|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$49.95 - $93.75|
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Running shoe-Alignment: stability
- Running shoe-Training area: training oriented running
- Season-season: Whole Year Product
- Running shoe-Foot pronation: Neutral / light Uberpronation
- Running shoe-Foot pronation:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Running shoe:
- Alignment: stability
- Applications: part asphalt, part gravel & forest trail
- Training area: training oriented running
- Foot pronation:
- Neutral / light Uberpronation
- Walking style alignment:
- midfoot striker
- heel striker
- season: Whole Year Product
- Running shoe equipment:
- Combination type: standard lacing
- position reflectors:
- front foot
- Outer sole:
- Profile: extremely abrasion resistant
- Model: on the back of the foot
- Model: anti-bacterial inlay sole
- Weight 1 shoe: 258 g
- Weight per Pair: 516 g
- product specific size information: obviously smaller size
- Fit: feminine cut
- Additional Information:
- light and more dynamical due to flat midsole
- 8mm offset
- Hydrator coating technology
- HRC Strobel Board technology
- Memory Foam Technology
- Comfortride inlay sole
- ProGrid LITE Technology
- SRC Impact Zone Technology
- XT-900 Technology
Saucony is among the most respected names in running shoes. They offer a wide range of running and walking shoes, each with the Saucony trademark fit, feel, and performance. They've spent years studying the biomechanics of top athletes because the goal is to develop creatively engineered systems that maximize your performance, allowing you to focus on the activity instead of the equipment. From studies have come many innovative Saucony concepts. Advanced technologies like Grid, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system, provide an advantage to athletes of all types.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005KGSECU
- Item model number: Pro Grid Guide 5-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
This shoe has it all! As a sub. teacher, I'm on my feet all day, and this shoe felt good all day. It's light-weight, too. It's just a great shoe!
I needed new running shoes, so I bought these on Amazon, thinking they would be the same as ever. But it is not so - the Guide 5 is stiff and narrow. I decided to keep them and give them a try, and I will say that after running and walking a few miles (maybe 50 miles) they fit OK with my thin running socks. But the sole doesn't feel like it will ever be as flexible as the Guide 2. I've never had to break in a pair of Saucony shoes before.
Since I just hate shoe shopping, I thought I'd order a second pair from Amazon. The first pair I got was the red and gold color, and it's nice. The second pair arrived today and it's the purple & green combo and I think they are just about the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. So ugly I can't even wear them as dog park shoes! Did I mention they're ugly? Since they cost me $80 I am returning them and going to a running shoe store to shop for a different brand, since Saucony seems to have let me down.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Update: today I took the Guide 5 to a running shoe store, and the shoe guy there said the shoe felt like a knock-off, or maybe a demo or a second. Lesson learned - don't buy running shoes on Amazon, it's not worth it! I was fitted in a nice pair of new Brooks and I can't wait to go for a run! I did try the Guide 6 and thought they were stiff and narrow, too.
These Saucony's were for my sister who is as picky as the average girl! So if she raves about them, then you know they're first rate! I personally like the look and style of them, something that caught both of our attention right away as she scanned Amazon for a new pair of running shoes.
My sister is talking now: Beware! Lol.
These shoes were comfortable right out of the box and support me well during my 30 minute daily walks. I recently broke my small toe ( he dropped a shelf on me..…grrr! ) and the Saucony doesn't even affect that toe. I run and do my walks in them and the shoe fits well and doesn't cause any soreness in my feet like my old Nikes did. I like these bette than my Nikes even when the Nikes were new. These seem to not encourage any pain in my low back. I like that I could pick from different colors to personalize them. Sadly though, they don't have a STEEL toe! Ha!
It's me again. For the record, she's a spaz! She always gets in the way of falling objects, slips or falls all over the place! Maybe these Saucony's will help her get out of the way next time! Ha!
Seriously, they are cool and do the job. And my persnickety sister is NOT complaining! There ya go!