Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on July 25, 2012
Cute shoe-I get tons of compliments. Cushion is not this shoe's forte (not meant to be), arches are ok-I have high arches so have to wear inserts anyway-better than most I've tried recently. Very slippery when wet.... I walked through a sweat puddle at the gym and nearly busted my butt. Has grooves but they are not deep or wide-have to clean bottoms often. I actually like them when I'm lifting but hate them with cardio. I'm a underpronator...not the best shoe for me... I was just hoping that this shoe would help me plant my feet firmly vs rolling out...which they do but with the freq cleanings when outside plus the slip factor...Meh-I'm sure there is better out there.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I've been wearing mine for a year now. The only wear showing on them is the mesh where my big toe is on the left shoe. There's a small hole there.... I tend to lift my big toe while walking for some reason... I wear these shoes EVERYWHERE. I work where I'm standing and walking most of the day and I have no foot pain. I had them on this winter when, stupid me, forgot to check the weather and a snow storm hit. I had more traction in the snow than even my boots! I bought a pair of Brooks running shoes to start running but I don't like them anywhere near as much as these!

Update: 5/7/15-- I bought these shoes almost 3 years ago now (5/16/12) and I'm JUST replacing them (with the same ones since they had one left of my size in the purple)! The only problem after 3 years is that I have worn holes in the removable insoles where the balls of my feet are (right under the toes). I've used them for everything including training for a 5k! They're my daily shoes! The only time I don't wear them is when I'm riding my horse. I've been on trails with them, working around the horse farm, in my back yard, walking and running in the mountains by my home, on the beach, etc. They've been through the washing machine more times than I can count! I can STILL wear them to this day. BEST SHOES EVER!
on August 6, 2013
My wife, who's 60 years-old and likes to hike daily on the eastern and northern slopes of Pikes Peak, developed every painful condition connected to underpronating before we realized her shoes were the problem. We tried several models and makes before finding the Saucony Progrid Exodus 3.0s. After three long trial attempts on varied terrains (the Barr Trail, the 'Long's Ranch Rd and Bob's Rd combo, and Section 16 w/the High Drive, she realized these shoes were perfect for her and bought two more pair. Three weeks later, her feet and ankles (plantar facciitis and Achilles tendon) grow more comfortable with each successive walk. These shoes seem able to correct and relieve the damage caused by chronic suppination (underpronation)...plus they're very cushy, comfortable, and give her excellent traction on our notoriously loose, gravely, and rocky conditions. She ordered 9.5s and likes a wide toe box (and normally wears 9.5s), so for her these fit as needed. She suggests they'd be great for underpronators who like a roomy fit (wide). Very pleased!
on November 5, 2013
I have run for over 20 years and run about 20 miles per week. I have worn Saucony brand and prefer their fit and wear to any others. However the fit on these have been great, but they are already worn out! They have 1/2 to 1 inch frayed areas around the tops and the backs of the heels are already worn down. I received them about the middle of August, 2013. I feel that the quality of these shoes are not what I have previously been accustomed to with this brand.
LATER COMMENT: After writing the review I contacted Saucony directly and spoke to Marlene in the customer service department and she assured me that if I would return the shoes to them that they would evaluate the damage and "make it right". EDIT TO REVIEW: November 22, 2013: I returned the shoes as instructed and Saucony sent a new pair. I am very pleased with a company that cares about its customers and reputation.
on September 27, 2013
First time user of the Xodus it is so far a great shoe running comfortable. I have had plantar facia problems, and seems Salcouny shoes are great in making shoes that does not aggravate the heel problems. So far it is great.

I must add this to my review of the shoe, yesterday it rained and as I had gotten out of my car I almost slipped and would of hit the ground pretty hard had I not had the door to hold. As I walked quickly to get out of the rain I could feel the shoe slippery I do not want to run I did not feel enough confident I was walking on the parking lot which is a grated cement has enough friction on it so I believe the shoe is not very good on wet cement ground. I still love the shoe it is great running shoe but it would have to on gravel or dirt ground, a wet track or wet cement no way!
on March 17, 2015
As I stated in another review, Saucony is making their shoes bigger. I could have used a half size smaller. I put insoles into these and wear thick socks for winter and trail running and the fit okay. I like the lace pockets on the tongues. I might order another pair in a half size smaller for summer trails.
on January 22, 2015
Best shoes for hiking hands down. I've done boots and they are too stiff or too much support so my feet get stiff (and yes they are properly broken in). These shoes have grip and support but let you keep your natural stride and feel the ground underfoot. I have also done some running on and off trail with these and they're great there as well. Super comfy shoes. I want to wear them all the time but I don't want to wear out that sweet tread/grip so I don't. Great buy!
on October 20, 2013
Okay, I don't run, but I walk a lot and have problems with my achilles tendon. These shoes are excellent -- with the extra sole/lack of cut in between the front and back parts of the sole like regular shoes, there is additional support for my instep and I don't need to use my metatarsal pads. The toebox is extra roomy, so I don't wear these while I'm exercising because my feet slide just enough to be uncomfortable. But the extra room is great for normal wear and wonderful for walking. My favorite among my eight pairs of Saucony for walking.
on August 14, 2013
I wore the Gortex lined model for a marathon in Antarctica and loved the super comfortable fit so naturally bought the regular model for my next adventure marathon in the Amazon Jungle. I wore them in a road marathon the week I bought them and they were brilliant. Did my best time in them!
The fit was true to the size and is probably best for a wide foot, which I have. Many other brands I have tried have squashed my toes and caused them to go numb but these were perfect.
I now wear trail runners for both road and trail marathons as they are equally as good on either surface.
Forefoot cushioning is great.
on October 18, 2016
I'm working on my 7th pair of these (get over 500 miles, close to 900-1000 mi per pair.. These work well, but traction is a bit low. Newer model are supposed to have better traction, but they added a rollbar under forefoot, which messes things up.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.