Customer Reviews: Saucony Men's Ride 7 Running Shoe
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

on November 3, 2014
I've had two or three pairs of every Saucony ride since the ride 3. I run over 2300 miles a year, mixed road and trails, including at least one ultra marathon a year. I'm a bigger runner, 6'3" and 225. This the only shoe I wear for road training and have run in numerous marathons with them. Great all around shoe.
on March 28, 2015
Both Saucony Ride 6 & 7 have a serious design flaw. After three months, my Ride 6 shoes split through the mesh at the toe; I sent them to Saucony. Saucony sent me a pair of Ride 7's. The Ride 7 has the EXACT same dual mesh system with a week under mesh--ready for another eventual toe split-through.

I TOLD Saucony that from the online photos I could see the Ride 7 had the same design flaw as the Ride 6 and to send a DIFFERENT replacement, which I clearly named. Saucony insisted on sending their new Ride 7's, which as stated have the same problem as the Ride 6. Be careful with the frontal toe area on the top of the shoe toward the tip of the dual mesh.

Further, I found the Ride 7's far more cushioned and concordantly LESS responsive than the Ride 6's. Yes, the Ride 7 is a fine shoe; the Ride 6 was just better. Thus other than the above, serious, defect, the Ride 7 works fairly well, seems well built on the sides and rear, and has a great tread pattern. I like the shoe, just not the silly, sorry, weak dual mesh upper.
review image
88 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2015
These are the first sauconys I've ever had. I've ran with asics, Nike, and brooks. The saucony ride 7 beats every one of them in comfort. I was surprised to feel how light they were on my feet. Slightly heavier than the Nike free, but not by much. The only downside to a lightweight shoe is that it doesn't give a whole lot of support. If you're looking for a shoe that is made strictly for great support, I don't think this is your shoe. If you're looking for a shoe with good support that is light on your feet, flexible, and comfortable, you can't go wrong here.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my Saucony ride 7s.
on August 6, 2014
I experiment with different running shoes as I like to try out different brands, technologies, heel to toe offset, etc. I recently purchased the Saucony Guide7s and was interested in trying out the Ride 7s; they both have an 8mm offset. First thing I noticed is how light the shoe is for a "trainer". I really don't like the feeling of bulk when I'm going for long runs in excess of 10 miles and this met that criteria right away. The upper material is top notch and the sole is well constructed; cushioned feel upon strike, but not pillowy. I love the color of this shoe (Orange/Red) more and the Fasttwitch 6s that I also own (also Orange). The lacing system is your standard fare and does the job. Good material/cushion on the tongue and around the heel. I definitely feel secure and comfortable. At this point I'm not sure if I like the Guides or these better since they are VERY close in feel and comfort. The Guide probably has a little bit of a stiffer ride, but not materially different (the arch on the bottom of the Guide has a plastic piece for support whereas the Ride does not). Overall I like the shoe.
on February 24, 2015
I had a pair of Ride 6's and loved them ran a 1/2 marathon in them, I'm 6feet and over 200lbs and not very fast, these shoes went through all training, long run Sunday's all of it!! So I decided I would buy a pair of ride 7's solely based on the fact I loved the ride6's- complelty different fit- lost road feel in this "updated" model. In addition to that the toe box has changed and almost puts more pressure on the ball of your feet, or even the Bridge- still a nuteral shoe, and they did-improve upon the soles durability, however they are more stiff and not at all like the Ride 6's. I had gone to a running store and had been fitted, I thought I could save some $$, but in the end better to buy what you know fits, then be sore and disappointed later! I will wear this show to work out in, hike in, but will leave the running to a different shoe
on November 22, 2015
I've been a runner (33 years) and a walker (last 10 years), and I've always been a loyal Nike customer. But I liked the way these shoes looked and I love the slanted heel, which I always look for when buying shoes. (The slanted heel helps with my knee pain.) Overall, I'm VERY well pleased with the Saucony shoes. My only complaint is that the soles seem harder than the ones on the Nike shoes. That makes them a little less comfortable than my Nikes for extended walking. I walk about 20 miles per week, and I would choose my Nikes for my regular walking shoes. However, I do love the Sauconys for casual wear. So very many of the Nike shoes come in colors and designs that (to me!) are just ugly! This pair of Sauconys looks great and works very well overall.
on August 22, 2016
I am pleased with about 70 miles on these shoes.
I have a wide foot with low arches. Saucony work well for me (this is my third pair). In most cases, I get 350 - 400 miles out of running shoes (~20 miles per week; 220lbs bodyweight). These shoes seem to be on track for that.
The shoes arrived quickly and were in decent shape. They appeared to have been worn (possibly the reason for mark down on pricing) with some scuffs and dirt on the bottoms. They were already laced up (which never happens). I was creeped out initially but got over it. They were in far worse shape after my first run in them.
The shoes are good value for the money.
on July 21, 2015
These are probably the best athletic shoes I have ever owned. I am not a runner but I do some mild trail walking and on an average day probably walk 2-3 miles. I bought my first pair from a local athletic shoe store because we were going to Colorado and were going to be doing some hiking. I was tired of buying from the big box stores and not getting something that fit right. I was surprised that I usually wore a size 9 and when I had these fit, they sold me a 10.5 They were comfortable right out of the box and are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. I was pleasantly surprised when I found them on Amazon for less than $70.00 when I had paid $120.00 for my first pair, so I ordered these and I love them. Just tossed out my Nike and Asics that I bought at the big box. Not bad shoes, just not as comfortable. Highly recommended even if you are not a runner, great shoes just for everyday wearing.
on October 3, 2015
My husband has taken up running for fitness. He started out in some old NIke basketball shoes he had, but I nagged him into getting proper running shoes. A local high end running store had him try on several different brands and models, and they settled on the Men's Ride 8. But, their price was so high, we had to wait to buy them.

After some poking around online to see if I could get a better deal, we tried the Ride 7 - and older version of the shoe he had liked in the store. At half the price, it was worth at least trying. He loves them!

They have good support and keep his feet much more comfortable when running. He has a tendency to trip and roll his ankles, but these shoes keep his foot much more stable. They breathe well, and are not too heavy. He is very happy with them!
on September 14, 2016
I'm a heavy guy who needs a lot of cushioning in my running (walking) shoes. Many years ago, following knee surgery, my doctor recommended Saucony shoes for my rehab. I wore them and loved them, so when I wanted a new pair this time, I bought these, not knowing much about their cushioning. These were, and still are comfortable to wear, and although I have newer shoes, I still wear these from time to time. The next pair of shoes that I purchase might well be Saucony, but with more forefoot padding. Overall, these have been great shoes!