BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 11, 2013
I was puzzled after downloading the video as it was clearly missing a lot of funny contents that I vaguely remember from the original, but not especially well--that's why you buy old episodes of SNL, isn't it? Then I noticed that this is a very common problem with SNL episodes and apparently, they are edited down by NBC before they become available on amazon.com. Is this because of some kind of copyright issue? Are full contents available on other outlets? (e.g. Hulu plus--I'm not one of their members, so I don't know if they have any more contents than amazon.com does.) I'm just flabbergasted that this sort of thing happens and I firmly think that something ought to be done about this, to get NBC to release full contents, not castrated ones. I will add that, as always, amazon.com customer service was really cool about the situation, which is really to their credit.
on August 8, 2017
I got this one because of the regina spektor performance. Unfortunately, I assumed it would be included. It was not. Just Drew Barrymore and a bunch of not too funny skits (except for the tampax one, it was funny)
on November 22, 2009
As stated in other reviews, the monologue was cut out and this was not made clear up front. What is an SNL episode without the monologue?

But the biggest frustration was trying to watch the streaming episode - the quality was horrible. I'm on a Mac, so streaming was my only option. I have a 20mbps connection, and watch streaming content from other sites a lot without any problems.

Amazon needs to work on their streaming quality. The stuttering audio connection was hard on my ears and very annoying. There were skips in the audio and the video, and sometimes the audio was lost altogether. I could not find any control allowing me to increase the buffer, so there was nothing to do but try to rewind on the spots where the stuttering was so bad that I could not understand what the actors were saying. Sometimes that helped, sometimes it didn't.

Too bad - it looked like a fun episode. I'm just glad I didn't really have to pay for it because it was covered by a promotional credit from another purchase. Otherwise, I'd be asking for my money back.

PS: I'm not generally this disgruntled - this is my first bad review for Amazon. I love their mail-order and mp3 download services. They just need to work on this new feature so the quality is on a par with their other services.
on June 19, 2010
I purchase this SNL episode mainly because I very much enjoyed Joseph Gordon-Levitt's opening song and dance number. It's the highlight of the show. And yet after I downloaded it, I noticed it wasn't included. This episode is only 49 minutes instead of the normal 57 minutes. It is missing the first 8 minutes. Why is Amazon selling incomplete episodes of SNL without stating that there are portions missing? If you are expected a full episode for your money, you will be disappointed. You have been warned.
on March 6, 2017
Love Gerard Butler
on January 7, 2010
The monologue is included in this video, but I didn't see any of her performances. It's just the monologue, which was hilarious, and her skits. I would give it 5 stars, but i also wanted her singing performances too. you'd think that when you buy the episode, it would include the whole episode with the song performances. And if you are using an NBC TV promotion code, it might not work. I had 30 dollars worth on my account only for NBC TV shows, but this didn't count. Don't know why although it says NBC for Saturday Night Live, but I guess the episode was worth 1.99.
on June 20, 2014
Betty White is one of the funniest people I know. Her comedy in this episode is absolutely hysterical, and I love that most of her jokes are sexual. A true comedian, everyone needs to watch this episode. One of the greatest, and I love that many of the old cast members come back just for Betty White.
on April 14, 2015
This episode is my favorite. The only problem .is you can't download to PC for viewing offline. I own copy why do I have to watch on website or go and buy ANOTHER electronic device when I have several that is cabable?
on February 9, 2016
January Jones' "Gassy" portrayal of Grace Kelly is so hilarious, I purchased the episode just for that skit!
on June 21, 2011
I wish I had checked the customer reviews before I made this purchase, but I foolishly assumed that in paying for this episode I would be getting the whole thing. I also bought it solely because I wanted to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt's reenactment of "Make 'Em Laugh." Why this is not included I cannot understand. Very disappointing.