Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saucony Originals Men's Shadow Original Sneaker
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on July 17, 2013
I ordered these shoes, received them in 3 days and couldn't be happier with them. They're a perfect fit, very comfortable, and look good. I was a competitive long distance runner in the 1960s & 70s, a casual runner in later decades and I know what I like in running shoes. But, I somehow got older and now, after having surviving some life threatening health issues, I'm mostly using these shoes for walking, light running, and casual wear. These shoes are not overbuilt nor underbuilt, nor overdesigned. They're lightweight, have very good support, the cushioning is just right, and they don't look complicated & gaudy.
I used Adidas in the 1960s, Nike in the 70s, then New Balance & Saucony from the 80s to the present. For the past 15 years I used mostly NB 990s and Saucony Shadow 6000s. Lately I've had problems of fit & comfort with New Balance. Now I'm back to Saucony and so far very happy with these Shadow Originals. It's an all around good shoe and the retro look is particularly nice.
on May 10, 2013
Thease are perfect running shoes and really big big thank you to all in Amazon. I was twice in surgery for my back and these are only and only one running shoes to help me when I'm walking or running..
on August 28, 2015
I was uncertain about whether these could actually be used as serious running shoes. I took a gamble and ordered them anyways instead of the modern Sauconys, and I couldn't be happier. They were inexpensive, look and feel plenty durable, have an awesome feel with support and padding in just the right places and even seem to promote good running form by forcing me up on the balls of my feet. They are not at all bulky or heavy, allowing me to strike softly, and give me enough support that I hardly even have to think about them during my 6 mile runs. I ordered my regular shoe size, and they fit just right. If the style suits you, I highly recommend these.
on November 9, 2014
I'm a retro runner enthusiast. I own several pairs of made-in-USA New Balance retrorunners such as the 1400s and 997's, which cost whopping 200+ dollars. Those shoes are my weekend shoes. I work in healthcare so I can't wear them out to work or in the rain. So I was looking for some beaters. I recently saw that Saucony retros were kind of getting "trendy". It looks like the company have started promoting their retro runners at high-end sneaker boutiques and started making exclusive collaboration lines called "elite" that was originally released for the Japanese market.

I tried these on Club Monaco and really liked them but they didn't have my size. Decided to order on amazon.

I usually wear 9.5 in NB USA retros, 10 in Vans Vault, and 42 or 43 in most European designer brands. 10 fits me well.
I'd say these are more comfortable than most Nikes (maybe except those frees but they provide little support) but definitely don't compete against higher numbered NB shoes like 1400, 1300, and 1500s. Also, the construction is obviously not as good.

One problem is that these shoes provide no traction in the rain. If you are walking on a linoleum floor, you will slide.
on February 9, 2015
what i received is not what I have booked, they are even different in color
review image
on February 1, 2016
I normally wear the Saucony Shadow 6000, but I decided to try the original Shadow. I am sorry that I did. The same size that is comfortable in the 6000 is too tight in the Original. My last time for this model.
on August 24, 2015
I used the Kivarna as a travel shoe. I can run in and I can walk in it and it does both well. But after running beaches and mountains with the shoe it came time to get another walking shoe. I wanted these as first they were on sale and Saucony has yet to let me down.
I ordered 4 pairs of different color and while I might not normally wear brighter colored anything. These shoes have been able to carry me up and down a New York street comfy and happy.
on August 3, 2015
I had a pair of these before & I must say they were by far the MOST comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. So I got these for my husband for his bday & he 💚s them. They fit perfect & offer lots of support & cushion on both the bottom & the top. I'm ordering another pair for sure!
on July 27, 2016
I now own 5 pairs of Saucony shoes (bought on Amazon) and I love every pair. I did buy this pair 1/2 size larger than I normally wear due to excesive swelling of my feet. Tried them on when the swelling is at it worst. They fit like a dream and are so comfortable. I have 2 top choices when buying shoes. Sauconys and Amazon.
on January 6, 2015
Saucony is always a true fit for me. I have wide feet and haven't had any issues with them being too tight. I'm a heavier guy so if you are like me and deciding between the Shadow and the Jazz go with the Shadow. They are well made and reinforced in the toe area and on the sides much better than the Jazz. just MHO