Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on July 9, 2013
I was a bit worried with some of the reviews which said this paper photographs grey. I wanted a black backdrop for some portraits and was hoping this would do the job.

Well it did, and with flying colors.

Using a pair of softboxes on my subject to control light spill, I was able to achieve a near-black background with this paper straight out of camera. With a little post processing on the computer, I would able to push the background to pure black with no hassle at all.

If I would have used direct lighting onto the paper, it would have photographed more grey. However if you can keep the light on your subject and minimize spill onto the paper, you will achieve a very dark background with this paper.

Very happy overall.
on January 17, 2016
I've used this a few times now since I got it, and I'm very happy with the quality and ease of use. Let me start by saying; paper background is so much easier than canvas/cloth backgrounds. No wrinkles to worry about, nice bend when doing full body shots, don't have to worry about debris (hair, dust, lint), easy to roll and unroll.

If I had to do it over, I would have gone with the white one and still am going to buy it. That was my choice though, nothing against the product. If you are like me, and deciding between white and black....go white. I find most people like it better, easier to remove the background in post, doesn't eat light like black, and just cut the light on the background and you can achieve gray/black anyway. So unless you need black for a specific reason, white would be more practical for most people.
on March 10, 2015
Although it's black, it's shoots a smoke/charcoal gray. I contemplated sending this back but decided on keeping it. I've done a couple photo shoot using this (the first time, I didn't like how it turned out. It took some getting used to...) and I'm interested in grabbing a few more colors - eventually.

I would still love to true black seamless paper; if I can find it.

Veronica | Sacramento, CA
The Artistic Memoirs
Freelance Photographer
review image
on June 2, 2016
Looks pretty good in backgrounds. I wish this came in a size between the two that they have available. If you're using this with flash (probably since you're using this in a studio), you'll see any imperfections in the background. This is pretty easy to fix in photoshop or lightroom (using the healing/clone brush)
on November 7, 2013
Very good quality. Highly durable for being paper. Unrolls rather evenly and works as described. Only concern is that when you roll it up, there is not sleeve or anything to help keep the paper rolled up. Can use clamps but damages the ends of the roll.
on January 22, 2017
Finally I found a backdrop can fullfill my need. This is a great backdrop, the material is so thick and there is no wrinkle like the other muslin backdrops I used to own. All you need is good lighting and camera, you won;t regret to get one.
review image review image review image review image
on September 21, 2015
I really really like this! I have to admit, I was surprised it didn't look "super black" - but it was easy enough to edit my photos to look black. The light made it appear more dark grey if the subject got too close to the background. Otherwise it worked WONDERFULLY!

Will definitely be buying more - and in different colors. :)
review image review image
on May 25, 2014
Once again my order is shipped quickly and well packaged. Savage seamless paper is the best thing for photo backgrounds. I usually use the white, but was thinking that black would be more suitable in certain situations. From some of the other reviews I wasn't sure it would be "true black", but was pleased to find that it is every bit "super black". It is working great. Will continue to purchase, probably from the same seller.
on February 10, 2010
I do love this backdrop because it's dark, and heavy duty...but because it's paper I find that I still have to do some post processing work to really get that dark background I want. This is of course to be expected, but what I mean is that I prefer fabric for the darker backdrops. They absorb the light better if that is what you are going for. If you are looking for a dark backdrop, but not a totally blacked out backdrop...than this one works fabulously. And as I mentioned...the paper is heavy and durable.
on September 28, 2013
I am really happy with this purchase, it came on time and without any damage. As a photographer, this helps to create crisp and uniform portraits without any crease. It allows the images to look professional and brings out definition in the subject. This is also great for video interviews and product photography