BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on April 5, 2013
This is my third pair of Saucony running shoes.
My first reaction when I tried them on was that this model does not have generous toe room which I expected based on my past experience with Kinvara 2 and Hattori. This was a bit of disappointment since it was one of the things I really liked about the other two. It didn't remain in my consciousness in the first part of 6-mile run, but started creeping back into it toward the end. It probably will bother me especially around the pinkies if I do longer runs.
Good solid support & fair grip on rocky surfaces and pebbles. I climbed up on wet rock as well with no issues. The sole is a bit stiff but I think that's expected with the amount of cushion - I'm probably too used to Hattori which is true "barefoot" and bends freely.
on December 7, 2013
I love Saucony! For me they have the best running shoes. I had been wearing a pair from their pro grid series but was curious to find a more minimalist shoe. I tried Merrel Vibrams and they were a little too minimalist. The Kinivara strikes a nice balance in that it is more minimalist but you still have some support. They have held up pretty well without excessive wear on the sole. I have had them for around 6 months and I average anywhere from 20-30 miles per week. I would definitely buy again.
on October 8, 2014
Wanting to transition to a lower drop shoe, and currently running in Sauconys, I felt pretty confident this shoe would work for me. Unfortunately, the fit is more narrow than the other shoes I own and I just can't bring myself to run with my toes squished together. I will never understand why shoe companies don't make shoes shaped more like feet! lol

For reference, my casual shoe size is a 7.5. I almost always run in an 8.5, however (never in a 7.5 and only very rarely in an 8). Lengthwise, these fit like the other Saucony 8.5s I use for running, but they are just too narrow to be functional for me. Had the width been different, I would have kept these, as I liked the underfoot feel while running. My toes protested way too much, though, and back they went.
on November 25, 2013
I bought these off a recommendation ... I needed new trail shoes and I usually wear the Cascadia... This is far from the Cascadia, I know, but I LOVED them!! It obviously doesn't have all the cushioning that my other shoe gave me but it was just enough that my feet didn't hurt. The sole was tough enough that rocks and roots didn't hurt. It had a large enough toe box that my toes could move. I have a somewhat narrower foot but my foot felt snug. I had only run a couple of times before my race in them. I was more and more impressed each time I wore them. I chose to wear them for my 50 miler and they held up really well. We had a couple of creek crossing and they drained great!
I didn't have any real issues with them.. I had read other reviews and they were saying that they ran small..I didn't find that to be the case. I wear an 8.5 and that what I ordered. They fit fine. I have no complaints about this shoe. I will definitely ordered them again.
on July 28, 2014
Hello,

I live in Michigan's UP and run at least 40 miles per week, almost always on single track, rooty, rocky trails. These shoes grip in wet, snowy, and grassy conditions. They are low profile and encourage forefoot/mid-foot striking. If you are a plodder who heel strikes or overpronates drastically, these shoes are not for you. They are not very cushioned, and don't compare well to the Saucony Kinvara road. However, minimalist trail shoes, which encourage a close to the ground feel, aren't supposed to be cushioned--cushioning would defeat the purpose. They are more supportive than the NB minimus; the Kinvara has a stiffer sole and solid toe bumper.

By the way, I am about 124 pounds and 5'2" -- not a lightweight -- but I get a lot of miles on these shoes.

They are narrow in the footbed, but my platypus feet stretched them out a bit.

PS. Minimalist shoes put a lot of stress on your ankles and calves, so don't crank out a long one the first day.
on February 12, 2014
My regular running shoe is a Kinvara, so I was hopeful about this one and ordered them online. Sadly, the trail version has a much different fit. Very very narrow through the foot and most noticeably in the toe box. Overall seems small too - I normally wear an 9 in running shoes, maybe going up to a 9.5 would have been a better fit. But they also seemed to be low on the back of my heel - I felt like it wasn't holding my foot inside. Too bad. The shoe seems like a good one in other respects. Low, minimalist ride and the right stiffness and grip that you are looking for in a trail shoe. My foot just isn't dainty enough, I guess. I returned these and got the Saucony Peregrine Trail... much better fit for me.
on March 7, 2013
I wear a 9M, US in the Saucony Women's (regular) running shoe. Although the TR (trail) version is supposed to fit tighter in the footbed in order to handle rough terrain, I found them to be shorter as well. They are made from a more durable (but stiffer) material, and the back rubbed my heel instantly. I never even went for a run in them before I returned them, as they started rubbing my heel and toes while in the house. It's too bad, but I'm just going to purchase the regular Kinavaras.
on June 6, 2013
I usually wear a 9 in Nikes and other athletic shoes, and had never tried Sauconys before. The price was excellent on Amazon Warehouse Deals (love that site), the shoes were adorable, and the reviews were good. I have pretty narrow feet and also usually need quite a lot of arch support, so I also bought a pair of Smartfeet green insoles.

When I first tried on the shoes with a pair of medium-weight Smartwool socks, they felt pretty good. The factory insole, however, was really flimsy, so I stuck in the Smartfeets. After that they were just quite snug; sure, it was the afternoon (and feet swell, as I've learned from reading other Amazon reviews), but even so my feet had maybe only a centimeter or so of room in the toes, and I had a feeling that that would soon translate into cramps and pain with any extended wear or even (gasp) a run. So as much as I liked how they looked, I had to return them.
on December 19, 2014
I've worn Nikes forever and I was looking for a good substitute just to have a bit of variety in my shoe closet. I wore these the same day I got them and hit the treadmill, after about five minutes my left foot was in pain, I couldn't continue jogging comfortably and I couldn't wait to get home to take them off. I figured maybe I should have broken them in first, so I wore them here and there and they are somewhat comfortable now, but they are my last choice in footwear. My foot is barely a size 5 and I ordered a 5, so maybe they run much too small. I'm sadly disappointed because I love the look and colors.
on April 28, 2013
I have been running in Kinvara 2s for more than a year and love them. Which is why I had hoped their trail shoe would be just as good....they are nothing like the road shoes and not even worth buying. These run small and are extremely narrow in the toe box. Thumbs down on these.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.