Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases, containing "comfortable high arch"). See all 697 reviews
on February 23, 2017
This is my second pair of Saucony Ride 8 Shoes and I love them! They are perfect if you have high arches and are comfortable to wear for long lengths of time. I am very pleased with my purchase.
on September 13, 2016
I am not a runner, but I do walk about 5 miles (10,000 steps) each day. Years ago, my husband and I were fit for shoes in a sports specialty store. I highly recommend you get a fitting before picking out shoes. You need to know if you overpronate, underpronate or are neutral (such as a high arch). We started wearing the Saucony Ride 4 and were impressed with the comfort and durability. I was surprised to find out a few of my family members only wear the Saucony brand, too! The Saucony Ride 8 does not fit like my first pair of Sauconys. I don't know why shoe manufacturer's change a good thing, but the Ride 8 toe box is a bit more narrow and the sole somewhat stiff. It did take a few weeks for the shoes to fit as I prefer. I do not like them to fit like a glove (like Asics), but I prefer them more loose with some wiggle room. You may want to consider purchasing in a wide or going up 1/2 size. I bought the black/coral/lime and love the colors! I will continue to buy Saucony Rides each year.
on July 27, 2016
Even though Amazon has dropped the price of these since I ordered in June, of course I still highly recommend them. Saucony running shoes are my holy grail shoe for absolutely everything. I started wearing them close to ten years ago with some form of this style (maybe the Ride 3?) and then got the Ride 6 a couple of years ago which lasted 750+ miles (granted, these were not all running miles, but mileage nonetheless). While I still had the Ride 6, I even tried the Saucony Cohesion (way cheaper and albeit still a decent shoe but you really do get a better shoe with the price jump, meaning to these). I have very high arches and as a rule, high arched runners can underpronate so do best in a neutral-cushioned shoe that encourages a more natural foot motion which these are. Do not go with stability, which a lot of Saucony shoes in prettier colors are.

I also suggest an additional cushioning insole...don't waste your money on "custom" the $70+ ones that are out there; the generic $20 cushioning work just as well. I do not know if you can get these on Amazon as I buy mine at Roadrunner Sports. I noticed that with the Ride 8 though that I went a good two months with just the provided insole and was very comfortable. It is only now because it is getting hot that I switched to a different insole as they help cool a bit more than the standard ones and I do not have especially sweaty feet but anything I can do to be just that more comfortable i will do.The Ride 8 also feature the better CoolMax liner which is awesome.

The toe box is quite adequate even when I do swell a bit more (I have primary lower extremity Lymphedema which actually starts at my ankles, extending to my thighs so my feet really aren't that affected but on the occasions that my feet do also swell up a bit more, I merely lace my shoe differently and it relieves any pressure across the top of my foot. It's amazing what changing the lacing technique can do so I check out this guide [...] (The site is actually called Ian's Shoelace Site or if you just search for lacing methods, it will pop up since I don't know if the link will work).

I would also poke around online in regard to pronation - that really is the most essential factor in getting the right fit for a running shoe. Finally, the Ride 8 have an 8mm heel to toe offset and I know at some point in the recent past I either had a shoe or tried a shoe that was a 12mm heel to toe offset and the 8mm are SO much better! Once again, read up on the specifics of what exactly this means but for me, it made a noticeable improvement in comfort, etc.I tried going back to Asics as well since I wore those in high school and college but I'm a Saucony girl now and of course to each is own, but if you're not certain, treat yourself to the Saucony experience.
on July 8, 2016
After reading online about shoes for people with high arches, I ordered these without trying them on in a store. What luck! I love them! while I still need a littl extra arch support these shoes are so comfortable! They have great cushion on the bott of the foot and great ankle support. Very happy with purchase so far.
on June 14, 2016
I was in need of a good pair of shoes for walking 2-3 miles per day as I have some pretty severe lower back pain caused by scoliosis, spondylolisthesis (forward displacement of my L5 vertebrae) and stress fractures in my L4 and L5 vertebrae. I also have a high arch in my feet and underpronation. After doing some research for the best shoes for arch support and underpronation that wouldn't run me upwards of $200, the Saucony Ride 8's kept coming up on the lists. Long story short, these are the best sneakers I have ever owned. They are extremely comfortable and give me the support I need and have been missing. They're very breathable and light on my feet and I can honestly say that my "after walk" pain has ceased since I have been using them. Granted, I have only had these sneakers for about a week now, but I have walked almost 20 miles in them and so far they're wonderful. I would buy a pair of these again without hesitation. Thanks, Saucony, for making a quality, comfortable, supportive shoe that doesn't break the bank!
on May 29, 2016
Great fit for my high arch. No break in needed. Super comfortable.
on March 8, 2016
When you find a running shoe that works well for you, you're only disappointment is that the company eventually makes a new model and discontinues the previous ones as they sell out. I am happy to add another pair of Saucony Women's Ride 8 shoes to my running shoe collection, as they provide decent arch support and comfort for all the mileage I put into them. They also have a removable insert that comes with the shoe, which you can choose to replace with some Superfeet inserts for moderate to high volume use. While the new fad is to go with HOKA's, sometimes the "rocker" style creates some calf pain, and I end up relying on these Saucony's to go the distance. They are my shoe of choice for my first Ironman race. Love my Saucony Rid 8's!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.