke up with me. I am really struggling and resorted to looking on amazon for silly self-help books and what not. I ended up ordering quite a few and received this one first. It's just a short, funny, true little book about how you feel and what you should do after a gut-wrenching break-up. The way it is written is great. I smiled and giggled a lot since I saw myself in the text quite often. It takes your behavior and feelings and thoughts and explains it perfectly. It definitely makes you feel like you aren't alone. Definitely a good read for someone who is confused and in pain after losing someone special.
on November 22, 2015
Great little book. I got it for my 17 year old granddaughter that is having heartbreak this holiday season. I did read it and really enjoyed it and the added humor.
on July 16, 2016
The perfect antidote for anyone who is wandering aimlessly after a bad relationship. It won't solve everything but it give you lots of great ideas for how to get back on track with your life.
on October 23, 2006
This book has the practical advice we all need to hear, blended with the author's unique wit, also featuring some ingenious analogies. It's a straightforward wake-up call to your self-esteem, reminding you to take care of #1 and forget about #2. Yes, I just called him #2. As in...you know. Ms. Miller's book has a permanent place on my bookshelf!
on June 27, 2007
This book is way over priced. There are to many blank pages, half full pages, and large print to make the book look like it is larger than it is. The subject is good and written well but not worth $14.95.
on May 28, 2008
This is a fun, but so painfully true, book. It is very short.. You can read it in less than an hour. It is very funny but very good.

It flat out tells you what to do and what not to do when you're having those moments of missing him so much. I had to laugh out loud when it said "Do not create a folder on your ipod of songs from the soundtrack of your relationship." LOL I actually already had a folder on my ipod called Soundtrack and it was exactly that.. songs about us or that we had listened to etc...

It also told me not to write that farewell email/letter summing everything up and pointing out all the wrongs that had been done.. the whole time I read that section I thought "oh crap, I already wrote it and sent it" then the next page said "but what if you already wrote it and sent it?" LOL

Great book.