- Save 15% on the Satechi Spectrum Mouse Wired Optical Mouse (Silver) when you purchase 1 or more products offered by Satechi. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Satechi® Smart Converter USB Port Cigarette Adapter for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, Mini Retina, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, S6, S5, Note 4, 5, Nexus 5, 5X, 6P, HTC M9/M8, Lumia 950, OnePlus 2/One and more (2.4 AMP) (Single USB Port)
|Sale:||$7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$7.00 (47%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Space-saving design with 2100mA power can support most USB powered devices
- Use your existing USB charging cables to charge iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android Phones & Tablets, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, etc.
- Blue LED indicator confirms whether USB charger is properly connected
- Self-recover safety function with Current Limit & Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Smart-converter is designed to enhance charging compatibility for smartphones which are powered through Micro USB connector and enables quick charge for your device. It may also be used with PC or USB wall charger.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 1.25 inches, 2 inches, 1.25 inches
The Satechi USB Cigarette Adapter is your solution to charging your devices on the go. Now, you never have to worry about your mobile device running out of power while you're on the road. Simply place the USB Cigarette Adapter in in the cigarette port of your car, insert your USB charging cable to the USB port, and you now have a convenient way to charge your device.
2100mA PowerWith 2100mA power, the USB Cigarette Adapter can support most USB powered devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android Phones & Tablets, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, etc.
Included Smart-ConverterThe USB Cigarette Adapter also features a smart-converter, which is designed to enhance charging compatibility for smartphones which are powered through Micro USB connector and enables quick charge for your device. It may also be used with PC or USB wall charger.
LED Indicator LightThe included blue LED indicator light confirms whether the USB charger is properly connected.
Top Customer Reviews
The only real complaints I have with this product are that 1) it only has the one USB port, and 2) the spec says this is only a 1.2A charger, though that is at least enough to get the Galaxy Tab to increase charge with the screen at full brightness and the GPS and data connections running. I eventually replaced the charger with a much bulkier one that had both a 2.1A output and a (standard) 0.5A output because I wanted the ability to charge two devices at once and maximize charging current more than I wanted the low-profile design, but I kept using the Satechi adapter to be able to get my tablet to recognize the high-current port on the other charger at all (the Edo adapters were thick enough to block the second port). Note that I am relying on stated specs for this; I did not actually perform charge time experiments on both chargers.
Wishlist: the ability to purchase the adapter separately from the charger, as it has a very nice form factor and works perfectly. A fifth star would have been awarded if the charger itself had 2A output and a second port, even if it had become slightly thicker as a result.
The smart converter that comes with the unit is simply a USB extender that plugs into the back of the unit. I assume it crosses/connects some of the conductor wires to simulate a different/faster type of charger. Look around on amazon and you will find some people modifying their chargers to accomplish this same task. Handy and elegant to have this available out of the box with a simple little plug.
Silver part of the unit is a heavy duty handle that swings out to pull the unit from the car lighter
included "Smart Converter" see above
cool led color changing light
LED light is a bit bright when it turns green at night, but I dim my dash lights anyway, so thats probably just me.
Now... the important parts. These points are particularly important if your smartphone has trouble with charge speed / efficiency while using a car charger:
1. 1.2A Power - 2.1A would have been nice, but it's more than enough to keep up with my GNex.
2. The included "Smart Converter." This solves a problem so many smartphone owners experience. By effectively shorting the data lines in the charging cable, it puts the phone in "AC Mode." Without this Smart Converter, the phone stays in USB mode and charges vastly slower, no matter how much power your source is outputting. If you've ever connected your phone to a PC, you know how slowly it charges in USB Mode. The Smart Converter can even be used with PC USB ports and USB chargers.
I've tried other chargers that don't "trick" the phone into AC Mode and they don't provide enough power to keep up with a GNex running GPS and 4G. I tested this charger / converter combo tonight on my way home from Wegmans. Here are the results:
- In 18 minutes, the battery gained 8%
- The phone was running Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 4G. Screen sleep was disabled and Ingress was actively running the whole time.
That's good enough for me to be happy with this product for $10. If it fails in the first few months, I'd probably even give it one or two more tries before deciding it's junk and changing this review.
There's not much to say. The item is well-designed, but it seems poorly manufactured. I was very excited about it. It was actually a replacement to another charger that broke, and it seemed like an upgrade more than a replacement. It is low profile, doesn't have any wild, gaudy LEDs (just a subtle logo that lights up), and it has a convenient little handle.
All that to say... none of it matters when the item breaks less than a month after using it. Even worse– I rarely touched it (i.e. I wasn't plugging and unplugging it; it simply sat in my car's socket). When I went to remove it one, it feel to pieces. The little "head ring" broke off, and the metal conductor cap came free. There was no way to use it anymore. Just like that, it was kaput! And... just like that, it gets two stars from me.
I uploaded images of the broken unit, and here are links to two other chargers that I ordered:
- Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro (http://www.amazon.com/review/R29YHUZ96XEPWO/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm)
- PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car Charger (http://www.amazon.com/review/R2YR6HZ9QUY7OB/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm)
The Griffin Powerjolt seemed to be a fraud, but I ended up trying the PowerGen rather than replacing the Griffin. The PowerGen ended up being great, and I still have it and use it. It's great! A little more money, but... in the end... "you get what you pay for" I guess.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So, there's nothing wrong per se with this product. It charges with ease. However, I'm giving it 3 stars because it said it fit my 2013 335ix. Guess what? It doesn't. Read morePublished 11 days ago by J. Forest Kelly
It works for what it is but not for what I wanted to use it for which was for an alternate plug for a usb via aux to power a Bluetooth connector. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Garrett C.
Amazing! The product looks great in my BMW. The blue light is a nice touch also!Published 1 month ago by jocee
I would give 5 stars if I could close the lid with this installed on my BMW M3. I ended up buying another smaller cig lighter charger.Published 1 month ago by Eric FUller
It is slim and looks nice, but i doubt they are able to charge at 2amps. It takes my phone a very long time to charge fully using this adaptor.Published 1 month ago by Anthony S.