|Fits as expected||
Saucony Men's Virrata Running Shoe
|Price:||$69.95 - $104.00 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Rubber sole
- Weight: 6.5 oz/184g
- 0mm heel-to-toe differential
- Quick-drying, breathable mesh
- Emphasizing natural movement with strategic cushioning
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Running shoe:
- Applications: part asphalt, part gravel & forest trail
- Training area: training oriented running
- Foot pronation:
- Neutral / light Uberpronation
- Walking style alignment:
- midfoot striker
- heel striker
- season: Whole Year Product
- Running shoe equipment:
- Combination type: standard lacing
- with reflectors: yes
- Outer sole:
- Profile: extremely abrasion resistant
- Material: EVA (Ethylene venyl acetate)
- standard heel shell
- standard tongue
- Weight 1 shoe: 184 g
- Weight per Pair: 368 g
- product specific size information: obviously smaller size
- Fit: comfortable cut
Saucony is among the most respected names in running shoes. We offer a wide range of running and walking shoes, each with the Saucony trademark fit, feel and performance. We've spent years studying the biomechanics of top athletes. Our goal? To develop creatively engineered systems that maximize your performance in your specific activity, allowing you to focus on the activity instead of the equipment. From our studies have come many innovative Saucony concepts. Advanced technologies-like Grid, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system--provide an advantage to athletes of all types.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0084ZCOQQ
- Item model number: Virrata-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 30, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
After a week of running in them I can't say they're a clear winner however, I feel the sole is too thick (i.e. soft) and would have preferred a ground feel that's more similar to the firmer feeling grid type A5 (which has a 12-16mm sole compared to 18mm end-to-end on Virrata). I also don't like the goofy (thump-y, a bit like gymnastic shoes) sound the soles makes on hard even surfaces, which Hattori owners will recognize. Durability of the upper mesh has been the biggest issue I've had with Kinvaras, not sure if the Virrata's 2-mesh design will be any better. It does feel more breathable and airy than the Kinvara's and certainly the Hattori's.
The difference between 4mm (Kinvara) and 0mm (Virrata) heel-to-toe drop is immediately noticeable feeling more natural, but I could also feel my calves getting tired at the end of a 21mi long run. Not sure what I prefer for those type of runs yet.
In short I think it's great to see Saucony continue to release minimalistic shoes in general and fill the gap between Hattori and Kinvara specifically, but the Virrata is too soft and cushiony for me. I would have preferred a beefed up version of the Hattori. Considering the commercial success of similar shoes to the Virrata (like Newton's MV2), I'm sure many others will prefer the softer ride for long runs.
EDIT June 2013: I retired a pair of these after about 500mi.Read more ›
**UPDATE** Unfortunately after only about 70 miles the middle layer mesh of the right shoe upper tear around the big toe area ... Returning it and probably be going back to Kinvara ...
**UPDATE 1** I have submitted my unfavorable review also on Saucony website - without asking for anything, Saucony contacted me and offered return/replacement ... Must say that I am impressed with their customer service.
Most every place I went to get fitted for the right running shoe said to buy the $30 insoles (which I did). I went to locally owned running store that bought out about 6 different shoes for me to try. These felt like clouds! I was shocked!
- Very reflective (I run about 4am and the streets are very poorly lit)
- Weight less than my bedroom slippers and feel just as good
- I DON'T NEED ADDITIONAL INSOLES WITH THIS SHOE! (Yup, dead serious. The insole in the shoe is PERFECT and my knees are fine after a 5 mile run)
- The price was almost half of what I would pay in the store
- I didn't know about these sooner
Instead of returning to my Kinvaras I think I'll migrate completely to the Virratas. The only slight negative in the Virratas is that the deeper tread picks up a lot more small rocks when running on dirt trails but that is to be expected and I wouldn't want the tread redesigned for that reason.
If, like me, you like your Kinvaras I think you will love the Virratas.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are some of the best training shoes I've ever owned. I've put a lot of milage on them at this point and plan on using them for some time to come. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Bryan B
This is the second pair we have bought for my husband. He is on his feet all day and then we walk/run twice a day with our dog. Love these shoes!Published 13 months ago by Patricia Higgins
Great shoes. Lasted me a year with extremely heavy use on concrete floor. The mesh held up really well while the concrete floor took a toll on the soles. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Alejandro Gonzalez
My son absolutely loves these shoes! No matter where are we going he wants to wear them. He has like 5 other pairs including Vans and he won't wear them unless I make him.Published 18 months ago by Ms. Joy
They are lightweight which was good, but they wore out very quickly and became uncomfortable. Would not purchase againPublished 18 months ago by review pro
The laces get untied every now and then and i had to always double laced them up.Published 18 months ago by NinjaEggrol
uncomfortable, little shape, very thin materials, were not what I expectedPublished 18 months ago by Samuel Blanco