Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saucony Men's Kinvara 3 Running Shoe,Blue/White/Orange,10.5 M US
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: 10.5 D(M) US|Color: Blue / White / Orange|Change
Price:$74.99 - $152.48

on June 13, 2012
I purchased this shoe after running in New Balance MT10's (the Minimus line trail shoe) proved too hard on my feet. I loved that shoe at shorter distances, but when running longer distances my feet would develop painful blood blisters. After trying all sorts of solutions (socks, body glide, etc.) I decided I needed something with a bit of cushion for my longer runs. I also have a wide foot which limits my options, so I was very excited that now Saucony offers this shoe in wide.
I LOVE this shoe. I run 20+ miles a week in these (with at least one 10+mile run on the weekend) and I have not had any foot issues whatsoever. The 4mm heel-toe drop allows me to maintain my natural running form and the cushion provides a comfortable run even at med-long distances. The upper is very breathable and keeps my feet cool and comfortable even here in sunny Florida. I have read many reviews from experienced runners who have gone marathon distances and more in these shoes with no issues. I haven't reached that yet, but I hope this will be the shoe to help me get there.
I found this shoe to run true to size for me.
77 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
I had the Kinvara 2's in a size 12 and they were always a little snug and narrow for my foot. They were still my everyday runner though, absolutely love them. Thought I'd have the same problem with these but there nicely updated with a bigger toe box and fit perfectly now. You can't go wrong with these for the mid foot striker.
on October 26, 2012
After years of trying different types of running shoes to get back to regular exercise, and finding all manner of bio-mechanical issues along the way, I have finally found a shoe that allows running without pain in my shins and plantar fascia. I have recently tried shoes like the Kinvara 2 and two variations of Nike Free, all of which have a 4-5 mm drop from toe to heel. This allows an easing into the barefoot running style. The Kinvara 3 are my favorite!
PRO:
-extremely lightweight
-comfortable from the start
-roomier toe-box than the Kinvara 2
CON:
-I personally like the colors and design, but you may not. To each his own!
-for functionality, it is hard to find a CON

I now run pain-free 15-20 miles a week. I followed others' advice about easing into this style of running shoe: you will be more on your toes, or do more of a flat strike than the rocking heel to toe motion of traditional shoes with their higher heel to toe drop. I initially felt more of a workout for my calf and quadricep muscles but after a month, am now acclimated to the running style. The best part: no shin splints and no debilitating pain from my arches!
I am not racing and certainly would get passed by others who are more fleet-footed, but I am running in these Kinvara 3's to lose weight (20+ lbs in 5 months) and get healthier. I started in Nike Free shoes and now alternate between them and these Kinvara 3's. I find myself picking up the Kinvaras more often.
Whatever your reasons for trying these shoes, I send my best wishes for pain-free running and better health!
on May 6, 2013
I'm not a running pro but I do get in about 1000 miles a year. I've used just about every brand but when it comes to running on paved roads/paths, I stick with Saucony. These Kinvara 3s are light, supportive, breathable, and comfortable.

The only thing is that the Saucony brand runs small. I wear size 10 for just about every shoe but when I buy Saucony, I order 10.5.
on April 25, 2013
I've been running in New Balance MR00s for about 4 months, but I wanted to get another pair of running shoes with a little more cushion to save my legs on longer runs (10+ miles). My one requirement was that they had to have a small (or zero) heel-to-toe differential. I really wanted the Saucony Virratas since they're a zero drop running shoe, but they were too narrow for my feet and are not available in widths.

So instead, I went for the Kinvara 3 (size 10.5) in a 2E width, since they're only a 4mm heel-to-toe differential. Unfortunately, even the 2E was too narrow for my feet. They felt comfortable at first, and had the perfect amount of cushion I was looking for. Also worth mentioning, the blue/citron color scheme looks great (it's also the only color scheme the wide size comes in as of now). But after about an hour of wearing them, both of my pinky toes went numb...the shoes were just too narrow and my toes were being squeezed. To offer a comparison, my other running shoes are: New Balance MR00 (size 10.5 2E), Merrell Bare access (size 10.5, regular width), and Nike Vomero 5 (size 10.5, normal width).

Bottom line: if you're looking for a running shoe with a minimal heel-to-toe differential, decent cushioning, and you have relatively narrow/normal feet, these would be good shoes for you. But if you're looking for something with a wider toe box to allow your toes room to splay, you may want to look elsewhere.
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2014
As the saying goes, nothing new on race day. Well, I wore these out of the box for a marathon upon first fit. There is siimply not a better running shoe than the Saucony Kinvara line. Now, I was a much bigger fan of the Kinvara (original) but these 3s were a fine upgrade when the originals just couldn't go any more miles. The basics: super light, mesh upper, road-style traction, 4mm drop. I switched out to Lock Laces, but I do that with all my running shoes, regardless of brand or style (road or trail).

The 500 miles that I put on these shoes consisted of road marathons, road and track training, trail 50ks, and 1/2 of a trail 50 miler (they were my go-to shoe when my regular trail shoes got too trashed). Now, these don't have trail traction on them, so only use them as a trail shoe at your own risk or if you know what you're doing. With these now retired, I have switched to the Kinvara Trail model for long distance trail races.

By now, the Kinvara 4s and even 5s are out on the market, but if you can grab a pair of these on the cheap, then I highly recommend it. I know the outlet stores still have them, or you may find a pair or two right here on Amazon like I did! From a seasoned ultra-runner, you cannot go wrong with Saucony Kinvaras!
on May 18, 2013
I am a half marathon runner built as a sprinter. It is necessary for me to have a shoe that is lightweight and somewhat minimal, but also has good support and cushion. I give the Kinvara five stars because it is the first shoe that I've had that met all my expectations for weight, stability, breatheability. I typically run outdoors 3-5 miles a day, 4-8 when training for a race and this shoe has held up to the mileage. The material of the shoe is thin and very vented in the front. I can feel air moving through it while I run. The shoe laces are just the right length and I am able to tie them at the appropriate tightness without them feeling too loose or too tight, which hurts. I originally ordered a different color, but they didn't have them in my size so I went with Black/Slime. The shoes are much cooler looking when you take them out of the box than the picture depicts. They have a sort of metallic/rainbow sheen that looks really cool reflected in the sun. The sole of the shoe has good traction and doesn't have recesses like my old Reebok running shoes. When running on gravel, those shoes would pick up small rocks and I'd have to stop to pop them out. I don't have anything negative to say about the shoes at this time. Happy Running!
on June 23, 2013
Before I purchased these, I was running in the Saucony Hurricane stability shoe with custom inserts. They were really heavy, so I eventually switched the custom inserts into a pair of Brooks Ravenna 3 stability shoes. But in either shoe, everytime I pushed past 15 miles of roadwork in a week, one of my knees starting to hurt -- good 'ol runner's knee. So I did my research (read Born to Run, etc.) and learned about the new theories on barefoot and minimalist running and started practicing with some short barefoot runs to change my running technique and then bought these shoes to help in a transition to more of a midfoot strike.

I really like these shoes -- lightweight, flexible and help me adapt to a midfoot strike, but still offer a bit of support and protection for when my form isn't so great. I've been running in these shoes for slightly over two months now, and despite giving up all the support and stability and custom arch supports, etc. I haven't had any foot or knee problems. I would definitely pick up another pair if I can still find them -- or look into the new Kinvara 4's.

As with most Saucony running shoes, you should probably get them a half size bigger...
on March 21, 2013
I tried the 2s and they were much too narrow! 3 are amazing! I use them for my shorter runs and speed work. I've tried every company on the market,....saucony is where it's at people! They truly research and update their shoes...not just change the colors and call it a new shoe! I also run in truimph 10 and contana 2! Love saucony!
on January 19, 2013
Light, Sturdy, Comfortable. Order one size up. Enjoy.

Pros:
Excellent, well built running shoe.

Cons:
Not available in any color scheme that doesn't look like a Transformer.

See 1 answered question