- File Size: 532 KB
- Print Length: 258 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 6, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M300DBA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#57,212 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #74 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- #265 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- #400 in Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $7.00 (58%)
The Savage Darkness (Darkness After Series Book 4) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 258 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The main characters are Mitch and Lisa Henley, living near their family's land after the events of the third book, which as the blurb notes saw their house burned down. Although they are living in more primitive conditions, most of the focus of this installment is not on the primitive living itself, but rather the effort to acquire things they need but don't have in the aftermath of the fire. The quest leads to substantial peril for some of them.
The writing is pretty good, and the story reads similar to other books by this author: The story covers events happening in different places and at different times, switching between them frequently. It can be a little challenging to match everything up timewise, but enough markers are provided to enable that. The story holds together and illustrates at different points, examples of amazing naivete and lack of caution--and the consequences. Also similar to other books in this series, the ending is a cliffhanger pointing to a fifth installment (the cliffhanger aspect seems to be more direct with the Darkness series than with those in the Pulse collection, possibly because of the young adult (YA) target market for these). In this case, enough material is let on the table for at least another couple of books, delving into a sub-plot I have been half-expecting for some time.
I hope a number five is coming. These books are somewhat brief, but that allows frequent releases. Although nominally YA, they're plenty readable by non-Y people. I'm not necessarily sold on the post-apocalyptic genre overall, but the characters are engaging and interesting. I have read a few doomer-style books and these are the best of them.
Wish he could put another book out in 3 months or less.
Can hardly wait for the next one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This one starts with a man on his horse. The man is Doug Henley and Eli is his horse.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian