Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Satechi USB Portable Amazing Humidifier v.1
|Price:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Please note: Updated versions 2.5 (regular size) and 3.0 (mini size) can secure onto bottles to prevent spills. Search for Satechi USB Portable Humidifier v.3 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J3AX6NQ)
- Provides relief to cold and flu symptoms, and adds moisture to air in the immediate area
- Use with cold water as a mister during hot days
- Houses a soft, relaxing blue mood light
- US patent pending
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Satechi USB Portable Humidifier provides a soothing environment at home, the office or traveling. To use, fill a bottle with purified water, place the humidifier into the opening, making sure the filter is submerged in water, & plug the humidifier into a USB port for instant comfort. To turn it off, unplug it or wait until it automatically shuts off after 8 hours. You can then refill the bottle and plug the humidifier into a USB port to turn it back on.
Please note: Due to customer suggestions, we have updated the USB Portable Humidifier into versions 2.5 (regular size) and 3.0 (mini size). These new versions can now secure onto bottles to prevent spills. Please search for Satechi USB Portable Humidifier v.3.
Provides relief to cold, cough, & flu symptoms, itchy dry skin, congested sinuses, chapped lips, & headaches by adding moisture to dry air.
When used with cold water, the humidifier acts as a mister to cool you off.
Add liquid fragrances or essential oils to the water for the ultimate relaxing environment.
This environmentally-friendly humidifier reuses bottles & has a low power output of 2 watts.
Convenient to use anytime, anywhere, the Satechi USB Portable Humidifier is a personal-use humidifier that is small enough into a purse, laptop bag, or suitcase & affects an area of 16.4sq.ft.
Included are 2 filters & a USB cable. To assemble the humidifier, simply insert the end of the filter into the underside of the humidifier. Every 2 weeks, clean the nozzle of the humidifier with a cotton swab moistened with vinegar to keep it free of dirt and minerals. Powered by USB 2.0 & 3.0.
Please note: Bottles not included. Sets atop most bottles as well as other containers. Use this portable humidifier with a container you have on hand.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Powered by a mini USB cable (included) this small humidifier can be attached to a standard small water bottle and with the included filters, it shoots out a constant jet of mist. By making this USB-powered, it can be used almost anywhere from your bedside to your car. Heck, I plugged it in to a portable USB battery pack and it worked just fine. It also has a blue LED "mood light" - whether this is a pro or a con will be subjective to personal tastes.
WHAT I LIKE
- Simple and effective.
- Can be used with cold water as a mister on hot days
- Two filters included
- Can be used for aromatherapy (couple of drops of essential oils in the water)
- Has a limited range, but works for one person very nicely
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other options
- Automatic shut-off after 8 hours
WHAT I DON'T LIKE
- I had trouble finding a water bottle that it would fit properly on. Underneath it has threads to screw down as a cap would, but so far I have found that am off-brand water bottle is the only one that it works with (tried five including the latter). Many water-bottles are using a plastic-saving, earth-friendly design, and the humidifier will only sit on top of these, NOT secure at all.
- USB Cable was a tad short for safe use
- LED light has no off-switch (i.e. you're stuck with the "mood lighting")
- Water bottles aren't exactly the most sturdy of things. Spills are a concern.
TO MAKE THIS A FIVE-STAR PRODUCT
I really think that a water container should be included with this product, even if it meant the price going up a few dollars. I do NOT feel safe with this resting on top of bottles without screwing down, and as I mentioned, it's getting hard to find the right bottles. On top of issues with fitting, water bottles are not known for their upright abilities - having this near a phone or computer is simply too much of a risk. I have added an image in the Customer Images section showing a simple hard-plastic add-on that would honestly take this from good to great!
This is a great piece of tech, and pretty reasonably priced. Used with essential oils, it is my new favorite scent diffuser, and it definitely puts out enough vapor for one person to get decent relief from those dry winter months. Given the design issues I mentioned, I would probably rate this at around 3.75/5, however I have rounded up to four stars. With the extra add-on of a hard plastic receptacle for water, this would be a five-star product, no questions asked.
Make sure you pick up some extra filters, and make sure they're jammed in there tightly! I though mine was defective until I gave the filter an extra shove. Recommended with a few reservations.
Update: well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Satechi's customer service had read my review in full and responded to some of the points I mentioned!
1) Apparently Evian is the best brand for a secure fit. This is definitely good to know, and I will give it a shot next time I go to the store.
2) My suggestion for a hard plastic water receptacle was forwarded to a higher up for consideration, this was very nice to hear!
Though this doesn't change my star rating (at least, not yet) it IS very nice to see a company that listens for a change!
My first unit did fail after a month or so of very limited use, and I contacted the company for cleaning instructions, thinking that perhaps there was a mineral buildup. They responded immediately with a few trouble-shooting tips. When I explained that those had not worked, they shipped me a brand new unit and included a label to return the one that had failed. I have had no problems with the replacement unit.