Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Saturday Night Live - The Best of Eddie Murphy” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 63% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Saturday Night Live - The Best of Eddie Murphy
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I don't understand why this DVD collection is at least not a verbatim copy of the VHS cassette. They could of then added extras to it and hailed it as something special. I'm sure there would have been enough space on the DVD to incorprate all of the VHS cassette and then some extras making it a DVD worth having.
As it stands I now have to buy the original VHS cassete in order to enjoy my favourite sketches of Eddie Murphy. Thereby having good video quality (DVD) alongside an outdated format of inferior quality (VHS) and paying double the money.
I'm pretty sure Eddie Murphy had nothing to do with the production of this DVD he probably does not own the rights to his SNL years.I find it an insult to him and to the consumer not to give the public the best possible product which in this day and age is possible.
I regret having bought the DVD version and had I known sketches were missing I would not have purchased it at all.
I also didn't read any reviews as I assumed I was getting the same product that was put on vhs years ago. Instead I got scammed. What's even worse is the "bonus scene" is the Opie Cunningham interview which was already on the original vhs. Please explain how this is a bonus.
I was furious when the movie ended. The least they can do is put out a part 2. I thought I was buying the Cadillac of comedy. Instead I got the Ford Pinto of crap.
Ok, this is a reissue of this DVD and it is missing so many skits from the original that it isn't even funny. Just a few of the missing skits:
1. Kill the white people.
2. There are NO Gumby skits.
3. There is only one Mr Robinson's Neighborhood skit where there should have been three.
4. White people slavery town with Stevie Wonder.
There are more, but I can't name them all. If you can find the ORIGINAL buy it and buy it quickly. You will laugh until you wet yourself. You will remember what the golden age of SNL was really about. Don't waste your money on this poor imitation.
1) The Eddie Murphy "Ronald Reagan is my father" skit, which has Murphy pleading for his father to return, talking about how the last time he saw him was when he asked him to get some cereal, and he never came back.
2) Where Eddie Murphy interviews Ron Howard about his new movie, but Murphy can't get over that Ron Howard once played Opie on The Andy Griffiths Show, frustrating Howard.
3) Where Eddie Murphy and Stevie Wonder do a commercial for something called similar to Plantation Land, where people can go and pick cotton, being treated like slaves.
4) A talent show at a veterans post, with Tyrone and his Reggae Band, where Eddie Murphy plays the lead singer singing some hilarious lines I probably can't mention here, so I won't, but it would also ruin the humor. but let's just say the crowd is mad, and starts to leave. Murphy manages to both show the honesty in reggae music, and also make fun of reggae itself.
5) Popeil's Galactic Prophylactic, a superstrong condom that can last decades and be passed down generation to generation. ultra-hilarious.
So the DVD version is funny, but it's too bad they couldn't find room for these. rather disappointing. The DVD is still worth getting, but try finding a copy of the videotape.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Eddie Murphy is considered by many to be the best Saturday Night Live castmember of all time and one of the funniest comedians ever to walk on stage. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mark J. House
Eddie Murphy keeps you laughing in this CD. He really had his funny moments while on SNL.Published 6 months ago by Needlelady
Hilarious and entertaining. Eddie Murphy is a class act. I love this dvd and would recommend it to any and everyone.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer