Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 559 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 602 reviews
on July 3, 2014
In high school I was a cross country and track star and I always had light weight running shoes like racing flats. I am a long way from that kind of shape and time period. I wear heavy boots 42 hours a week at work walking on concrete. It is enjoyable to wear light sneakers outside of work. These shoes are the lightest ones I have ever had and very comfortable. I have ran in them and walked in them, walked the streets in them, gone on to my everyday life in them. Also good outside in the yard they are very very good at not tracking mud and yard debris into the house as the bottom is a light foam material that mud has a big problem sticking to. Also price bought at the time was 40 bucks under the price of the same shoes at a common lower cost shoe store. The laces rarely come untied and they slip on and off easily without damaging the shoe. That habit killed my last shoe.
Update *this started in July" 9-9-14
These shoes still are comfortable but top material is torn right above the small toe on both feet. These will most likely be retired soon as the tearing makes them not attractive. I still love them and would buy again at a low price. Dropped a star due to poor durability. Then again if you are a road warrior this should not be a problem. It is good to change shoes after 400 miles or a year of wear for healthy feet.

I thank you to all the reviewers who reported tearing in these sneakers. If we got more updated or time trialed reviews Amazon would be a much better place. I have another household item that never lasts long and some of them have five star and 100 or more reviews without any updates or a review from a person who has used it for more than a month and that is disgusting. Please check the "was this review helpful" boxes more too and save people from wasting money on junk. So many reviews including many of mine are not helpful and I am going to fix mine soon.
review image review image
on May 22, 2013
I wouldn't buy these shoes unless you are an experienced runner and know what a lighter shoe can mean in terms of minimal support. This isn't a bad thing but if you need cushion and compensation for pronation issues this probably isn't the shoe for you.

If your body (joints) is accustom to a minimal design and neutral support this shoe is really awesome. This is my second pair of Kinvara. I had the 3 before so the 4 has some minor changes in tread and a different mesh fabric for the upper.
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2015
These are really nice running shoes. I run several times a week and wanted a comfortable pair of shoes that would handle anywhere between 5 and 20 miles a week without wearing out in a a few months. These have surpassed my expectations. The soles of the shoes are still in pretty good shape and are not separating from the shoe upper as some of my previous pairs from other manufacturers have. The price is not that bad either considering the quality of shoe you are getting. I will say that the mesh or webbing on the side of the shoe by the toe box seems to tear easily after some wear from your toe rubbing on it. Saucony seems to have corrected the issue in the newer models of this shoe as I have bought a pair of the newer model and there is a solid covering now around the toe box. Overall, if you are looking for good performance and quality from a shoe for a light (couple miles a week) to medium (several 5-10 milers a week) distant runner, these shoes will do the job.
on December 25, 2014
When they arrived, these shoes were extremely attractive and light, and my son reported that they were just as comfortable as his previous New Balance running shoes. However, after only a few months of moderate use (i.e. wearing as daily school shoes, not for exercise or physical labor), the uppers began to separate from the soles and holes developed over his big toe on one shoe and on the lateral side of the other shoe. Since my son is still growing quickly, we very rarely have to replace shoes due to wear, and in fact, his prior shoes had very few sites of actual wear when we replaced them because they were too small. Unfortunately, for shoes with a relatively expensive retail price, they lack quality in craftsmanship and in materials, and I cannot recommend purchasing this item, even for light use.
on March 9, 2016
I have been running on Kinvaras for the past 4 seasons I think Every version of this model I've tried (starting with the 3s) are quality shoes, but there was something about the way the 4s feel on my particular feet with my particular stride that's just right. Many reviews say that the 5/6/7 have improved on these. Go try them. I did. Maybe you'll like them better. After not finding anything as good as these for me the past two years, I bought a pair of 4s here. I plan to race at least one marathon in them this year. Favorite shoe of all time.
on December 12, 2014
I run about 80 miles per month. A few years ago I began to switch from more traditional shoes (Wave Rider) to a zero drop or barefoot style. The transition took some time, but it was worth it for me. The only problem was that on longer runs I tend to fall back on to my heals after about 5 miles. After dropping to my heals with minimalist shoes I started to have some hip and knee pain so I tried Saucony Kinvaras as a compromise and I love them.
They are light, so light they almost mimic a minimalist shoe. With a 4mm heal they have just enough padding to solve my tendency to drop back on to my heals. The tow box is a little more narrow than I expected. I normally wear a 9. When I buy my next pair I'll probably move to a 9.5 or 9-wide. Durability is good; with 400+ miles on the shoes they are still holding up well. I'll most definitely buy again and again. I keep a minimalist shoe and a trail running shoe as well, but I put more miles on the Kinvaras than the other two combined.
on September 15, 2015
It has been years in the making to find the perfect fitting shoe. Now just because this shoe fits me does not mean it is perfect for you. Right, that should be common knowledge. I have bought this show for the past 3 generations and will continue to as long as they produce it. So for this review I will post why I enjoy the shoe and if your reasons are similar, give'em a try.

Lightweight, Extremely lightweight, just some foam and nylon. No need for heavy, clunky shoes. I tried five fingers and wanted just a bit more cushioning for my longer runs. These are the perfect step up from a minimalist shoe.

Low profile, I think the heel raise is only 15mm or something really small. Check the specs if you want to nerd out, but what it means for me as a runner is that my foot is nearly flat and easier to strike the ground with the for upper pad of my feet rather than the infamous heel strike.

Flexible, Just as I stated above, just some nylon and foam. So the shoe can adjust to the road and impact you place upon it. Very comfortable and loads of toe box room for your tootsies to move around in.

Good luck, chest back and chin up!
on March 20, 2014
I've worn Saucony before but not necessarily brand loyal. I've logged 4 short runs for a total of 14.7 miles on primarily hilly terrain. The shoe was initially a touch too snug and the arch support irritated my left foot but after a change to a thinner sock the shoe fits and wears incredibly well. The top cover is extremely thin but repels moisture well and you don't feel the cold at all. The best aspect of the shoe is that it is extremely light weight, so much so that you barely even notice it at all and, mentally, that's a huge selling point for me. However, I have had some slight discomfort in my right shin. I'll update my review in a few weeks after my first Ragnar of the year.

UPDATE: (added 1-star) The discomfort was due to a sore/weak calf muscle and some training and massaging fixed that and I don't feel any discomfort at all anymore. I just finished a 15.7, 3-leg Ragnar Trail race and they held up splendidly; although I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as the go-to shoe for trail running as you'll definitely need more ankle support and a thicker sole. Also, I wore a pair of balega socks for one leg and the socks were slightly too thick with this shoe, you may want to look into a thinner Swiftwick sock.
on November 1, 2014
I'm not the most experienced runner but I have been training consistently the last few years trying out for various police military programs. Naturally I wanted a versitale running shoe that could handle distance runs and short sprints as for my stats. I'm 6'3 weight 270lbs and have a mixed muscular/bf build. I'm not your average runner I over pronate and my running style is POSE running.

Sprint work the kinvaras work well. They're light weight and I feel a good peel when I run. I am an over pronator and still has nice cushion they don't feel heavy or anything

Distance runs- here lies my real issue running a 5k they're find but go over that they start to feel flat and hammering on my feet. They don't get heavy they're lightweight but they feel flimsy on distance runs.

Fit - they fit slightly tight at the toe box but I wear a size 13 my feet are a tad wider so possibly due to that

Durability - these shoes are terrible. My first pair ripped within two weeks Amazon replaced them thank god but they cost me over $110 at the time and to rip after 10miles you have to be kidding me. The second pair have lasted a good while (4months) running about 10-12miles a week but they immediately began to rip in the upper mesh by my pinky toes.

In all honesty I like saucony I've had several running shoes and generally rate their quality as "good" but these shoes design I feel are lacking compared to the Kinvara 2 the shoes I wore before. They have fallen apart on me. I'm going to switch to another brand after these are done. I'm still seeking a good shoe for someone like me that runs. So any one has suggestions Plz let me know
on August 14, 2014
I ran about 400-500 miles in the Saucony 1 and 2s. I skipped the 3's, and just recently bought the 4s. I bought the 4's because currently they are at reduced prices (got mine for 55 dollars). I guess they are on sale because they are now selling the 5's (or 6's, idk). Anyway, here are my impressions so far. For the 1's I bought size 9.5. I am usually that size with running shoes. I found 9.5 a little tight, and the shoes felt a little too soft for me. I also started to develop a weird painful feeling in my arches during long runs. I decided the 1's wouldn't work for the marathon I was training for, for that reason. I kept the 1's as a short distance shoe, and they were fine. I bought the 2's in size 10, and they were perfect. I've stuck with the 1's and 2's for the 400-500 miles, which has taken me about 2 years. I was coming up on a half, and decided to look around for new shoes. I found the 4's on sale, so bought them without trying them. Here is how I think they compare to the 1's and 2's. I have run about 15 miles (5k fast, 5 miles tempo, a few hilly runs). So the 4's and 2's are the same size, but the 4's are longer. The 4's are also more narrow than the 2's. My feet are narrow, so I don't mind them being more narrow, but them being longer affects my runs a bit. I don't think it's a deal breaker, but they aren't consistent with the 2's. The cushioning is firmer. Mind you, I am coming from 1s and 2s with 400+ miles on them. But I don't remember the 1s and 2s being as firm. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing yet, but I like more cushion. The 1s felt like too much squishy cushion, the 2s felt perfect. These def feel more rigid. They seem to be of better quality construction in the upper, but time will tell. Overall, I like the shoes. I would of prefered it if they felt more similar to the 2's, as they were my favorite running shoes ever. I guess time will tell. I'm going to run the half in 2 days with them because they have passed my "feel good" test. But if your familiar with the 1s and 2s, keep in mind what I said about the 4's in comparison. I hope this helps someone.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question