Customers also viewed these products
Customers also considered
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- Don't let anyone stand in the way of your win. Feel the pure elation as the tape breaks across your chest, when you race in the dynamically lightweight Grid Type A5 racing flat from Saucony®!
- Update to the Grid Type A4, SKU# 7645202.
- An ultralightweight racing flat.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Ultralightweight Flex Film overlays helps reduce weight without compromising lock-down.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
- Soft textile lining offers a great next-to-skin feel.
- SSL (Saucony Super Lite) EVA optimizes rebound and durability while maintaining a light weight.
- Midsole Differential: 4mm.
- XT-LITE™ rubber outsole material offers lightweight cushioning and grip.
- XT-900™ carbon rubber outsole material delivers exceptional traction and long-lasting wear.
- Weight: 7 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Saucony is among the most respected names in running shoes. They offer a wide range of running and walking shoes, each with the Saucony trademark fit, feel, and performance. They've spent years studying the biomechanics of top athletes because the goal is to develop creatively engineered systems that maximize your performance, allowing you to focus on the activity instead of the equipment. From studies have come many innovative Saucony concepts. Advanced technologies like Grid, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system, provide an advantage to athletes of all types.
- Package Dimensions : 11.8 x 7 x 4.6 inches; 5.42 Pounds
- Item model number : Grid Type A5-M
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : April 25, 2012
- Manufacturer : Saucony
- ASIN : B006NYNTGY
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,438,156 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This makes it a perfect choice for those 5K and 10K races and also longer distances for fore/midfoot runners who need less shoe cushioning.
Before you hit the "add to cart" button however, also keep in mind that the features that make this shoe close to a perfect racing flat make it less suited as a daily trainer:
- The very thin upper helps to make this shoe ultra light and breathable, but it consists of only 2 mesh layers very comparable to the 1st gen. Kinvara, of which many people complained having early tearing on the side of the shoe and above the big toe. Saucony addressed this issue by giving subsequent Kinvaras 3 mesh layers. Again, this is not the case for the Grid Type A5 -- so keep those toe nails trimmed :)
- The drainage/ventilation holes in the sole are little rock grabbers and make the A5 unpleasant for running on wet surface.
- These are fairly narrow shoes and run on the small side
- Minimalist runners: Heel-to-toe drop is 4mm, not 0mm (like e.g. the Saucony Hattori)
The Grid Type A5 are near perfect racing flats, but they are not designed as durable enough to be a firmer and lower ride alternative to the Saucony Kinvara for mid- and forefoot runners. Don't expect these shoes to last long.
Highly recommended as racing flat.
EDIT Aug. 2013
The A5s are lasting longer than I thought (despite having been used for all my races, including marathon) and are still my favorite running shoes. Upgraded review to 5 stars!
A zero heel-to-toe drop version of these would be awesome.
For a racing flat, it is amazing. It has a nice firm feel, keeps you flat and close to the ground, and drains and drys out quickly for those races on rainy days. The toebox is plenty wide and is perfect for a midfoot or forefoot striker.
This is the second pair of these shoes that I have bought and I will continue to buy them as a racing flat as long as Saucony makes them. The only thing that prevents me from making this a "5 star" review is that they do wear out quite quickly.
Top reviews from other countries
Bin aber mit 66 kg ein ehr leichterer Läufer.