Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 355 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on January 26, 2013
OK...I need stability (I am an overpronater) and need comfort (plantar fasciitis) and "give" at the joint of the great toe. (bunyon.)
This shoe has it all! As a sub. teacher, I'm on my feet all day, and this shoe felt good all day. It's light-weight, too. It's just a great shoe!
55 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2013
I've run in Sauconies for years, I am a serious runner and know my shoes. So I bought a pair for my wife who is also serious. There was something wrong with these straight out of the box. My first reaction was these were cheap knock-offs. My wife put them on and they were stiff, narrow, uncomfortable. Right size, but totally wrong. The components look noticeably cheaper than my ProGrids (mens about one year old, I always order two pairs and save a pair). Beware, these are either knock-offs or Saucony quality has just taken a nose-dive.
on July 27, 2013
These are just not as good as my old Sauconys. I have been running only in Saucony shoes for over 10 years. I ran a half and a full marathon in the Guide 2 and they were awesome right out of the box - they were wide enough and comfortable, with great stability, yet the sole was incredible flexible.
I needed new running shoes, so I bought these on Amazon, thinking they would be the same as ever. But it is not so - the Guide 5 is stiff and narrow. I decided to keep them and give them a try, and I will say that after running and walking a few miles (maybe 50 miles) they fit OK with my thin running socks. But the sole doesn't feel like it will ever be as flexible as the Guide 2. I've never had to break in a pair of Saucony shoes before.
Since I just hate shoe shopping, I thought I'd order a second pair from Amazon. The first pair I got was the red and gold color, and it's nice. The second pair arrived today and it's the purple & green combo and I think they are just about the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. So ugly I can't even wear them as dog park shoes! Did I mention they're ugly? Since they cost me $80 I am returning them and going to a running shoe store to shop for a different brand, since Saucony seems to have let me down.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Update: today I took the Guide 5 to a running shoe store, and the shoe guy there said the shoe felt like a knock-off, or maybe a demo or a second. Lesson learned - don't buy running shoes on Amazon, it's not worth it! I was fitted in a nice pair of new Brooks and I can't wait to go for a run! I did try the Guide 6 and thought they were stiff and narrow, too.
on August 27, 2014
I just love a new pair of sneaks! I have a bunch of them and my sister says i'm worse than she is when it comes to shoes. She probably means the amount of sneakers I have! I just love sneakers - all kinds.

These Saucony's were for my sister who is as picky as the average girl! So if she raves about them, then you know they're first rate! I personally like the look and style of them, something that caught both of our attention right away as she scanned Amazon for a new pair of running shoes.

My sister is talking now: Beware! Lol.

These shoes were comfortable right out of the box and support me well during my 30 minute daily walks. I recently broke my small toe ( he dropped a shelf on me..…grrr! ) and the Saucony doesn't even affect that toe. I run and do my walks in them and the shoe fits well and doesn't cause any soreness in my feet like my old Nikes did. I like these bette than my Nikes even when the Nikes were new. These seem to not encourage any pain in my low back. I like that I could pick from different colors to personalize them. Sadly though, they don't have a STEEL toe! Ha!

It's me again. For the record, she's a spaz! She always gets in the way of falling objects, slips or falls all over the place! Maybe these Saucony's will help her get out of the way next time! Ha!

Seriously, they are cool and do the job. And my persnickety sister is NOT complaining! There ya go!
on September 3, 2013
I have extremely flat feet and have been having trouble finding a good long distance running shoe that feels comfortable. I am training for a marathon and have put way too many miles on my old shoes. I had been running on the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12.0 and they were okay, but pretty tight in the toe box and I have been having some trouble with my toes going numb on longer runs. So I was looking for a shoe with a larger toe box and/or more stretching in the material in that area. I ordered these after reading several reviews without trying them on thinking that I could return if didn't work. But they feel great! I've put approximately 40 miles on them so far, including a 16 mile run and my feet haven't felt this good in over a year. As recommended in other reviews, I went up 1/2 size and they may be a little big, but my feet tend to swell on the longer runs so that is okay. The material around the toe box is very stretchy and flexible and breaths well keeping my feet cool. Highly recommend!
on July 28, 2013
I normally wear an 11. I tried this style of shoe on in the store and got the aqua blue version. I bought this style online instead because I needed a wide and this (dark blue) was the only color they had in an 11 Wide. I was sad to find that even though they are the "same shoe" the styles were definitely different. Aesthetically speaking there were some minor differences in what the toe looked like, what was silver or grey etc, the bigger problems were that the wide seemed the exact same width (I still had the other pair to compare before I returned them) and this (dark blue version) shoe was definitely 1.5+ inches higher, as if the base of the shoe was completely different. I chose to return them because of the width issue and because the taller shoe created a bulkier profile. The comfort of the shoe was about the same with the same springy/ supportive bottom with slight cushioning (not the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn but the best I found at the store). These shoes were my top pick out of the 20+ pairs I tried at the store (DSW). There are well cushioned around the heel and the foot bed is firm and supportive and somewhat cushioning. They seemed to give the best firm-support for my on-my-feet-all-day lifestyle.
I would recommend them as a good middle to higher quality running shoe but they're not perfect; I would have liked a more cushioned foot bed.
I instead ended up getting the Asics Womens Gel-Nimbus 14 shoe in a 11 wide and I LOVE them (almost) hands down.
on August 25, 2013
I love Sauconys and would never buy any other shoe. Since this specific model, color, and size is exactly like the shoes I have, I thought this was a great buy for the shoes I love but that needed updating. However after 3 weeks of wearing these shoes, I had awful pain in my left Achilles. I went to the doctor, not thinking it was my shoe and she asked me if I needed to replace my shoes. I told her no, that I had just bought new shoes. Aha! I changed back to my old shoes and the pain went away. I feel like I wasted the $60+ I spent on these shoes that I can't wear. Heading back to Zappos for my Saucony shoe purchases. Not going to take this risk again. My feet are too important with as much as I run.
on July 16, 2013
I normally wear a size 9 shoe but sometimes need a 9.5. In this model, I needed the 9.5. I have bad feet and I have a hard time finding work-out shoes that work for me. I was very pleased with this shoe. So pleased in fact, that I bought a 2nd pair since the model is likely to become unavailable. I find it very frustrating to find a shoe that works for me and then when I go to buy another pair a year or so later, it becomes obsolete.
on April 15, 2015
I had a pair of these sneakers that I used to run in, loved them. They held up great for a couple of years - no, I used them for running, then walking after I stopped running. I knew it was time to replace them and bought another pair, same style, same size. These were a little snug but not bad. After walking 3-4 times (at about 2.5-3 miles each walk), the bottom of the sole came unglued in the back. I am returning them and will look for another sneaker, hopefully not made in China/Indonesia.
review image
on July 21, 2013
I've owned at least three pairs of Saucony running shoes. Because they have all fit me perfectly, I thought I knew my size (8 1/2) and I felt comfortable ordering this pair on line when my local shoe store did not have my size. To my surprise, the first time I wore them I got a huge blister on my right heel. I never experienced any discomfort when I wore my previous Saucony shoes. I noticed that my last pairs were made in Viet Nam. This pair was made in Indonesia. Could there be a difference in how they're manufactured in these different countries? I'm now debating to decide if I should return this pair, give them away to a friend who has a slightly smaller foot than I have, or donate them to charity. Needless to say, I won't be telling everyone how great these running shoes are. I used to tell everyone how comfortable this brand was. I now have to go to a store and try different brands to see if there's a shoe that will fit me as well as the old Sauconys did.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question